- 11-05-2009, 10:31 PM #1Super Moderator
I should have posted this way early but at midnight today (as in the midnight that has already passed) the DROID has became available for online and customer service purchases.
Online, you receive the phone at standard 2-day delivery which means if ordered now, you'll see it on your doorstep Wednesday. If you order through customer service, you can get it with 1-day delivery for an additional $15 which drops it on your doorstep on Tuesday.
New Customers (ONLINE PURCHASE w/ instant rebate): $199.99
Existing customers eligible for $50 renewal (ONLINE w/ instant rebate: $149.99
Retail price (out of contract): $560
Visit: http://vzw.com/droid and click buy now.
The only reason this device is available for purchase now is that there is NO POSSIBLE way for you to get it before tomorrow's launch.
Also, if visiting a Verizon store to buy the phone...wake up bright and early and be there by 3am at least. We already have a line forming at ours. Also please not that in direct dealers will not have this device for many months. Expect this device to sell out and also expect it to be back ordered. Also keep in mind that Verizon stores receive their shipments of device(s) on Tuesdays, every week.
Verizon Wireless now has their fancy feature layout for this device, so I thought i'd post it for you!
Check it out. DROID by Motorola is fast. Like scary fast. You can blaze across the Web with a massive processor and Verizon’s powerful 3G network. You don’t even need to type! With Google Search™ by Voice, you just tell it what you want and DROID searches the Web to find it. You can switch between up to six apps at once! Choose a few (or a few hundred) from Android Market™ and try it yourself. DROID won’t bother you while you’re running those apps. It keeps disruptive alerts at bay in a handy expandable notification panel.
It’s a pint–sized power plant. It’s location–aware. Voice–recognizing. App–mashing and multi–tasking. It can see through walls. And connect you to anyone or anything at break–neck speed. At some point, power and intelligence mean something more than a phone. At some point, you have yourself a DROID by Motorola.
DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.
- 3.7" Touch Screen 480x854 WVGA display — supports up to 16M colors
- Slide–Out QWERTY Keyboard
- Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR Supported Profiles: Headset (HSP), Hands–free (HFP), Stereo Audio, Phonebook Access
- 5 Megapixel camera with auto–focus, dual LED Flash and Image Stabilization
- DVD Quality Video Capture with 1–touch playback and easy uploading to YouTube
- Dedicated Camera/Video Key
- Download MP3s from Amazon Music Store
- Create and manage playlists
- Headset: 3.5mm Audio Jack
- Android 2.0 OS; Google Experience Device
- Integrated Google, Exchange and Facebook contacts
- Push Email Support: Gmail and Exchange
- Google Calendar and Corporate Calendar
- Cortex A8 processor with dedicated HW Acceleration
- Pre–installed 16GB microSD
- WiFi capable
- Bilingual Interface: English/Espanol
- aGPS capable for e911 emergency location/s GPS
- Advanced Speech Recognition
- Polyphonic and MP3 Ringtones
- Embedded ringtones, vibrating alerts and silent
- Phonebook capacity dependent upon optional removable memory
- TTY compatible
- Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3/T3
- Total Equipment Coverage is Available
- Visual Voice Mail capable
- Text, Picture and Video messaging with threaded messaging feature
- Full suite of Google Apps including: Google Search, Google Maps with Navigation beta, transit and Wikipedia information, GTalk with Presence, Gmail, YouTube™, Latitude, and Google Calendar
- 1000s of apps and 100s of widgets available on Android Market
- Android Webkit HTML5 based browser
- Photosharing capable: Picasa
- Google Over the Air updates
- All–Digital, 800/1900, CDMA EVDO Rev A
- OMAP3430 — 550MHz
- Memory — ROM: 512MB, RAM: 256MB
- Dimensions: 4.56" (H) x 2.36" (W) x 0.54" (D)
- Weight: 5.96 ounces
- Usage Time: Up 385 minutes OR
- Standby Time: Up to 270 hours
- SAR: Head: 1.49 W/kg; Body: 1.50 W/Kg
My note: keep in mind that the DROID emits some of the highest amounts of radiation out of ANY phone legal in the United States. If you're afraid of the harmful possible effects, find a different phone or use a headset and never store the phone in your pocket.
Also, Verizon Wireless is being overly generous and is including a 16GB microSD for free with the purchase of this phone. This phone has an optional expandable memory of up to 32GB!
› See More: Droid available for ONLINE PURCHASE now & features info...