dotcom173

hey, i got this phone about a month ago on ebay and its a very very nice phone. one thing that kinda makes me mad is that i cant seem to find an option to turn off the shutter sound when taking pictures...and possibly video (i dont know, is there a sound when recording video?). anyways, is there some way i havent figured out in the phone options somewhere, or do u like push a number on the keypad to toggle it when already in camera mode (like pushing 1 switches from photo to video quickly and stuff). thanks

See More: Turning off camera shutter sound on T809

Robb4248
    Phone Expert

Cell Phone
    Motorola RAZR-V3r Fire Red
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless

Re: Turning off camera shutter sound on T809

US law requires a shutter sound. You could not buy/produce a phone that doesn't have a shutter soundx

dotcom173

my razr and my s710 both had options to turn off sound

tuffbuddy

hey, i got this phone about a month ago on ebay and its a very very nice phone. one thing that kinda makes me mad is that i cant seem to find an option to turn off the shutter sound when taking pictures

Yes... It's true the law requires this.. and I have tried to no avail to do the same.. I do not know of any phone that has this feature...

dotcom173

are u serious, then why are there real cameras that make no sound?

also, my dad just got that razr-like A900 by samsung and u can turn off the sound by putting the phone on silent, but when i put my t809 on silent the sound is still there. thats 3 phones right there, including my two previous, that had the option. that sucks....cant take pictures during class now.

pcmoseley

This is an awesome phone!