Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 20 of 20
  1. #16
    Todd Allcock
    Guest

    Re: Newbie on phone unlocking

    At 23 Apr 2007 09:40:58 -0700 SMS wrote:
    > Todd Allcock wrote:
    >
    > > Not really- the T-Mobile namewas in use for several years before the

    T-Mo
    > > group was in use.

    >
    > It was in use outside the U.S. for several years before the U.S. change

    of Voicestream to T-Mobile, but not for that long in the U.S. before the
    alt.cellular.t-mobile group was created.

    IIRC, only in the last year has the T-Mo group "replaced" the VStream
    group- prior to that the VS group had far more activity. The T-Mo name
    has been in use here for at least three years.

    While I understand your desire to get things moving faster WRT the AT&T
    group, I feel we should probably wait and see what AT&Tingular actually
    intends to call "the wireless service formerly known as Cingular" before
    we use the incorrect, but "close" ATTWS group.

    As you correctly pointed out, the T-Mobile group was CREATED after the
    service changed names- T-Mo users didn't just take over an old group with
    a similar name! ;-)

    Unless AT&T calls Cingular "AT&T Wireless" the attws group has the wrong
    name! A situation at least as confusing as using the Cingular group.

    In short, what's the hurry, unless your ONLY motive is to get under a
    certain person's skin? (Which, if the case, is fine as long as you're up
    front about it, and those who wish to play along, can.)






    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com




    See More: Newbie on phone unlocking




  2. #17
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: Newbie on phone unlocking

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:03:07 -0600, Todd Allcock
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    <[email protected]>:

    >In short, what's the hurry, unless your ONLY motive is to get under a
    >certain person's skin? (Which, if the case, is fine as long as you're up
    >front about it, and those who wish to play along, can.)


    Actually not fine -- that's abuse of Usenet.

    --
    Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS:
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



  3. #18
    SMS
    Guest

    Re: Newbie on phone unlocking

    Todd Allcock wrote:

    > Unless AT&T calls Cingular "AT&T Wireless" the attws group has the wrong
    > name! A situation at least as confusing as using the Cingular group.


    When I've seen it mentioned, they call it the wireless unit of AT&T. So
    technically maybe it should be alt.cellular.wsatt or just
    alt.cellular.att. It's better to just use the existing name than to
    create a new group.



  4. #19
    John Navas
    Guest

    Re: Newbie on phone unlocking

    On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:44:49 -0700, SMS <[email protected]>
    wrote in <[email protected]>:

    >Todd Allcock wrote:
    >
    >> Unless AT&T calls Cingular "AT&T Wireless" the attws group has the wrong
    >> name! A situation at least as confusing as using the Cingular group.

    >
    >When I've seen it mentioned, they call it the wireless unit of AT&T. So
    >technically maybe it should be alt.cellular.wsatt or just
    >alt.cellular.att.


    alt.cellular.att obviously makes the most sense if and when the Cingular
    name is actually retired. I may even do just that.

    >It's better to just use the existing name than to
    >create a new group.


    Because you say so? Not really true, of course, since that confuses
    it with the old defunct and poorly regarded AT&T Wireless Service. But
    of course you'd like that -- anything to impede the GSM juggernaut.

    --
    Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS:
    John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>



  5. #20
    sw
    Guest

    Re: Newbie on phone unlocking

    Grow up navas! Stop your childish whining. At least he has a life and a
    wife. What happen to your marriage? Why did she leave you? All you got
    is your V3xx & the last word on everything regardless of its accuracy.

    [Copied to alt.cellular.attws. Please post all alt.cellular.cingular
    posts to alt.cellular.attws as well. The Cingular name is going away, and
    alt.cellular.attws is the proper venue for posts regarding AT&T's
    Wireless Service.]


    In article <[email protected]>,
    John Navas <s[email protected]> wrote:

    > That isn't good advice, and there is no official transition,
    >
    > Steven just has big grudges against Cingular the company, because his
    > wife got poor coverage, and against me personally, fueled by envy,
    > because I keep setting the record straight on his bashing of GSM in
    > general and Cingular in particular, and because I created the Cingular
    > newsgroup and the Cingular FAQ. He's now doing his best to damage the
    > Cingular newsgroup, in part because of Cingular, in part because I
    > created it. It's all very childish.
    >
    > Always consider the source before taking advice. Use the newsgroup
    > that's most appropriate to your needs, which is still (for now at least)
    > the Cingular newsgroup. And since cross-posting thread fragments to the
    > ATTWS newsgroup only serves to pointlessly damage it with noise, please
    > don't that.
    >
    > On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 13:28:28 GMT, "Joe" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > <[email protected]>:
    >
    > >I'll be sure to follow this advice. As I indicated, I'm a newbie on this
    > >group and I appreciate all of the proper netiquettte advice one can give.
    > >Thanks.
    > >
    > >When is the official transition?
    > >
    > >> [Copied to alt.cellular.attws. Please post all alt.cellular.cingular posts
    > >> to alt.cellular.attws as well. The Cingular name is going away, and
    > >> alt.cellular.attws is the proper venue for posts regarding AT&T's Wireless
    > >> Service.]




  • Similar Threads




  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12