On Cell Phone Forums - help with your mobile device
answer this question

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paulcman
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    AitD
    AitD is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    2
    A 3.6V 600mAH Ni-MH battery for Motorola T191 has swelled up a litttle after having been discharged for a few weeks.
    How dangerous is it to continue using such a battery? and could the fact that it's been discharged for some time cause the swelling?


    See More: A swollen battery.



  2. #2
    paulcman
    paulcman is offline
    Phone Expert
    paulcman's Avatar

    Location
    Where the weak are killed and eaten
    Posts
    1,788 - liked 50 times

    Re: A swollen battery.

    Swelling of the battery is caused by damage to the individual cells within the battery. Generally, the damage is caused by overcharging and can not be reversed. The good news is that the damaged battery will not cause any damage to your phone, but you will not get much life out of a full charge ever again.
    tavenger5 likes this.
    LG VX9900 (enV)
    BlackBerry 8130 Pearl



  3. #3
    AitD
    AitD is offline
    Newbie

    Posts
    2

    Re: A swollen battery.

    Thank you. I figure out that it isn't going to explode and damage the user of the phone. It's very good news to know



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.

    Tags for this Thread