Enabling / Disabling Automatic Screen Rotation:
- Open the notification panel
- Tap the "Settings" icon
- Tap "Display, gestures & buttons"
- Mark or clear the "Auto rotate screen" check box
Adjusting the Time Before the Screen Turns Off:
- Open the notifications panel and tap the "Settings" icon
- Tap "Display & buttons" and then select "Sleep"
- Tap the desired period of time after which the screen turns off
Adjusting the Screen Brightness Manually:
- Open the notifications panel and tap the "Settings" button
- Select "Display, gestures & buttons"
- Tap "Brightness"
- Clear the "Automatic brightness" check box
- Drag the brightness slider to the desired level, and then confirm the changes
Changing the Display Language:
- In the notifications panel, tap "Settings"
- Select "Language & keyboard", then tap "System language"
- Select the language that you wish to use
Installing a Digital Certificate:
- Save the certificate file to the root folder of your handset's storage card
- Access the "Settings" menu and tap "Security"
- Press "Install from storage"
- In case there are multiple certificates in the root folder, select the one that you wish to install
- Type in the name for the certificate and tap "OK"
Protecting the SIM Card with a PIN:
- Open the "Settings" menu and tap "Security"
- Tap "Set up SIM card lock" and then select "Lock SIM card"
- Type in the default SIM card PIN and then press "OK"
- To change the SIM card PIN, tap "Change SIM PIN"
Protecting Your Device with a Screen Lock:
- Open the notifications panel and tap "Security"
- Tap "Screen lock" and then select the desired screen lock option
- Tap "Lock phone after" and then specify the amount of idle time after which you wish your device to automatically lock
› See More: HTC Desire 500: Useful Tips for Everyday Use
Phones Discussed Above
|More HTC Desire topics||HTC Forum||Reviews|