Where apps, data, and files are stored
HTC One V uses these storage types:
Apps and data storage - Apps are installed to this storage, labeled as Internal storage in your
phone settings. It also stores data such as your text messages, contacts you created or synchronized to your phone, account settings, and more. This storage is managed and carefully guarded by your phone since it contains your private information. When you connect your phone to your computer, this storage is not accessible from your computer. Storage contents will be erased when you do a factory reset. Make sure to back up your data before starting a factory reset. Some apps allow you to back up to your storage card, such as People.
Storage card - You can store your files such as photos, music, and videos to this removable storage.
When you connect your phone to your computer, this storage is accessible and you can copy files between them.
Connecting HTC One V to a computer
Whenever you connect HTC One V to a computer using the USB cable, the Choose a connection type screen opens and lets you choose the type of USB connection. Select one of the following choices, and then tap Done:
Charge only - Select this option if you only want to charge the battery while connected to your computer.
Disk drive - This mode is available only when thereís a storage card installed on HTC One V. Select this mode when you want to copy files between the storage card and your computer. When Disk drive mode is enabled while HTC One V is connected to the computer, you will not be able to use apps on HTC One V to access the storage card.
HTC Sync Manager - Select this option to sync media and your data such as contacts, calendar, bookmarks, and other information between your computer and HTC One V.
USB tethering - When you do not have an Internet connection on your computer, you can select this mode to share the mobile data connection of HTC One V with your computer.
Internet pass-through - If you donít have a data plan or you donít have access to a Wi-Fi network, you can select this mode to share your computerís Internet connection with HTC One V.
Copying files to or from the storage card
You can copy your music, photos, and other files to the storage card.
1. Connect HTC One V to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
2. On the Choose a connection type screen, select Disk drive, and then tap Done. On your computer, the storage card is recognized as a removable disk.
3. Navigate to the removable disk and open it.
4. Do one of the following:
- Copy the files from the computer to the storage cardís root folder.
- Copy the files from the storage card to a folder in your computer.
5. After copying the files, unmount the removable disk (that is, the connected HTC One V) as required by your computerís operating system to safely remove HTC One V.
6. Do one of the following:
- Disconnect HTC One V from the computer.
- If you want to keep HTC One V connected to the computer but want it to be able to access the storage card, open the Notifications panel, tap Disk drive, select an option except Disk drive, and then tap Done.
› See More: Connecting Your HTC One V To A ComputerJohn
Click LIKE to show if a post is helpful or not!
Into Nikon Photography? Check out Nikonites
- 08-09-2012, 11:13 AM #2
Re: Connecting Your HTC One V To A Computer
Wow! Thank you for this. I have brought my HTC One V a while back and I am loving it
Phones Discussed Above
|More HTC One V topics||HTC Forum||Reviews|
|More HTC One Silver topics||HTC Forum||Reviews|