On Cell Phone Forums
  1. #1
    nintendo1889
    nintendo1889 is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    24
    Has anyone switched from net10 (owned by tracfone) to boost mobile? How do I prove that a number is mine on a prepaid phone?

    Does Boost Unlimited use CDMA? I ask because it's mentioned here: google for this press release: Unlimited by Boost Flat-Rate Wireless Service Now Available in New Orleans.


    See More: Anyone Switched From Net10/Tracfone to Boost?



  2. #2
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,885 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Anyone Switched From Net10/Tracfone to Boost?

    Prove a number is yours?

    I do believe the Unlimited Plan is iDEN, not CDMA. They are migrating from CDMA to iDEN, for national coverage reasons...

    Boost Unlimited going nationwide in 2009 | Prepaid Reviews

    Quote Originally Posted by nintendo1889 View Post
    Has anyone switched from net10 (owned by tracfone) to boost mobile? How do I prove that a number is mine on a prepaid phone?

    Does Boost Unlimited use CDMA? I ask because it's mentioned here: google for this press release: Unlimited by Boost Flat-Rate Wireless Service Now Available in New Orleans.
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  3. #3
    nintendo1889
    nintendo1889 is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    24

    Re: Anyone Switched From Net10/Tracfone to Boost?

    Thanks for the reply. I see people selling Boost Unlimited Motorola W385 phones on craigslist, which is a cdma phone. Can sprint only move new customers over to iden rather than force old ones using cdma to move over? Is their any law preventing them from doing so?

    Boost mobile says I can port my number according to their Port Eligibility Check, but I guess I'll just have to try it and see.
    Last edited by nintendo1889; 02-18-2009 at 12:03 PM.



  4. #4
    boostfan69
    boostfan69 is offline
    Member

    Cell Phone
    Motorola KRZR-K1m
    Posts
    51 - liked 7 times

    Re: Anyone Switched From Net10/Tracfone to Boost?

    I have switched to the NEW unlimited EVERYTHING plan for $50 a month!
    I LOVE IT! Its IDEN, not CDMA, but I am impressed with the service. Works almost EVERYWHERE! I LOVE IT!

    boostmobiledotcom



  5. #5
    nintendo1889
    nintendo1889 is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    24

    Re: Anyone Switched From Net10/Tracfone to Boost?

    Quote Originally Posted by boostfan69 View Post
    I have switched to the NEW unlimited EVERYTHING plan for $50 a month!
    I LOVE IT! Its IDEN, not CDMA, but I am impressed with the service. Works almost EVERYWHERE! I LOVE IT!

    boostmobiledotcom
    Which city are you in?



  6. #6
    boostfan69
    boostfan69 is offline
    Member

    Cell Phone
    Motorola KRZR-K1m
    Posts
    51 - liked 7 times

    honolulu but your using sprint service who has service almost everywhere
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/608; U; en) Presto/2.2.0



  7. #7
    nicknrm
    nicknrm is offline
    Super Moderator
    nicknrm's Avatar

    Cell Phone
    Samsung LTE MiFi
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Location
    Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,885 - liked 297 times
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Anyone Switched From Net10/Tracfone to Boost?

    To be exact, Sprint PCS has proven they cover 60% of the United States with their own, on network coverage. With roaming, which is generally free (or cheap), they cover the rest of the nation. Verizon is the primary provider of Sprint roaming. I'm not certain if Boost can access Sprint's Roaming Network.

    Quote Originally Posted by boostfan69 View Post
    honolulu but your using sprint service who has service almost everywhere
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/608; U; en) Presto/2.2.0
    Send Nick a PM

    I hope you found this post helpful. Choose Like/Thanks, if you did




  8. #8
    nintendo1889
    nintendo1889 is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    24

    Re: Anyone Switched From Net10/Tracfone to Boost?

    Everyone who has a problem porting from Net10 should report them to the fcc.

    esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.