This guide will explain 4 of the easiest methods of transferring contacts from an iPhone over to the ZTE Grand S Flex. All 4 methods are easy to use, but each one comes with its advantages. If you have access to a computer, you can use iTunes or iCloud. Otherwise, you can transfer your contacts using applications, such as "Bump" or "My Contacts Backup".
Using iTunes to Transfer Contacts from an iPhone:
Using iTunes, you can sync your iPhone contacts to your Google account. To do so:
- On your computer, launch iTunes. If you need iTunes, visit the official Apple website and download the client
- Once iTunes is launched, connect your iPhone to your computer using the proprietary USB cable
- After your iPhone is connected, click on it in the iTunes window, in order to access the summary page
- Go to the "Info" tab
- Mark the check box associated with "Sync Contacts With"
- Select "Google Contacts" form the drop-down menu
- Enter your Google account and password, assuming that you haven't done so before. Otherwise, you can click "Configure" and select a previously set Google account
- Click "Apply" and allow iTunes to sync your contacts
- On your ZTE Grand S Flex, register with the same Google account, if you haven’t done so before. To add a new account, go to "Settings" > "Accounts"
- Allow the Google account to sync the contacts with your ZTE smartphone
Using iCloud to Transfer Contacts from an iPhone:
In case you have used iCloud on your iPhone before, then your contacts should have already been backed up onto your iCloud account. To export these contacts to your ZTE Grand S Flex:
- Use your computer's Internet browser to access www.icloud.com
- Sign in to your iCloud account
- Select "Contacts" and mark the contacts that you wish to export
- Click the icon depicting a cog wheel (located in the lower-left side of the screen) and click "Export vCard"
- Your PC will now download the VCF file which contains your contacts
- Once the VCF file is downloaded, you can perform one of the following steps:
- Import the VCF file to "Google Contacts".
- Connect your ZTE Grand S Flex to your computer using the USB cable, and copy the VCF file to your phone's "/sdcard" directory. Once the transfer is complete, open the "People" application, press "Menu", tap "Import / Export" and select "import from storage" or "sdcard". Then, select the contacts that you wish to import.
Using the "My Contacts Backup" App to Transfer Contacts from an iPhone:
My Contacts Backup is an iOS application that allows you to easily transfer your iPhone contacts via email. To use the application:
- Search for the "My Contacts Backup" application from the App Store and install it
- Open the application and tap "Backup". This will create a VCF backup of your contacts
- After the process is complete, tap "Email" to attach a VCF file to an email
- Use your own Gmail address as the recipient, and send the email containing the VCF file
- On your ZTE Grand S Flex, open the email containing the attachment, and download it in order to import the contacts to your phone
Using the "Bump" App to Transfer iPhone Contacts:
Bump is yet another application that allows you to easily transfer contacts from an iPhone to your ZTE Grand S Flex. NOTE: The app requires an active internet connection on both handsets
- Install "Bump" on your iPhone
- On your ZTE Grand S Flex, visit the "Play Store" and download "Bump"
- Open the application on both smartphones. When prompted, allow permissions
- On the iPhone, swipe until you reach the "Contacts" section
- Select the contacts that you wish to transfer
- After the "Bump now!" label appears in the top-right corner, you can gently bump your two smartphones together
- Tap "Connect" on the pop-up dialogue in order to allow the devices to communicate
- The previously selected contacts should now be shared with your ZTE Grand S Flex
› See More: ZTE Grand S Flex: 4 Easy Methods of Transferring Contacts from an iPhone
Phones Discussed Above
|More ZTE Grand S topics||Other Phone Reviews Forum||Reviews|
- General Cell Phone Forum
- General Cell Phone Forum
- Sony Ericsson