To Turn Wi-Fi on
1. From the Home screen, open the Notifications panel and tap the Wi-Fi icon to turn it on. The icon should turn blue to indicate that the Wi-Fi is on.
2. Another way to turn Wi-Fi on is by tapping the Menu key from the Home screen.
3. Tap All settings.
4. Under the Networks tab, drag the Wi-Fi slider to ON.
To Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
1. From any Home screen, press the Menu key -> tap All Settings -> tap Networks -> switch the network tab to on and being scanning for available Wi-Fi networks.
2. You will now see a list of available nearby Wi-Fi networks. The secured networks have a lock icon.
3. Tap the desired network to connect. If that network is open, you will be asked to confirm you want to connect to it, tap Connect to do it. If the network is secured, you will be asked to enter a password.
Tip: Remember to always turn Wi-Fi off when youíre not using the setting, to improve your battery life.
To Turn NFC On
Near Field Communication (NFC) is a wireless technology that allows data transmission between two phones when they are close to each other. When you have NFC enabled, your LG Optimus G can exchange data with other NFC-devices or even read information from smart tags that you find in stickers or posters.
1. From any Home screen, press the Menu Key.
2. Tap All Settings.
3. Tap the Network tab.
4. Tap Connectivity and switch the NFC button to ON.
To Turn Mobile Hotspot ON
You can even use your LG Optimus G to provide a mobile broadband connection for a maximum of 8 different phones.
1. From any Home screen, press the Menu key.
2. Tap All settings.
3. Tap the Networks tab.
4. Select Connectivity -> Portable Wi-Wi hotspot.
5. Tap Portable Wi-Fi hotspot again to activate this feature.
6. If the feature is active, you should see a blue checkmark.
7. You should also tap to Configure Wi-Fi hotspot if you want to change the password, SSID, security type or other hotspot options. It would be best to set up a password, as if you donít have one, others will be able to use your Mobile Hotspot connection.
› See More: Wi-Fi, NFC and Mobile Hotspot Settings for You LG Optimus G
Phones Discussed Above
|More LG Optimus G topics||LG Forum||Reviews|
|More LG Optimus Black topics||LG Forum||Reviews|
- Motorola Droid
- Samsung Galaxy
- Motorola Droid Razr