On Cell Phone Forums
reply to discussion
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Metspitzer
    Guest
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADm1D6ozDI

    I found this and I saved 3 maps. One of my home town and One of
    Atlanta and one of a city in between. Being able to save the maps so
    you don't need a data connection is a good idea.

    What I would like to be able to do is save the driving directions from
    one place to another and save them to be able to access them offline.

    Anyone know if this can be done with the Android Fusion 8652?




    See More: Google Maps Android




  2. #2
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: Google Maps Android

    On 10/30/2012 9:16 AM, Metspitzer wrote:
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADm1D6ozDI
    >
    > I found this and I saved 3 maps. One of my home town and One of
    > Atlanta and one of a city in between. Being able to save the maps so
    > you don't need a data connection is a good idea.
    >
    > What I would like to be able to do is save the driving directions from
    > one place to another and save them to be able to access them offline.
    >
    > Anyone know if this can be done with the Android Fusion 8652?


    I don't think you can save the driving directions (or have them
    regenerated from stored maps).

    I bought CoPilot which stores all the maps on the phone and provides
    directions. It works pretty well. I'm on a plan on Verizon's network
    with only 10MB of data per month so the last thing I want to do is to
    pay for map downloads to my Android phone.

    They've lowered the price since when I purchased it, it's now $9.99.
    <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alk.copilot.namarket.premiumusa>




  3. #3
    Metspitzer
    Guest

    Re: Google Maps Android

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:03:37 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >On 10/30/2012 9:16 AM, Metspitzer wrote:
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADm1D6ozDI
    >>
    >> I found this and I saved 3 maps. One of my home town and One of
    >> Atlanta and one of a city in between. Being able to save the maps so
    >> you don't need a data connection is a good idea.
    >>
    >> What I would like to be able to do is save the driving directions from
    >> one place to another and save them to be able to access them offline.
    >>
    >> Anyone know if this can be done with the Android Fusion 8652?

    >
    >I don't think you can save the driving directions (or have them
    >regenerated from stored maps).
    >
    >I bought CoPilot which stores all the maps on the phone and provides
    >directions. It works pretty well. I'm on a plan on Verizon's network
    >with only 10MB of data per month so the last thing I want to do is to
    >pay for map downloads to my Android phone.
    >
    >They've lowered the price since when I purchased it, it's now $9.99.
    ><https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alk.copilot.namarket.premiumusa>


    I am really cheap. I don't pay for any data. I use 10 buck a month
    for a dime a min a call. I use free WiFi.



  4. #4
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: Google Maps Android

    On 10/30/2012 10:29 AM, Metspitzer wrote:

    >> They've lowered the price since when I purchased it, it's now $9.99.
    >> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alk.copilot.namarket.premiumusa>

    >
    > I am really cheap. I don't pay for any data. I use 10 buck a month
    > for a dime a min a call. I use free WiFi.


    That's very expensive. I pay 4/minute on Pageplus. As little as
    $2.50/month.

    Actually I'm trying out their $12/month plan now, which is 250 minutes,
    250 texts, and 10MB of data. I was receiving too many texts (5/text) so
    the $12 plan is a better deal for me.




  5. #5
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: Google Maps Android

    On 10/30/2012 3:20 PM, Todd Allcock wrote:
    > $10 for an offline
    > GPS app with downloadable maps and the ability to calculate routes on the
    > fly without a data connection is a steal.


    When I first got CoPilot I didn't like it. I think there were two
    problems, first the old phone was too slow, and second, the app was not
    mature. It seems to be greatly improved now. It's certainly better than
    the built-in GPS on one of our cars whose maps were at least five years
    out of date when it was new.




  6. #6
    Metspitzer
    Guest

    Re: Google Maps Android

    On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:20:02 -0600, Todd Allcock
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >At 30 Oct 2012 13:29:29 -0400 Metspitzer wrote:
    >> On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:03:37 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On 10/30/2012 9:16 AM, Metspitzer wrote:
    >> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADm1D6ozDI
    >> >>
    >> >> I found this and I saved 3 maps. One of my home town and One of
    >> >> Atlanta and one of a city in between. Being able to save the maps so
    >> >> you don't need a data connection is a good idea.
    >> >>
    >> >> What I would like to be able to do is save the driving directions

    >from
    >> >> one place to another and save them to be able to access them offline.
    >> >>
    >> >> Anyone know if this can be done with the Android Fusion 8652?
    >> >
    >> >I don't think you can save the driving directions (or have them
    >> >regenerated from stored maps).
    >> >
    >> >I bought CoPilot which stores all the maps on the phone and provides
    >> >directions. It works pretty well. I'm on a plan on Verizon's network
    >> >with only 10MB of data per month so the last thing I want to do is to
    >> >pay for map downloads to my Android phone.
    >> >
    >> >They've lowered the price since when I purchased it, it's now $9.99.

    >>
    >><https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lot.namarket.p

    >remiumusa>
    >>
    >> I am really cheap. I don't pay for any data. I use 10 buck a month
    >> for a dime a min a call. I use free WiFi.

    >
    >
    >...and how's that working out for you when driving? $10 for an offline
    >GPS app with downloadable maps and the ability to calculate routes on the
    >fly without a data connection is a steal.



    Well since I almost never leave my home town, it works out fine. I go
    to Atlanta about once every six months and there are times when I
    would like to visit something there. That is really the only time I
    would need it. (Want it, I really don't ever need it)



  • Similar Threads







  • Quick Reply Quick Reply

    If you are already a member, please login above.