- 11-01-2012, 04:16 AM #1
Change the Home Screen Mode
Your Home screen comes with a basic and an easy mode. The latter will enable you to easily access your contacts, apps or settings by creating and adding shortcuts to the home screen.
If you want to enable the Easy mode, you need to:
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Home screen mode.
- Tap Basic mode -> Easy mode.
- Tap Apply.
To Customize the Home Screen
You have five home screen panels available that you can customize.
- From the Home screen, swipe left or right to the home screen that you want to customize.
- You will notice that the Favorites Tray is always available on any home screen. You can remove an icon from the favorites tray by tapping and holding it and then dragging the icon to Remove located at the top right side of the screen - > when the icon turns red you can release it.
Note: The only icon that you cannot remove is the Apps icon.
To add a different app to the Favorites tray:
- Tap Apps.
- Tap and hold the app that you want to add.
- Then drag it any empty position on the home screen.
- To re-position it, tap and hold the app and drag it to the Favorites tray if you want to put it there.
To create a new folder:
- Tap and hold an empty space on the desired home screen.
- Then select Folder.
- Enter a name for the folder.
- Tap OK.
- The folder will be added to the home screen.
- To add apps to the folder you only need to tap and drag the desired app to the folder.
- To remove an app from the folder, tap and drag the desired app outside the folder and onto the home screen.
Note:The widgets as well as certain applications cannot be moved to a folder.
Note 2: Dragging a folder or an app to the Remove icon will only delete the app or folder from the Home screen.
To Change the Wallpaper
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Select Set Wallpaper.
- Select the desired wallpaper option – Home Screen, Lock screen or Home and lock screen.
- Choose the wallpaper location that you want to use – Gallery, Wallpapers, Live wallpapers.
- Scroll to the wallpaper that you want to use and tap Set wallpaper.
- The Wallpaper should then be changed.
- From the Home screen, go to Apps.
- Tap Widgets.
- You can scroll to the left or right to see the widgets available. Choose the one that you want to use and then tap and hold it to add it to the Home screen.
To move a widget – tap and hold the widget until it expands and then drag it to the desired location and release the finger.
To remove a widget – tap and hold the widget until it expands and then drag it to the Remove icon located at the top right side. Release the widget when the Remove icon turns red.
› See More: Tips & Tricks for the Samsung Galaxy Note II
Last edited by tavenger5; 05-15-2013 at 12:35 PM.