- 09-13-2004, 12:04 AM #1Junior Member
Sorry if this is a repost seeing as I'm a dumb newb but I did this easy mod to my phone and a couple others and it looks awsome!
1) using the pick/screwdriver, gently pry the metal center out of the disco light.pry at the top of the grill, because ther eis a metal tab on the bottom that we dont want to bend or distort. its only sticky taped in (like the outer panel on a i95) there will be a piece of cloth with sticky tape on it either stuck on the grill or on the disco light, peel this off gently (again, heat helps). put it where it will be safe, cause we need this later.
2) you now should see a silver film on the inner area of the disco light. this its the actual mod, so pay attention. you need to take the small screw driver or pick or whatever you have handy (the first time i did this i used a metal mechanical pencil) and scrape all that silver film off. its on there pretty good, and it doesnt come off like a sticker, its like paint, and it needs to just be scrapped off. it only takes a few min to get it all off. MAKE SURE YOU GET IT ALL OFF!!! THIS IS KEY!!!
3) now that you have scraped off all the silver liner, blow or wipe all the scratchings off so its a good clean surface. remeber that black cloth piece with the sticky tape on it? grab it, and carefully peel one piece of the sticky tape off of it. (do NOT put the black piece back on, just use the sticky from it) as i have found, one piece is usually always intact, and one piece isnt, so just use the better of the two. its kinda tricky to get it off, but it will come, just go easy with it. when you get it, replace it on the disco light where you just finished scraping. make sutre that you dont cover the 3 rectangular holes at the bottom, those are your mic vents, if you cover them, you wont be heard when you talk.
4) last step!! replace the metal grille. you may need to slightly curve the grille a little in order for it to make good solid contact to the sticky tape. once you put it on, apply heavy even pressure to get it stuck on really well. give it a quick check by picking at it with your fingernail...if it seems loose, you need to curve it just a bit more, or you may need to remove the sticky tape and use a dab of rubber cement insted. THATS IT!!!!! PLAY A MIDI AND WATCH THAT THING SHINE!!!!!!!
› See More: Disco Light ModPay your bills or I just may be coming to repo your car!
- 09-17-2004, 09:22 AM #2Newbie
- Glen Burnie, MD
Pretty cool! Thanks for the tip.Joe Dyer
Advanced Wireless Communications
Glen Burnie, MD