To Turn Bluetooth ON/OFF
1. From the home screen, touch and drag the notification bar down.
2. Now you should scroll to the Bluetooth icon and turn it ON or OFF as desired.
3. When Bluetooth is enabled, the icon will turn blue.
To Set Your Phone in Discoverable Mode
1. From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
2. Tap All Settings.
3. Tap the Networks tab.
4. Select Bluetooth and make sure the switch is turned to ON.
5. Tap Make phone visible. Your phone is set by default to be visible for 2 minutes.
6. To change the visibility length, press the Menu key.
7. Select Visibility timeout.
8. You can choose 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 1 hour or never time out.
9. Make the desired setting.
Note: the supported profiles are HFP/HSP, PBAP, A2DP, OPP, AVRCP and FTP.
To Pair with a Bluetooth Device
1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Select Bluetooth.
4. Turn the Bluetooth switch to ON.
5. Ensure the Bluetooth device is turned on and set up in discoverable mode. You LG Optimus G will automatically start searching for Bluetooth enabled devices. When your smartphone completes the search, tap on the device you want to connect with. If the desired device is not found, tap “Search for devices” to perform a new search.
6. At this point, a Bluetooth pairing request may appear, check that the passkey for both handsets is the same and touch Pair.
Note: Usually, the default passkey for the majority of the Bluetooth devices is either 0000 or 1234. Keep in mind that certain devices may have different requirements, so check with the device manual to see what they are.
7. Pay attention to any prompt message on both devices and enter the PIN if required and then touch Pair.
8. You smartphone should now be paired.
To Transfer Data from Your LG Optimus G via Bluetooth
• To send pictures: open the Gallery app -> select the picture that you want to share -> tap the Share icon -> select Bluetooth -> make sure Bluetooth is turned ON -> select the device you want to share the picture with.
• To send contacts: from the Home screen, tap Phone -> tap Contacts -> select the contact that you want to share -> press the Menu key -> tap Share -> tap Bluetooth and make sure the setting is turned ON -> tap Search for devices -> select the desired device from the list.
• To send multiple contacts: from the Home screen, tap Phone -> tap Contacts -> in order to choose more than one contact, press the Menu key -> tap Share -> select all the contacts that you want to share or tap Select all located at the top left side of the screen -> then tap Attach -> select Bluetooth and make sure the setting is turned ON -> tap Search for devices -> select the device you want to share the contacts with.
To Transfer Files via USB Cable (Windows)
1. Connect the USB cable to your phone and computer.
2. On your computer, click Start Menu -> Computer.
Note: If you have Windows XP, an AutoPlay window may appear. If that is the case, click Open device to view files and click OK.
3. Double-clickSPH-L710 located under Portable devices.
4. You will then see a new window that shows what is stored on your LG Optimus G.
5. Drag and drop the files from and to the computer to complete the transfer.
6. If you want to set certain files as ringtones or notifications, drag the files into the appropriate folders. Create new folders if the desired folders are not displayed.
7. When you are done with the transfer, disconnect the USB cable.
› See More: Connect and Transfer with LG Optimus G
Phones Discussed Above
|More LG Optimus G topics||LG Forum||Reviews|
|More LG Optimus Black topics||LG Forum||Reviews|
|More LG Optimus T topics||LG Forum||Reviews|
- Motorola Droid Razr
- European Service Providers