- 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM #1
This guide will provide you with the information necessary to transfer files, such as music, video or photos from or to your Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE.
1. Ensure your phone is turned on and unlocked.
2. Connect the USB cable into the phone and then into your computer (Windows).
3. The first time when you plug the device to your computer, the PC will ask you to install some drivers, click OK to continue.
Note: In some situations, the phone may not be recognized and you will need to update your drivers.
4. After the drivers were installed, go to Notifications from your phone. To do this, simply touch and drag the notification bar at the top of the screen.
5. Now you have to tap the USB connection notification and then touch and select Media device (MTP).
6. You should now be able to transfer files to or from your computer to your phone.
To change the type of USB connection to Mass Storage you need to:
1. Tap Apps.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Tap Storage.
4. Now tap Menu –> USB computer connection.
5. Your phone and microSD card will appear as two separate removable disks on your PC.
6. Now you only need to drag and drop the desired files between your computer and the phone or microSD card. You can even transfer movies, as Mass Storage enables you to rapidly transfer massive amounts of data from and to your phone.
If you are not able to access the internal storage using Windows, you should:
Install the latest version of Windows Media Player, as it will install additional USB drivers needed for connecting the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE to your computer.
After installing the Windows Media Player, you should:
1. Remove the USB cable from the phone.
2. Restart the computer and allow a few minutes for it to power up properly.
3. Power your Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE off and on again.
4. Connect the phone to the USB cable.
5. After your phone is connected to the computer, the system should recognize it and you should see that your phone is connected on the task bar.
6. Wait a few minutes for the computer to recognize your phone.
7. You should then be able to transfer files from and to the phone.
› See More: Transfer Files to/from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE
Phones Discussed Above
|More Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE topics||Motorola Forum||Reviews|
|More Motorola Photon 4G topics||Motorola Forum||Reviews|