- 05-09-2012, 06:15 PM #1Newbie
Hello -- my first post here (and the reason I joined this forum just now).
My 15 year old niece is coming here from abroad and will stay with me for approx. one year. I am researching providers and plans to find the most cost effective plan for her. Here are some factors:
- I myself have been with T-Mobile for 12+ years and am currently on the 1000 minute plan and the grandfathered $30 unlimited 4G plan (no data caps or speed limits). I don't want to give up the latter when converting to a family plan.
- She currently uses an unlocked iPhone 3GS in Germany
- I also have an unused T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G lying around that I could give her
- I don't want her to be locked into a 24 months contract -- 12 months would be fine
- I think she needs more than 100 minutes talking time, so the $30 monthly4G plan is off the table
What suggestions do you have for me? T-Mobile would be my preference, but I am open to other suggestions, too.
› See More: Need plan suggestion for 15 year old niece
Last edited by cannondale0815; 05-09-2012 at 06:21 PM.
- 05-10-2012, 10:10 AM #2
- 222 - liked 1 times
Re: Need plan suggestion for 15 year old niece
If you don't want to bother adding another line to your account, and if the $30/month 5 GB 4G plan with 100 minutes won't work, Straight Talk might work. It would cost $45 per month, and will include unlimited talk, text, and data. You can use the Samsung Galaxy S without a problem.