The HTC One Max is the hottest and latest flagship smartphone from HTC, and in case you wish to make the transition from an iPhone to the Max, then you're probably going to want and transfer your contacts. Fret not, the process of sharing contacts is not as complicated as it may sound, and by following one of the methods below, you'll be done in no time.
Transferring Contacts from an iPhone to the HTC One Max Using iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your computer. If necessary, visit the Apple website and download > install iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Once connected, your handset should appear in iTunes. Click on it to view the device's summary page
- Go to the "Info" tab
- Mark the "Sync Contacts With" check box, then select "Google Contacts" in the drop-down menu
- Enter your Google account's log in credentials. If you've set a Google account previously, you can click "Configure" and select it from the list
- Click "Apply" and let iTunes sync the contacts
- On your HTC One Max, register the aforementioned Google account (if you haven't done so already). To add an account, go to "Settings" > "Accounts"
- Allow the Google account to sync the contacts on your One Max
Transferring Contacts from an iPhone Using iCloud:
Assuming that you've enabled iCloud on your iPhone, then your contacts should have been backed up to your iCloud account. If so, you can use the method below to transfer these contacts to your One Max.
- Use your computer's Internet browser to visit www.icloud.com
- Log in with your iCloud account and click "Contacts"
- Select the contacts that you wish to transfer / share
- Click the "Settings" icon located at the bottom-left corner, and then select "Export vCard"
- After your computer downloads the VCF file, import it to "Google Contacts". Alternatively, skip this step and perform the next one:
- Connect your HTC One Max to your computer and copy the VCF file to your handset's "/sdcard" folder. Afterwards, open the "People" app, go to the "People" tab, tap "Menu" > "Manage contacts" > "Import / Export contacts" > "Import from phone storage" / "from SD card" > select the desired account > select the desired contacts and confirm
Transferring Contacts from an iPhone Using the "My Contacts Backup" Application:
Assuming that you wish to transfer iPhone contacts without using a computer, then you can use the My Contacts Backup application for iOS. To do so:
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store and install "My Contacts Backup"
- Open the application and tap "Backup" in order to backup the current contacts
- After the process is complete, tap "Email" to attach the resulted VCF file to an email
- Send the email containing the VCF file to your own Gmail address
- On your One Max, open the email and download the VCF file to import the contacts
Transferring Contacts from an iPhone Using the "Bump" Application:
Bump is another application that allows you to easily transfer contacts from an iPhone to the One Max. NOTE: Bump uses cloud computing for performing transfers, so you'll need an active Internet connection on both smartphones
- Install Bump on both the iPhone and the One Max, by visiting the App Store and Play Store respectively
- Open Bump on both smartphones and allow permissions if prompted
- On the iPhone, go to the "Contacts" section and select the ones that you wish to share
- When the label "Bump now!" appears in the top-right corner, you can gently bump your smartphones together
- Tap "Connect" in the pup-up, and allow the devices to communicate
- Your iPhone contacts should now be copied over to the One Max
› See More: Transferr Contacts from an iPhone to the HTC One Max
Phones Discussed Above
|More HTC One topics||HTC Forum||Reviews|
- HTC One
- HTC One
- Samsung (Verizon)
- Samsung Galaxy