Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43
  1. #31
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:42:39 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
    wrote in <[email protected]>:

    >Mij Adyaw wrote:
    >> CDMA is far superior to TDMA. As I have stated in another forum, the CDMA
    >> and GSM debate reminds me of the Beta versus VHS debates that occurred in
    >> the 70s. The Beta Tape Standard was far superior to the VHS Standard, yet
    >> the VHS Standard was chosen and adopted. GSM provides less capacity and
    >> lower data rates, yet it is the world standard simply because it was
    >> accepted first and was an easy upgrade path from TDMA. Unfortunately, the
    >> world is now stuck with a sick and crippled dinosaur.

    >
    >Forever is a long time. Whether it's W-CDMA or CDMA2000, the world is
    >moving to CDMA eventually. Voice will follow data.


    W-CDMA and CDMA2000 are vastly different.

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



    See More: Can we expect better service on Cingular than old ATT?




  2. #32
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:42:26 -0500, "Thomas T. Veldhouse"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    <[email protected]>:

    >John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Then cite it.

    >>
    >> Check my back posts for actual GSM coverage outside of standard range.

    >
    >Then cite some realities where there are known extended GSM deployments that
    >everyday GSM phones [like you and I can buy] will work. I have read some of
    >your posts indicating tests that have extended the range, but I have not read
    >any evidence of its deployment.


    Sub-thread starting with
    <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingular/browse_frm/thread/1431a51caa0c4767/ecfe0b2b95120a5a?hl=en#ecfe0b2b95120a5a>
    or <http://tinyurl.com/odzqo>

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



  3. #33
    DecaturTxCowboy
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Sub-thread starting with
    >> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingular/browse_frm/thread/1431a51caa0c4767/ecfe0b2b95120a5a?hl=en#ecfe0b2b95120a5a>
    >> or <http://tinyurl.com/odzqo>
    >>

    >
    > That's not a citation! That is your own post indicating "I am pretty sure".
    > In fact, the evidence you mention in that post is that you picked up a signal
    > 35 miles out to see. Just out of curiousity ... do you really think your tiny
    > little pulsating 1W signal made it 35 miles back to the tower with enough
    > strength to overcome noise? Even so, I asked for a citation and not a quote
    > of your posting about your own experience out to sea. Do you have that?


    Thomas...you know very well John has come out from under his rock to
    make a few drive by posts and will disappear...hoping his nonsense will
    be forgotten. He has a habit of not answering hard questions with any
    resoanable answer.



  4. #34
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:32:13 -0500, "Thomas T. Veldhouse"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    <[email protected]>:

    >John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Sub-thread starting with
    >> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingular/browse_frm/thread/1431a51caa0c4767/ecfe0b2b95120a5a?hl=en#ecfe0b2b95120a5a>
    >> or <http://tinyurl.com/odzqo>

    >
    >That's not a citation!


    I never said it was. I was simply giving you "evidence" you asked for.

    >That is your own post indicating "I am pretty sure".
    >In fact, the evidence you mention in that post is that you picked up a signal
    >35 miles out to see.


    Actually about 21 NM to the nearest land, or about 24 statute miles.

    >Just out of curiousity ... do you really think your tiny
    >little pulsating 1W signal made it 35 miles back to the tower with enough
    >strength to overcome noise?


    Obviously.

    >Even so, I asked for a citation and not a quote
    >of your posting about your own experience out to sea.


    You actually asked for "evidence" ("cite some realities").

    >Do you have that?


    What I have is evidence, and good evidence at that.

    Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



  5. #35
    Scott
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?


    "John Navas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 09:41:25 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
    > wrote in <[email protected]>:
    >
    >>Scott wrote:
    >>
    >>> No- you are wrong and can post no evidence to the contrary. CDMA now
    >>> covers
    >>> most of rural america- GSM does not come close. But a nice try by the
    >>> uneducated to skirt the facts.

    >>
    >>The GSM footprint is smaller than the CDMA footprint, ...

    >
    > Not true.



    And yet you posted NOTHING to refute it. Why? Because nothing can refute
    it. You have been caught once again showing your lack of a clue.





  6. #36
    Scott
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?


    "John Navas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:32:13 -0500, "Thomas T. Veldhouse"
    > <[email protected]> wrote in
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    >>John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Sub-thread starting with
    >>> <http://groups.google.com/group/alt.cellular.cingular/browse_frm/thread/1431a51caa0c4767/ecfe0b2b95120a5a?hl=en#ecfe0b2b95120a5a>
    >>> or <http://tinyurl.com/odzqo>

    >>
    >>That's not a citation!

    >
    > I never said it was. I was simply giving you "evidence" you asked for.
    >


    That proves it- you are indeed a clueless moron. Nothing more to be said
    about it.





  7. #37
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>That's not a citation!

    >
    > I never said it was. I was simply giving you "evidence" you asked for.
    >


    It isn't evidence (you can't quote yourself as "evidence" ... it isn't
    plausible).

    >>That is your own post indicating "I am pretty sure".
    >>In fact, the evidence you mention in that post is that you picked up a signal
    >>35 miles out to see.

    >
    > Actually about 21 NM to the nearest land, or about 24 statute miles.
    >
    >>Just out of curiousity ... do you really think your tiny
    >>little pulsating 1W signal made it 35 miles back to the tower with enough
    >>strength to overcome noise?

    >
    > Obviously.
    >
    >>Even so, I asked for a citation and not a quote
    >>of your posting about your own experience out to sea.

    >
    > You actually asked for "evidence" ("cite some realities").


    Posting a link to one of your own posts is not evidence. It is just evidence
    that you made a post in the past and not evidence of a real deployment. It
    should be pretty clear why citing yourself is not very plausible.

    >
    >>Do you have that?

    >
    > What I have is evidence, and good evidence at that.
    >
    > Do you have any evidence to the contrary?
    >


    I didn't ask for evidence to the contrary ... that is all over the place.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1




  8. #38
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:54:55 -0500, "Thomas T. Veldhouse"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    <[email protected]>:

    >John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>That's not a citation!

    >>
    >> I never said it was. I was simply giving you "evidence" you asked for.

    >
    >It isn't evidence (you can't quote yourself as "evidence" ... it isn't
    >plausible).


    We'll just have to disagree on that.

    >> Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

    >
    >I didn't ask for evidence to the contrary ... that is all over the place.


    I didn't think so.

    --
    Best regards, SEE THE FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS AT
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



  9. #39
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> That's not a citation!

    >> I never said it was. I was simply giving you "evidence" you asked for.
    >>

    >
    > It isn't evidence (you can't quote yourself as "evidence" ... it isn't
    > plausible).


    Clearly you have not been reading this group for very long!

    >> Do you have any evidence to the contrary?
    >>

    >
    > I didn't ask for evidence to the contrary ... that is all over the place.
    >


    Always the last resort of someone who's been caught lying! "Well it must
    be true, you can't prove otherwise!"



  10. #40
    Scott
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?


    "John Navas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > We'll just have to disagree on that.


    Translation- John Navas got caught showing his lack of knowledge again.

    >
    >>> Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

    >>
    >>I didn't ask for evidence to the contrary ... that is all over the place.

    >
    > I didn't think so.
    >


    Don't you mean, "I didn't think"? That would be much more appropriate, you
    clueless troll.





  11. #41
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    John Navas <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>That's not a citation!
    >>>
    >>> I never said it was. I was simply giving you "evidence" you asked for.

    >>
    >>It isn't evidence (you can't quote yourself as "evidence" ... it isn't
    >>plausible).

    >
    > We'll just have to disagree on that.
    >


    You can not give that evidence because it does not exist ... just as I
    thought.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1




  12. #42
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> I didn't ask for evidence to the contrary ... that is all over the place.
    >>

    >
    > Always the last resort of someone who's been caught lying! "Well it must
    > be true, you can't prove otherwise!"


    I am not sure who you are referring too, but I assume you are referring to
    John. I was asking for evidence of extended GSM deployment and in particular,
    I want evidence for its deployment in the US. It seems to me the only
    evidence posted by Mr. Navas is that he was once on a boat at some distance
    into the gulf of mexico and he picked up a signal ... so it must have been
    extended GSM. Since he cites himself, I will make a post to the contrary that
    I was with him that day and I will indicate that he was actually using a
    Verizon Wireless phone. Further, I will post that post as evidence to support
    my opinion.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Key Fingerprint: 2DB9 813F F510 82C2 E1AE 34D0 D69D 1EDC D5EC AED1




  13. #43
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: How Is CDMA Superior To TDMA?

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> I didn't ask for evidence to the contrary ... that is all over the place.
    >>>

    >> Always the last resort of someone who's been caught lying! "Well it must
    >> be true, you can't prove otherwise!"

    >
    > I am not sure who you are referring too, but I assume you are referring to
    > John.


    Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear.

    I was asking for evidence of extended GSM deployment and in particular,
    > I want evidence for its deployment in the US. It seems to me the only
    > evidence posted by Mr. Navas is that he was once on a boat at some distance
    > into the gulf of mexico and he picked up a signal ... so it must have been
    > extended GSM.


    In the words of the late Johnny Carson, "funny stuff."

    > Since he cites himself, I will make a post to the contrary that
    > I was with him that day and I will indicate that he was actually using a
    > Verizon Wireless phone. Further, I will post that post as evidence to support
    > my opinion.


    I thought I saw you on the boat!



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123