reply to discussion
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Kevin Weaver
    Guest
    Better battery life ? Why so ? We all know the org battery was awesome. NOT!
    New type of battery ? And what's newer then Li-ion ?
    Must be the Apple battery. Better then all the rest. Yep, that's it.

    "4phun" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]m...
    >- Lighter weight
    > - Black + other colors
    > - Focus on Multimedia with Video recording
    > - Video Conferencing
    > - GPS
    > - 32GB $699
    > - 22 percent thinner
    > - better battery life
    > - new type battery
    >
    >
    > - 16GB $499
    >
    > There may be a low end $200 iPhone introduced alongside the (normally
    > priced) 3G-capable iPhones.





    See More: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone




  2. #2
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    4phun <[email protected]> wrote in news:c28345bb-ef91-4c7d-baa0-
    [email protected]:

    > - Lighter weight
    > - Black + other colors
    > - Focus on Multimedia with Video recording
    > - Video Conferencing
    > - GPS
    > - 32GB $699
    > - 22 percent thinner
    > - better battery life
    > - new type battery
    >
    >
    > - 16GB $499
    >
    > There may be a low end $200 iPhone introduced alongside the (normally
    > priced) 3G-capable iPhones.
    >


    (GASP!)

    SEVEN......HUNDRED......DOLLARS??!!!!

    To quote George Carlin - "HOLY SH*T!"

    Then I gotta BUY software from some crooks through Apple?!!

    An iPhoney and a few "approved apps" is a THOUSAND DOLLARS...EASY!!

    They must be outa their heads......or smokin' somethin'!!

    Wait a week....it'll be half that and everyone will think its
    WONDERFUL....an old pricing ploy that worked for Detroit Auto
    manufacturers...until recently.

    .....where's my nitro pills! where's my nitro pills!

    (gasp)

    Palm and Research In Motion have nothing to worry about....except to
    crank up production....

    $700!

    For a 3G system that's, mostly, VAPORWARE.




  3. #3
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    4phun <[email protected]> wrote in news:cdedc8de-15f8-47ea-8d17-
    [email protected]:

    > new high end iPhones


    Apple doesn't HAVE any "high end phones". They have an iPod that acts like
    a Sellphone.

    "High End Phones" all run SOFTWARE APPS from LINUX or SYMBIAN or Garnet or
    even WinMo and you don't have to beg on your hands and knees to load
    them....except maybe on Verizon.....

    http://www.symbian-freeware.com/
    http://freeware.mobiletopsoft.com/
    http://wilk13.net/palmtopy/en-index.php
    etc., etc., etc,......




  4. #4
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    4phun <[email protected]> wrote in news:7e17b8cf-63fb-48a6-89fb-
    [email protected]:

    > I just found out there will be a function to watch TV with your iPhone
    > in the new 3G - source Apple employee.
    >
    >


    It will have ATT Mobile TV on it on the new TV system?

    http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/me...e-tv/index.jsp

    .....believe it when you see it.....

    Geez, it may even have FLASH!




  5. #5
    Kevin Weaver
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    15.00 month.

    Al the 1st iPhone buyers will not be able to get it. Edge wont give it
    enough speed.

    "Larry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > 4phun <[email protected]> wrote in news:7e17b8cf-63fb-48a6-89fb-
    > [email protected]:
    >
    >> I just found out there will be a function to watch TV with your iPhone
    >> in the new 3G - source Apple employee.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > It will have ATT Mobile TV on it on the new TV system?
    >
    > http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/me...e-tv/index.jsp
    >
    > ....believe it when you see it.....
    >
    > Geez, it may even have FLASH!
    >





  6. #6
    DTC
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    Kevin Weaver wrote:
    > New type of battery ? And what's newer then Li-ion ?
    > Must be the Apple battery. Better then all the rest. Yep, that's it.


    Haven't you ever made a battery with an apple? Oh wait, its with a
    lemon...kinda like the iPhone, huh?



  7. #7
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    "Kevin Weaver" <[email protected]> wrote in news:Md21k.6065
    [email protected]:

    > Al the 1st iPhone buyers will not be able to get it. Edge wont give it
    > enough speed.
    >
    >


    I have big news....ATT TV isn't data downloaded to a player. It's the new
    700 Mhz digital TV like Verizon has running for the Voyager, on a whole
    other system requiring a whole other receiver.....which I doubt will fit in
    the smaller, EVER-THINNER, iPhones.....

    Nope....it's gonna be another "data player", I suspect, maybe an ORB 2
    copycat app like I'm running to the tablet.

    Anyone can use ORB 2, not just iPhone. Your PC is a server, receiving TV
    off a TV card or serving up video clips to whole movies....converting them
    to something the handheld or laptop can stream like RealVideo or Windows
    Media or Quicktime....and streaming it on-the-fly.

    All the mobile needs is a browser that can play a stream. I use RealMedia
    to the tablet. This is all old hat, now, not some new thing Apple just
    invented special for the Iphone2.

    Being as this is all about SELLphones and CARRIERS, particularly ATT, in
    partial control. One bets this is about CLIPS, like the rest, not about
    streaming Live TV 24/7 and SUCKING UP SCADS OF BANDWIDTH.......NOT.



  8. #8
    Kevin Weaver
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone


    "DTC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Kevin Weaver wrote:
    >> New type of battery ? And what's newer then Li-ion ?
    >> Must be the Apple battery. Better then all the rest. Yep, that's it.

    >
    > Haven't you ever made a battery with an apple? Oh wait, its with a
    > lemon...kinda like the iPhone, huh?


    You got that right. A new type of battery. Steve must be smoking that Jesus
    juice again.

    Anyone that pays 700.00 for a iPhone is wacked.




  9. #9
    News
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone



    4phun wrote:

    > - 32GB $699


    And true to AAPL form, $399 after 90 days -- amid screams and wailing by
    bleeding edge early adopter fashionistas.



  10. #10
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    News wrote:
    >
    >
    > 4phun wrote:
    >
    >> - 32GB $699

    >
    > And true to AAPL form, $399 after 90 days -- amid screams and wailing by
    > bleeding edge early adopter fashionistas.


    Well at least to $499. How is Apple going to deal with that bit of
    history on the iPhone? Almost certainly they will change their pricing
    model back to a more traditional model of carrier subsidies, which will
    both lower the initial outlay and discourage the rampant unlocking of
    the old model.

    A $700 32GB iPhone that sells for a subsidized $500, and includes
    features like a full vehicular GPS system wouldn't be too bad.

    Apple could justify it, as they often do, by adding up the cost of the
    individual pieces:

    MP3: $100
    GPS: $150
    World Phone: $50
    PDA: $200
    ---------
    Total: $500

    These are at the low end of prices for each device. If they compared it
    to high end devices:

    MP3: $200
    GPS: $350
    World Phone: $150
    PDA: $300
    ---------
    Total: $900


    I haven't been an iPhone fan for the first model, it was just too
    de-featured, but if you don't need full PDA functionality, a $500, 32GB
    jailbroken 3G iPhone would be a pretty nice device for non-business travel.



  11. #11
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    News wrote:

    > But since you already have a fully-featured device for business travel,
    > why bother carrying around supplementary iTrash?


    It's rather a hassle to lug around a notebook PC on vacation, when all
    you want is basic web access, and don't have to create presentations,
    write reports, etc. The GPS on the notebook is rather klunky as well.
    Then you still need a phone, and an MP3 player is nice to have while
    traveling.

    What I'd like (based on Phone Scoop searching):

    * Quad Band
    * Bluetooth
    * Calculator
    * Calendar
    * GPS / Location
    * Integrated PDA
    * Memory Card Slot
    * Music Player
    * Packet Data (HSDPA 1.8 or HSDPA 3.6)
    * Speaker Phone
    * Vibrate
    * Voice Dialing
    * Voice Memo
    * WAP / Web Browser
    * Wi-Fi

    At this point in time, the only available phone with these features is
    the HTC Tilt. The new 3G iPhone will probably be pretty close, other
    than the memory card slot. The PDA functions will come eventually.



  12. #12
    News
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone



    SMS wrote:
    > News wrote:
    >
    >> But since you already have a fully-featured device for business
    >> travel, why bother carrying around supplementary iTrash?

    >
    >
    > It's rather a hassle to lug around a notebook PC on vacation, when all
    > you want is basic web access, and don't have to create presentations,
    > write reports, etc. The GPS on the notebook is rather klunky as well.
    > Then you still need a phone, and an MP3 player is nice to have while
    > traveling.
    >
    > What I'd like (based on Phone Scoop searching):
    >
    > * Quad Band
    > * Bluetooth
    > * Calculator
    > * Calendar
    > * GPS / Location
    > * Integrated PDA
    > * Memory Card Slot
    > * Music Player
    > * Packet Data (HSDPA 1.8 or HSDPA 3.6)
    > * Speaker Phone
    > * Vibrate
    > * Voice Dialing
    > * Voice Memo
    > * WAP / Web Browser
    > * Wi-Fi
    >
    > At this point in time, the only available phone with these features is
    > the HTC Tilt. The new 3G iPhone will probably be pretty close, other
    > than the memory card slot. The PDA functions will come eventually.



    HP iPaq PocketPC Phone has had most of that for years.



  13. #13
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone

    News wrote:
    >
    >
    > SMS wrote:
    >> News wrote:
    >>
    >>> But since you already have a fully-featured device for business
    >>> travel, why bother carrying around supplementary iTrash?

    >>
    >>
    >> It's rather a hassle to lug around a notebook PC on vacation, when all
    >> you want is basic web access, and don't have to create presentations,
    >> write reports, etc. The GPS on the notebook is rather klunky as well.
    >> Then you still need a phone, and an MP3 player is nice to have while
    >> traveling.
    >>
    >> What I'd like (based on Phone Scoop searching):
    >>
    >> * Quad Band
    >> * Bluetooth
    >> * Calculator
    >> * Calendar
    >> * GPS / Location
    >> * Integrated PDA
    >> * Memory Card Slot
    >> * Music Player
    >> * Packet Data (HSDPA 1.8 or HSDPA 3.6)
    >> * Speaker Phone
    >> * Vibrate
    >> * Voice Dialing
    >> * Voice Memo
    >> * WAP / Web Browser
    >> * Wi-Fi
    >>
    >> At this point in time, the only available phone with these features is
    >> the HTC Tilt. The new 3G iPhone will probably be pretty close, other
    >> than the memory card slot. The PDA functions will come eventually.

    >
    >
    > HP iPaq PocketPC Phone has had most of that for years.


    Except for 3G.

    With more and more of the municipal wireless networks going dark, it's
    going to be more necessary to have 3G service.



  14. #14
    News
    Guest

    Re: New $700 32GB 3G iPhone



    SMS wrote:
    > News wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>
    >> SMS wrote:
    >>
    >>> News wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> But since you already have a fully-featured device for business
    >>>> travel, why bother carrying around supplementary iTrash?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> It's rather a hassle to lug around a notebook PC on vacation, when
    >>> all you want is basic web access, and don't have to create
    >>> presentations, write reports, etc. The GPS on the notebook is rather
    >>> klunky as well. Then you still need a phone, and an MP3 player is
    >>> nice to have while traveling.
    >>>
    >>> What I'd like (based on Phone Scoop searching):
    >>>
    >>> * Quad Band
    >>> * Bluetooth
    >>> * Calculator
    >>> * Calendar
    >>> * GPS / Location
    >>> * Integrated PDA
    >>> * Memory Card Slot
    >>> * Music Player
    >>> * Packet Data (HSDPA 1.8 or HSDPA 3.6)
    >>> * Speaker Phone
    >>> * Vibrate
    >>> * Voice Dialing
    >>> * Voice Memo
    >>> * WAP / Web Browser
    >>> * Wi-Fi
    >>>
    >>> At this point in time, the only available phone with these features
    >>> is the HTC Tilt. The new 3G iPhone will probably be pretty close,
    >>> other than the memory card slot. The PDA functions will come eventually.

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> HP iPaq PocketPC Phone has had most of that for years.

    >
    >
    > Except for 3G.
    >
    > With more and more of the municipal wireless networks going dark, it's
    > going to be more necessary to have 3G service.



    We see the cablecos splicing and hanging hotspots on their aerial lines.



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.