Formatting the SD Card:
WARNING: Formatting the SD card will delete all the data stored on it. If possible or necessary, create a backup before proceeding:
- While viewing the home screen, press the "Menu" button
- Select "System settings"
- Scroll down and tap "Storage" under "Device"
- Tap "Erase SD card"
- Press "Erase SD card" again. If prompted, enter your password or pattern lock
- Tap "Erase everything" to confirm
Removing the SD Card:
While Inserting the SD card is mainly a hardware operation, removing an SD card requires you to perform a few steps in the device's settings menu. To safely remove an SD card:
- From a home screen, press the "Menu" button
- Tap "System settings"
- Tap "Storage" under "Device"
- Press "Unmount SD card" and then tap "OK"
- Turn off your phone, then remove the back cover and gently slide the memory card upward
Opening or Deleting Files on the SD Card Using Your Computer:
- Connect your handset to your PC using the USB cable
- When prompted, tap "Media sync (MTP)" on your handset
- On your PC, click "Open device to view files using Windows Explorer" once the "AutoPlay" window appears
- Double click the "SD card"
- Navigate to the folder containing the desired files. Note: To delete the files, press "CTRL + D" and click "Yes"
- Once finished, safely disconnect the phone from your computer
Opening or Deleting Files Using the Device:
- While viewing any of the home screens, tap "Apps"
- Select "File Manager"
- Tap the "Local" tab
- Select "external_SD"
- Navigate to and open the desired file
- To delete the file, tap "Delete" and then press "Yes" to confirm
Transferring Files Between Internal Storage and SD Card:
- While on the home screen, tap "Apps"
- Press "File Manager"
- Go to the "Local" tab
- Tap "external_SD"
- Navigate to the files / folders that you wish to transfer
- Press the "Menu" button on your device, then tap "Copy"
- Mark the check boxes associated with the files that you wish to copy
- Tap "Copy"
- Tap "external_SD" to access the device's external memory card
- Navigate to the location that you wish to copy the files to, and then tap "Paste"
Viewing the Amount of Free SD Card Space:
- On the home screen, press the "Menu" button on your device
- Tap "System settings"
- Under "Device", tap "Storage"
- Scroll down to "SD Card" and view the "Available" amount
Setting the SD Card as the Default Storage Location for the Camera:
- From the home screen, tap "Apps"
- Press "Camera"
- Tap "Settings"
- Tap the "Settings" menu and slide up, then tap "Storage"
- Select "SD card" to set the default storage location
Setting the SD Card as the Default Storage Location for the Browser:
- On the home screen, tap "Apps"
- Go to "Browser"
- Press the "Menu" button and select "Settings"
- Tap "Advanced" > "Storage", and select "SD card"
› See More: LG Optimus F3: Manage the SD Card – Formatting, Removing, Transferring Files
Phones Discussed Above
|More LG Optimus F3 topics||LG Forum||Reviews|
- General Cell Phone Forum
- Sony Ericsson