Call Using the Phone Keypad
The most ―traditional‖ way to place a call is by using the phone‘s keypad.
1. Enter a phone number from standby mode. (If you make a mistake while dialing, press Back to erase the numbers.)
2. Press Talk or the speaker button.
3. Press End when you are finished.
Call Using Your Voice
You can make a phone call using Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR).
1. Press and hold Talk or the speaker button to activate ASR.
2. Follow the voice prompts. Say ―Call‖ and the name of an entry saved in your Contacts or a phone number. See Make a Voice Call Using ASR.
See Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) for more information on ASR.
Call From History
Place a call to the numbers in your History.
1. Press OK/Menu > History – or – Press Talk or the call list button in standby mode.
2. Highlight an entry and press Talk.
Tip: To redial your last outgoing call, press Talk twice. Note: You cannot make calls from History to entries identified as No Caller ID, Private (Restricted ID), or Unavailable ID.
Call From Contacts
Place a call to the numbers stored in your Contacts.
1. From standby mode, press CONTACTS (right soft key).
2. Highlight the entry you want to call.
3. Press Talk to dial the entry‘s default phone number – or to dial another number from the same entry, press OK/Menu to select the entry, highlight a number, and then press Talk.
Call Using the Plus (+) Code
When placing international calls, use Plus Code Dialing to automatically enter the international access code for your location (for example, 011 for international calls made from the U.S.).
1. Press and hold the “0+” button to display “+” on your phone screen.
2. Enter the country code and phone number, and then press Talk. (The phone automatically uses the access code for international dialing, followed by the country code and phone number.)
Call Using a Speed Dial Number
You can store up to 98 numbers in your phone‘s speed dial memory to make contacting friends and family easier. You must have already assigned a speed dial number to an existing phone number.
To use speed dial for locations 2-9
From standby mode, press and hold the appropriate key for approximately two seconds.
To use speed dial for locations 10-99
From standby mode, enter a two-digit speed dial number, and then press Talk . The display confirms that the number has been dialed when it shows ― Connecting...
› See More: Ways to Make Calls on the Kyocera DuraPlus