zachman2805

I've seen the housing kit's on Ebay to Convert my T616 to a T630. I want to be absolutely certain that I will be able to fully use the flash capability and whether or not the procedure is worthwhile. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See More: Has Anyone Successfully Converted a T610 to a T630?

jsmith

is that even possible?

whats the difference between the two phones anyway?

zachman2805

It's quite possible apparently. The two major differences between the phones i that the t630 first of all has a flash built into the housing. I mean of course you can just buy an external flash for the t610 but i find this more convienent. The Second Major difference is that the t630 has a 65k color TFT display vs. the T610's 65k color STN display. The difference in the quality of STN to TFT is like night and day

Now I've found the housing for the t630 selling on ebay for around 50 bucks, and I'm looking to buy that shortly. But I need to find where people are purchasing these TFT displays.

Also, in those housings on Ebay, the new camera is also in the hosuing, I haven't yet seen anything to say the camera is any better in the t630, so i really can't say regarding that.

jsmith

oh right, i thought you could convert it into a t630 with a simple software upgrade. i didn't realise so much was involved

zachman2805

Actually, there is a flash upgrade as well. I found it on http://www.cellular-support.com . I think it requires Div 8.4 or newer, get your avr and arm files there and do that part yourself.

jsmith

yeh i saw the link but i dont have the cable. never mind

• Phones Discussed Above

Sony Ericsson T630 More Sony Ericsson T630 topics Sony Ericsson Forum Reviews
    Sony Ericsson T610 More Sony Ericsson T610 topics Sony Ericsson Forum Reviews