In order to transfer files from your Samsung Illusion to a computer or vice versa, you will need a computer, a USB cable and your phone. Begin the process by:
- Configure USB Settings – When on the 'Home' screen, press the Menu key. From here, select 'Settings > USB Settings > USB Mode > Mass Storage Mode'. This will allow the computer to access your Samsung Illusion as a hard drive.
- Connect Phone To Computer – Connect the USB cable at one end to your phone and the other end to the computer. Your computer will indicate the device once it has recognized it. The phone will display a USB icon once connected and recognized properly.
- Enable Copying Of Files – The Mass Storage screen should have appeared on your Samsung Illusion. Select 'Connect Storage to PC': this will enable you to copy/move files between your phone and the computer.
- Select the proper transfer type when prompted by the computer.
- You are now able to transfer files. End the connection by disconnecting the USB cable or ejecting the device from the computer taskbar.
In order to tether (allowing another device to use your internet connection) a device to the Samsung Illusion, follow these steps:
- When on the 'Home' screen, press the Menu key. From here, select 'Settings > USB Settings > USB Mode > Internet Connection Mode'.
- Now you can access the internet on the secondary device via the Samsung Illusion's connection.
› See More: Samsung Illusion: Tether and Transfer Files
Last edited by tavenger5; 12-18-2011 at 11:04 AM.
- 12-22-2011, 10:58 PM #2Phone Expert
- 1,088 - liked 9 times
Re: Samsung Illusion: Tether and Transfer Files
You can choose to transfer files between PC and Samsung Illusion via USB cable. Here are step by step guides for you:
Step 1. Configure the USB Settings
From the Home screen, press the Menu Key, then touch Settings ➔ USB Settings ➔USB mode ➔ Mass storage mode.
Step 2. Attach your phone to the computer with a USB cable. Your Samsung Illusion phone will recognize the USB connection and displays the USB icon and the USB mass storage screen.
Step 3. On the USB mass storage screen, touch Connect storage to PC to enable copying of files between your computer and
the memory card.
Step 4. At the prompt on the computer, select a transfer method.
Step 5. Transfer files to the memory card. When finished, you can disconnect the USB cable.
For your information, the Samsung Illusion supports two USB connection mode: one is the Mass storage mode,which is used for transferring files. Another is Internet connection mode, which enable other device to use your Samsung Illusion connection. if you want to use your phone as modem, or tethering. go settings-usb settings- usb mode, internet connection mode.
Phones Discussed Above
|More Samsung Illusion Black topics||Samsung Forum||Reviews|
|More LG Versa VX9600 topics||LG Forum||Reviews|
- Samsung Galaxy
- Graphics & Wallpaper