Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    David S
    Guest

    Re: Cingular spamming via txt msgs

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:16:13 GMT, bubba <[email protected]>
    chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    everything:

    >I think SMS point has relevance as it is about voice msg notice and txt
    >msg appear to be the same at least in the result with Version also. I
    >wonder if sprint works hte same?
    >
    >I think John has a problem with being flat wrong in prev post in this
    >thread. His statment about how txt msg and voice mail notices are not
    >connected was not correct. I guess his word is not gospel LOL


    Your post did not reach anyone who cares, since Navas set it to go to
    a.c.verizon.

    --
    David Streeter, "a guy's guy" -- Dave Barry
    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
    Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
    Buffalo Bob: What's your name, little fella?
    Kid: Kenneth.
    Buffalo Bob: And did you do anything wrong?
    Kid: I farted!
    Buffalo Bob: I see... (breaks into uncontrollable laughter and has to cut
    to commercial)




    See More: Cingular spamming via txt msgs




  2. #17
    David
    Guest

    Re: Cingular spamming via txt msgs

    On 2006-02-23 20:03:10 -0500, bubba <[email protected]> said:

    > I got a spam txt msg and called to ask to stop them and they said ok. I
    > get another today and they stated they changed my international calling
    > and is was not a spam ad. If everyone that does not want the spam txt
    > msg please call and complaint to stop the txt spam.
    >
    > I do not like the idea of paying for them to be able to spam me. I have
    > unlinited data for e-mail spam. I am the postmaster of my mail server
    > and I can stop that spam. The txt msgs are anoying. I guess I will just
    > switch to T-Mobile when my contract is up in a few months.


    I've gotten a few system messages from Cingular in the past few months,
    they all were marked that they were system messages and I would NOT be
    charged. When I was with Verizon I got regular text message spam, and
    quite a few virused emails (with Windows virii). Interestingly enough,
    I ported the Verizon number over to Cingular, so I have the same number
    but the spam stopped.

    So, in summary, your provider sends you occassional update notices
    about your service, and it costs you nothing. You might try learning
    what real spam is.





  3. #18
    bubba
    Guest

    Re: Cingular spamming via txt msgs

    David <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > On 2006-02-23 20:03:10 -0500, bubba <[email protected]>
    > said:
    >
    >> I got a spam txt msg and called to ask to stop them and they said ok.
    >> I get another today and they stated they changed my international
    >> calling and is was not a spam ad. If everyone that does not want the
    >> spam txt msg please call and complaint to stop the txt spam.
    >>
    >> I do not like the idea of paying for them to be able to spam me. I
    >> have unlinited data for e-mail spam. I am the postmaster of my mail
    >> server and I can stop that spam. The txt msgs are anoying. I guess I
    >> will just switch to T-Mobile when my contract is up in a few months.

    >
    > I've gotten a few system messages from Cingular in the past few
    > months, they all were marked that they were system messages and I
    > would NOT be charged. When I was with Verizon I got regular text
    > message spam, and quite a few virused emails (with Windows virii).
    > Interestingly enough, I ported the Verizon number over to Cingular, so
    > I have the same number but the spam stopped.
    >
    > So, in summary, your provider sends you occassional update notices
    > about your service, and it costs you nothing. You might try learning
    > what real spam is.
    >
    >


    As a mole for spamcop I know what spam is. It is UCE or in this case UCT.
    An offer to sell me a service and include a price and a signup deal. That
    is spam!!!!!



  4. #19
    bubba
    Guest

    Re: Cingular spamming via txt msgs

    David S <[email protected]> wrote in
    news[email protected]:

    > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:16:13 GMT, bubba <[email protected]>
    > chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
    > everything:
    >
    >>I think SMS point has relevance as it is about voice msg notice and txt
    >>msg appear to be the same at least in the result with Version also. I
    >>wonder if sprint works hte same?
    >>
    >>I think John has a problem with being flat wrong in prev post in this
    >>thread. His statment about how txt msg and voice mail notices are not
    >>connected was not correct. I guess his word is not gospel LOL

    >
    > Your post did not reach anyone who cares, since Navas set it to go to
    > a.c.verizon.
    >


    Thanks I did not see that. no more spam so far I think they were testing
    the waters on txtmsg spamming so to speak.



  5. #20
    Guitarist511
    Guest

    Re: Cingular spamming via txt msgs

    I just posted a post about this spam. Cingular got each of my phones
    with a message last bill. Since I don't have a text messaging plan I
    pay 10 cents for each inbound or outbound text message. They charged me
    10 for each one of their spam msgs. I'm sure there are a bunch of
    people that don't even realize they have been charged for this.




  6. #21
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: Cingular spamming via txt msgs

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <[email protected]> on 7 Mar 2006
    12:25:19 -0800, "Guitarist511" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just posted a post about this spam. Cingular got each of my phones
    >with a message last bill. Since I don't have a text messaging plan I
    >pay 10 cents for each inbound or outbound text message. They charged me
    >10 for each one of their spam msgs. I'm sure there are a bunch of
    >people that don't even realize they have been charged for this.


    Cingular's *system* text messages are free. Those messages must have been
    another type and/or originated somewhere else.

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



  7. #22
    Guitarist511
    Guest

    Re: Cingular spamming via txt msgs

    Ahh I don't believe that and will be calling tomorrow to have the
    charges removed. Each msg came on the same day one to my phone and the
    other to my wifes within min of each other. The msgs are still on my
    phone with the same date that is on the bill. Cingular screw up here!

    John Navas wrote:
    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <[email protected]> on 7 Mar 2006
    > 12:25:19 -0800, "Guitarist511" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I just posted a post about this spam. Cingular got each of my phones
    > >with a message last bill. Since I don't have a text messaging plan I
    > >pay 10 cents for each inbound or outbound text message. They charged me
    > >10 for each one of their spam msgs. I'm sure there are a bunch of
    > >people that don't even realize they have been charged for this.

    >
    > Cingular's *system* text messages are free. Those messages must have been
    > another type and/or originated somewhere else.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    > John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>





  • Similar Threads

    1. Motorola
    2. T-Mobile
    3. Samsung
    4. alt.cellular.verizon
    5. alt.cellular.verizon



  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12