On Cell Phone Forums
  1. #1
    tavenger5
    tavenger5 is offline
    Mr Admin Guy
    tavenger5's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    10,851 - liked 1108 times
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow tavenger5 On Twitter
    I have a person that keeps calling me over and over again, how do I block them from calling and texting through AT&T. (I don't want to just set a silent ringtone for this person)


    See More: How to block a number from calling or texting
    John

    Please click LIKE to show if a post is helpful or not!



  2. #2
    Shwaffle
    Shwaffle is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    5 - liked 2 times

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    I think your best bet would be to call your providor and give it a shot, but I don't think they'd do it, I had the same problem with an ex, and AT&T wouldn't let me block the number from calling me.



  3. #3
    tavenger5
    tavenger5 is offline
    Mr Admin Guy
    tavenger5's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    10,851 - liked 1108 times
    Blog Entries
    8
    Follow tavenger5 On Twitter Add tavenger5 on Google+

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    anyone else - does AT&T even have a way for the customer to block numbers?
    John

    Please click LIKE to show if a post is helpful or not!



  4. #4
    BigJames523
    BigJames523 is offline
    Moderator
    BigJames523's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Apple iPhone-16GB
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Location
    Palm Beach County, FL
    Posts
    292 - liked 94 times
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    From myexpierence, negative... You are not able to get this done from any phone carrier that I am aware of.

    From my Work standpoint: The only options you really have are :
    1) Change your phone number
    2) Use the Silent Ringtone
    3) Ignore them and hope they go away sometime soon

    I do appoligize for this, its a PITA (Pain in the a$$) but its very hard to do something unless they are making specific threats.

    On the other hand, if you want some assistance, or other recomendations, PM Me, and I can try to help with other things! LOL
    The Bigg Guy



  5. #5
    Tony E!
    Tony E! is offline
    \/\/ireless/\dvisor
    Tony E!'s Avatar

    Cell Phone
    HTC EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint PCS
    Location
    City of /\ngels
    Posts
    3,586 - liked 130 times

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    Quote Originally Posted by tavenger5 View Post
    I have a person that keeps calling me over and over again, how do I block them from calling and texting through AT&T. (I don't want to just set a silent ringtone for this person)
    Hire a hitman.

    (oOO\ (||||)(||||) /OOo)

    Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
    they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out.

    Super /\/\oderator


    Make sure to click the to show if a post is helpful.



  6. #6
    BrianP
    BrianP is offline
    Junior Member

    Cell Phone
    LG Tritan
    Carrier
    ALLTEL Wireless
    Posts
    21 - liked 2 times

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    You can enroll in AT&T Smart Limits. You can also get a number change for free if it's due to harassing phone calls. Number change will only be free for the first time. Each additional time it will be $36.



  7. #7
    ih8mypalm
    ih8mypalm is offline
    Newbie

    Cell Phone
    Siemens A56 / A56I
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    5 - liked 1 times

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    Submit your ex's number on those spammer sites, that way your ex will be too busy handling other harassing calls to call you.

    sorry not technically helpfully, but it might make you feel better.

    Changing your number seems like such a pain in the @$$. Sorry couldnt be more helpful
    PhoneTonesForFree.com



  8. #8
    FroggieG
    FroggieG is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    1

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    Subscribe to TrapCall dot com. They have a free service, but it messes up delivery of your voicemail (you have to call their access number to retrieve them). I subscribe to their cheapest plan (less than 3 bucks a month) which lets my voicemail work normally, but both the free and their cheapest plan lets you block calls. It's awesome and great for spam calls and those pesky people you don't ever want to hear from again!! The service also stores your voicemails on their website until you delete them. Works with AT&T and I think Verizon.



  9. #9
    princess25
    princess25 is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    1

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames523 View Post
    From myexpierence, negative... You are not able to get this done from any phone carrier that I am aware of.

    From my Work standpoint: The only options you really have are :
    1) Change your phone number
    2) Use the Silent Ringtone
    3) Ignore them and hope they go away sometime soon

    I do appoligize for this, its a PITA (Pain in the a$$) but its very hard to do something unless they are making specific threats.

    On the other hand, if you want some assistance, or other recomendations, PM Me, and I can try to help with other things! LOL
    you can have a number blocked. I have sprint and I called them and told them the number Iwant blocked. That person can no longer call my phone.

    I have sprint and they blocked a number for me. That person can't call me no more.
    Last edited by princess25; 12-02-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Double post



  10. #10
    SKYYGUYY
    SKYYGUYY is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    4
    Follow SKYYGUYY On Twitter

    Re: How to block a number from calling or texting

    Quote Originally Posted by ih8mypalm View Post
    Submit your ex's number on those spammer sites, that way your ex will be too busy handling other harassing calls to call you.

    sorry not technically helpfully, but it might make you feel better.

    Changing your number seems like such a pain in the @$$. Sorry couldnt be more helpful
    Brilliant! lol



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.