The following are the apn settings you should use with your unlocked Android phone. When set properly you should be able to use the phones data connection.
- If you have a battery saver app, check its settings. Some battery saver apps disable the APNs or data connection when the battery level gets low. You need to adjust these settings or uninstall the app to keep the data connection working
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Wireless & networks.
Note: This varies on different software versions.
- Android 1.6: Wireless Controls.
- Garminfone: Wireless Manager.
- Behold II: Phone Information.
- Android 4.x: Wireless and Networks
- Verify that the Airplane Mode or Flight Mode check box is cleared.
- If you see a Mobile Network check box, verify it is selected.
- Touch Mobile Networks.
- If you see the following check boxes, verify they are selected:
- Data Enabled
- Use Packet Data
- Data Roaming This will incur charges if you roam internationally, but it is required to receive data when roaming domestically.
- Touch Access Point Names or APNs.
- Press the Menu key, and touch New APN.
- Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
- Name: T-Mobile
- APN: epc.T-Mobile.com
- Proxy: <Not set>
- Port: <Not set>
- Username: <Not set>
- Password: <Not set>
- Server: <Not set>
- MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
- MMS proxy: <Not set>
- MMS port: <Not set>
- MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
- MCC: 310
- MNC: 260
- Authentication type: <Not set>
- APN type: <Not Set> OR Internet+MMS (depending on software version)
- Press the Menu key.
- Touch Save.
- In the list of APNs, delete all others that may appear. If there is a FOTA APN, you may leave that one. To do this:
- Touch the APN you want to delete.
- Press the Menu key.
- Touch Delete APN.
- Verify that there is a circle next to the one remaining APN to show it is activated.
- Perform a soft reset.
- Test your data connection, by accessing a web page or sending a picture message (MMS) to yourself.
via APN settings for data and picture messaging (MMS): Android Support | T-Mobile
› See More: T-Mobile APN (internet) settings for unlocked Android phones
Last edited by tavenger5; 04-05-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Phones Discussed Above
|More Garmin-Asus Garminfone topics||HTC Forum||Reviews|