reply to discussion
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Kevin Weaver
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads


    "Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:301120081809320912%[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Weaver
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> And things you can't do with it. And the list keeps getting bigger.

    >
    > You are like a broken record. It is hard to take you seriously. Every
    > day the list of things you can do with the iPhone gets longer.
    >
    > --
    > Charles


    And the reason it get's bigger is they did not add it to it in the first
    place.

    If they did at the start, that list would have been very small.

    Copy and paste is one. After a year and a half where is it ? It must be on
    that long list huh.





    See More: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads




  2. #17
    Charles
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Weaver
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Copy and paste is one. After a year and a half where is it ? It must be on
    > that long list huh.


    Copy and paste would be nice to have but it is not a necessity.

    --
    Charles



  3. #18
    Kevin Weaver
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads


    "Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:301120081829443646%[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Weaver
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Copy and paste is one. After a year and a half where is it ? It must be
    >> on
    >> that long list huh.

    >
    > Copy and paste would be nice to have but it is not a necessity.
    >
    > --
    > Charles


    For you maybe. The Copy and paste is mostly a time saver. 99% of the iPhone
    apps are not a necessity.




  4. #19
    Charles
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Weaver
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > For you maybe. The Copy and paste is mostly a time saver. 99% of the iPhone
    > apps are not a necessity.


    If copy and paste is a necessity to someone they would not buy an
    iPhone.

    Are you stupid or are you a troll? Or both?

    --
    Charles



  5. #20
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    Adrian C <[email protected]> wrote in news:6pg8p3F7ss09U1
    @mid.individual.net:

    > What's in the Adobe Flash container is the question, it it H264 or is it
    > not?
    >
    > --
    > Adrian C
    >
    >


    Whatever word game you like.....

    Will it play the FLASH movies and TV for an hour from hulu.com?
    If Flash is H264, and iPhone plays H264, hulu will play indefinately.
    If it's not, it won't play.

    Flash is also the only thing on http://speedtest.knology.net/
    That doesn't play on iPhone or Storm...so it doesn't play Flash. Flash is
    far more than H264, even if it is H264-based, making your assertion moot.

    Who cares what you call it if it DOESN'T PLAY?




  6. #21
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    4phun <[email protected]> wrote in news:7585f3ba-0e35-4eac-88c0-
    [email protected]:

    > Lawrence any iPhone user can download an application for the iPhone
    > that allows thousands of Internet radio Stations to be streamed to the
    > iPhone in real time. I have inadvertently sold iPhones to friends and
    > neighbors who though they were aware of the various features of the
    > iPhone were overwhelmed with joy when they found they could listen to
    > home town news from other foreign towns and villages with a simple tap
    > of the finger.
    >
    > The iPhone markets itself as more and more people share with others
    > some of the neat things you can do with it.
    >
    >


    The childish name calling like the drunks on 75 meters isn't really
    necessary. I've never been a "Lawrence", having been named after my
    father's best friend who died in his arms against the German Afrika Corp
    in World War II. How old are you, 12?

    Your sidestep above is about a CRACKED iPhone, not one delivered by ATT
    to the other 95% of users who cannot play anything over ATT EDGE or
    otherwise. Your cracked iPhone isn't the one being sold. Iphone
    doesn't stream the noted, most popular, codecs, for the reasons in the
    WiMax white paper I've posted today on another thread....




  7. #22
    Kevin Weaver
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads


    "Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:301120081950445217%[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Weaver
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> For you maybe. The Copy and paste is mostly a time saver. 99% of the
    >> iPhone
    >> apps are not a necessity.

    >
    > If copy and paste is a necessity to someone they would not buy an
    > iPhone.
    >
    > Are you stupid or are you a troll? Or both?
    >
    > --
    > Charles


    Truth hurts so you try to make it sound like I'm stupid huh ? Poor sport.
    Thanks for playing.




  8. #23
    Charles
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Weaver
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Truth hurts so you try to make it sound like I'm stupid huh ? Poor sport.
    > Thanks for playing.


    You don't care about truth. You are a troll.

    <PLONK>

    --
    Charles



  9. #24
    nospam
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    In article <[email protected]>, Larry
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Lawrence any iPhone user can download an application for the iPhone
    > > that allows thousands of Internet radio Stations to be streamed to the
    > > iPhone in real time. I have inadvertently sold iPhones to friends and
    > > neighbors who though they were aware of the various features of the
    > > iPhone were overwhelmed with joy when they found they could listen to
    > > home town news from other foreign towns and villages with a simple tap
    > > of the finger.

    >
    > Your sidestep above is about a CRACKED iPhone, not one delivered by ATT
    > to the other 95% of users who cannot play anything over ATT EDGE or
    > otherwise. Your cracked iPhone isn't the one being sold. Iphone
    > doesn't stream the noted, most popular, codecs, for the reasons in the
    > WiMax white paper I've posted today on another thread....


    wrong.

    just as he said, there are quite a few apps available for a standard,
    off the shelf, non-jailbroken iphone that will stream thousands of
    radio stations. one of them, wunder radio, not only streams broadcast
    radio, but also streams weather radio and police scanner radio (from
    scanamerica.us).

    there are also video streaming apps, including a forthcoming one from
    sling that will connect with a slingbox.



  10. #25
    Kevin Weaver
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads


    "Charles" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:301120082019097514%[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Kevin Weaver
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Truth hurts so you try to make it sound like I'm stupid huh ? Poor sport.
    >> Thanks for playing.

    >
    > You don't care about truth. You are a troll.
    >
    > <PLONK>
    >
    > --
    > Charles


    I love it when you lose you just plonk that person. You made my day. : )




  11. #26
    Adrian C
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    Larry wrote:
    > Whatever word game you like.....


    Scrabble :0)

    --
    Adrian C



  12. #27
    George Kerby
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads




    On 11/30/08 8:08 PM, in article 301120081808591696%[email protected],
    "nospam" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Larry
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>> Lawrence any iPhone user can download an application for the iPhone
    >>> that allows thousands of Internet radio Stations to be streamed to the
    >>> iPhone in real time. I have inadvertently sold iPhones to friends and
    >>> neighbors who though they were aware of the various features of the
    >>> iPhone were overwhelmed with joy when they found they could listen to
    >>> home town news from other foreign towns and villages with a simple tap
    >>> of the finger.

    >>
    >> Your sidestep above is about a CRACKED iPhone, not one delivered by ATT
    >> to the other 95% of users who cannot play anything over ATT EDGE or
    >> otherwise. Your cracked iPhone isn't the one being sold. Iphone
    >> doesn't stream the noted, most popular, codecs, for the reasons in the
    >> WiMax white paper I've posted today on another thread....

    >
    > wrong.
    >
    > just as he said, there are quite a few apps available for a standard,
    > off the shelf, non-jailbroken iphone that will stream thousands of
    > radio stations. one of them, wunder radio, not only streams broadcast
    > radio, but also streams weather radio and police scanner radio (from
    > scanamerica.us).
    >
    > there are also video streaming apps, including a forthcoming one from
    > sling that will connect with a slingbox.

    Don't try to confuse Lar with facts now. He's down at the Waffle House
    fantasizing about Mabel, the head waitress. He imagines his head encircled
    by her freshly starched apron as she hand-feeds him buttermilk pancakes
    dripping with honey. Yummy!




  13. #28
    Todd Allcock
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    At 30 Nov 2008 19:50:44 -0500 Charles wrote:

    > > For you maybe. The Copy and paste is mostly a time saver. 99% of the
    > >iPhone apps are not a necessity.

    >
    > If copy and paste is a necessity to someone they would not buy an
    > iPhone.


    That's not fair- all devices have trade-offs. Many people, I'd guess, put
    up with the iPhone's annoying limitations in order to use what they like
    about it.

    The iPhone's strengths, however, don't make it's limitations any less
    annoying.





  14. #29
    Charles
    Guest

    Re: iPhone users get BBC radio downloads

    In article <[email protected]>, Todd Allcock
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > That's not fair- all devices have trade-offs. Many people, I'd guess, put
    > up with the iPhone's annoying limitations in order to use what they like
    > about it.
    >
    > The iPhone's strengths, however, don't make it's limitations any less
    > annoying.


    It is fair. If a feature is a necessity you should not buy it. I waited
    until the iPhone had 3g because that was a necessity to me. And I am
    glad I waited. If you buy it anyway don't complain it is missing
    something that one considers a necessity. There is a difference between
    necessities and limitations. Limitations......yes we would like to see
    them changed but we can live with them. A necessity is something you
    have to have.

    --
    Charles



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.