On Cell Phone Forums - help with your mobile device
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    childish.chris@googlemail.com
    Guest
    This means you have to go into the SETTINGS menu every time. If you
    simply put 141 before the number, it the caller ID is still sent!!!!



    See More: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone



  2. #2
    alexd
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:38:55 -0700, childish.chris wrote:

    > This means you have to go into the SETTINGS menu every time. If you
    > simply put 141 before the number, it the caller ID is still sent!!!!


    Are you sure this is a 'fault' with the handset and not the network?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm@ale.cx)
    19:42:46 up 29 days, 3:35, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.09, 0.03
    Convergence, n: The act of using separate DSL circuits for voice and data



  3. #3
    SteveH
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    alexd <troffasky@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:38:55 -0700, childish.chris wrote:
    >
    > > This means you have to go into the SETTINGS menu every time. If you
    > > simply put 141 before the number, it the caller ID is still sent!!!!

    >
    > Are you sure this is a 'fault' with the handset and not the network?


    Please do not feed the troll.
    --
    SteveH 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
    www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
    Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
    BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #



  4. #4
    SteveH
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    <childish.chris@googlemail.com> wrote:

    > On Mar 24, 8:02 pm, st...@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) wrote:
    > > alexd <troffa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > > > On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:38:55 -0700, childish.chris wrote:

    > >
    > > > > This means you have to go into the SETTINGS menu every time. If you
    > > > > simply put 141 before the number, it the caller ID is still sent!!!!

    > >
    > > > Are you sure this is a 'fault' with the handset and not the network?

    > >
    > > Please do not feed the troll.

    >
    > I am not a troll, you nincompoop. That was a perfectly valid
    > question. I'm sorry if it's too trivial for you. Why don't you go and
    > drive your Alfa around town or something? Why must you attack new
    > people?


    You're not new.

    You're Chris Holland.

    Closet homosexual and poster of offensive homophobic posts.

    HTH, HAND.

    --
    SteveH 'You're not a real petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa Romeo'
    www.italiancar.co.uk - Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark
    Alfa 156 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI SE - COSOC KOTL
    BOTAFOT #87 - BOTAFOF #18 - MRO # - UKRMSBC #7 - Apostle #2 - YTC #



  5. #5
    Brian Gregory [UK]
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    <childish.chris@googlemail.com> wrote in message
    news:1e8bf5b6-78bb-46b3-9e3b-7e39ec636ca9@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
    > This means you have to go into the SETTINGS menu every time. If you
    > simply put 141 before the number, it the caller ID is still sent!!!!


    Try #31#. That's the normal way to do it on mobile phones.
    e.g. dial: #31#01234567890

    --

    Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
    ng@bgdsv.co.uk
    To email me remove the letter vee.





  6. #6
    childish.chris@googlemail.com
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    On Mar 24, 11:54 pm, "Brian Gregory [UK]" <n...@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote:
    > <childish.ch...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:1e8bf5b6-78bb-46b3-9e3b-7e39ec636ca9@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > > This means you have to go into the SETTINGS menu every time. If you
    > > simply put 141 before the number, it the caller ID is still sent!!!!

    >
    > Try #31#. That's the normal way to do it on mobile phones.
    > e.g. dial: #31#01234567890
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
    > n...@bgdsv.co.uk
    > To email me remove the letter vee.


    Yes - that works a treat -- thank you.

    It's still a bit fiddly to add. ( I suppose you could create a
    separate entry for certain contacts and just replace the number with
    #31#07775555555 and call it 'other' )

    Perhaps I could write an Applescript to go through the address book
    and to this automatically for each entry. (I just need to learn
    applescript first)



  7. #7
    Brian Gregory [UK]
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    <childish.chris@googlemail.com> wrote in message
    news:b3440efd-619e-4bb6-90e4-60ba62649b1f@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
    > It's still a bit fiddly to add.


    4 keys instead of 3.

    > ( I suppose you could create a
    > separate entry for certain contacts and just replace the number with
    > #31#07775555555 and call it 'other' )


    Unless the iPhone works very differently from other phones that's really the
    only quick way to do it with either 141 or #31#.

    How were you trying to do it with 141?


    >
    > Perhaps I could write an Applescript to go through the address book
    > and to this automatically for each entry. (I just need to learn
    > applescript first)



    --

    Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
    ng@bgdsv.co.uk
    To email me remove the letter vee.





  8. #8
    childish.chris@googlemail.com
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    On Mar 25, 1:37 am, "Brian Gregory [UK]" <n...@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote:
    > <childish.ch...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
    >
    > news:b3440efd-619e-4bb6-90e4-60ba62649b1f@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
    >
    > > It's still a bit fiddly to add.

    >
    > 4 keys instead of 3.
    >
    > > ( I suppose you could create a
    > > separate entry for certain contacts and just replace the number with
    > > #31#07775555555 and call it 'other' )

    >
    > Unless the iPhone works very differently from other phones that's really the
    > only quick way to do it with either 141 or #31#.
    >
    > How were you trying to do it with 141?
    >
    >
    >


    There's no quick way of doing it. I tapped 141 into the keypad (and
    read the number from a piece of paper)

    Nokia phones allow you to 'edit before dial'. This is useful: you can
    just move the cursor to the start of the number and enter either 141
    or #31# and then press the green/dial button.

    Thankfully it is quite rare that I need to withhold my caller ID.



  9. #9
    BGN
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 19:13:16 -0700 (PDT),
    childish.chris@googlemail.com wrote:

    >On Mar 25, 1:37 am, "Brian Gregory [UK]" <n...@bgdsv.co.uk> wrote:
    >> <childish.ch...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> news:b3440efd-619e-4bb6-90e4-60ba62649b1f@q78g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
    >>
    >> > It's still a bit fiddly to add.

    >>
    >> 4 keys instead of 3.
    >>
    >> > ( I suppose you could create a
    >> > separate entry for certain contacts and just replace the number with
    >> > #31#07775555555 and call it 'other' )

    >>
    >> Unless the iPhone works very differently from other phones that's really the
    >> only quick way to do it with either 141 or #31#.
    >>
    >> How were you trying to do it with 141?
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >There's no quick way of doing it. I tapped 141 into the keypad (and
    >read the number from a piece of paper)
    >
    >Nokia phones allow you to 'edit before dial'. This is useful: you can
    >just move the cursor to the start of the number and enter either 141
    >or #31# and then press the green/dial button.
    >
    >Thankfully it is quite rare that I need to withhold my caller ID.


    Why are you trying to with hold your number from people in your
    address book?
    --
    -- Nick ICQ: 9235201 EMAIL & MSN: nickmooney@spamcop.net
    -- Triumph Tiger 955i -- http://www.bgn.me.uk -- Touch -
    -- LOTR#4 SKOGA#8 DS#7 BOTAFOT#159 BOTM#2 FBOTY#06 PM#11



  10. #10
    Shak
    Guest

    Re: Warning: 141 (prefix) does NOT work on the iPhone

    <childish.chris@googlemail.com> wrote in message
    news:990209b4-a025-43f6-a8cb-77e157162e55@p73g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...
    > There's no quick way of doing it. I tapped 141 into the keypad (and
    > read the number from a piece of paper)
    >
    > Nokia phones allow you to 'edit before dial'. This is useful: you can
    > just move the cursor to the start of the number and enter either 141
    > or #31# and then press the green/dial button.
    >


    Sony Ericssons have similar too.

    I vaguely remember an older phone of mine having an option to "dial while
    witholding number" instead of normally dialling. I wonder what happened to
    that?

    Shak





  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast



    Tags for this Thread