Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Dave Waller
    Guest
    Wondering how many people use the P900 with the Mac platform. Has anyone
    found a solution for synching with Entourage? Is the iCal and Address Book
    synchronization relatively stable? Does the P900 operate in the same fashion
    as the T68i with the Address Book (Displaying incoming calls on the Mac and
    placing calls through the address book)? Is it worth purchasing for the $800
    price tag for a Mac system?

    Thanks,
    Dave




    See More: P900 and Mac OS 10.3.3




  2. #2
    Art Gorski
    Guest

    Re: P900 and Mac OS 10.3.3

    In article <BCA9F29C.C995%[email protected]>,
    Dave Waller <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Is the iCal and Address Book synchronization relatively stable?


    Flawless. It even syncs the Address Book thumbnail pictures and
    displays the picture of the caller on incoming calls.

    > Is it worth purchasing for the $800 price tag for a Mac system?


    I think so. Since you can't use the PC software, you have to use
    Bluetooth File Exchange to transfer applications and files to the phone.
    This works fine, except you can't specify the external memory in the
    Stick, so big files, like MP3s, are a problem because they won't fit in
    the internal memory. You might have to just buy a memory stick reader
    for the Mac.

    --
    * Please remove NOSPAM from address when replying via email! *
    Art Gorski * Cigar Aficianado (_{@}______|| ~~~ * Houston, Texas



  3. #3
    Andrew Currie
    Guest

    Re: P900 and Mac OS 10.3.3

    I've been following this thread and have another question:

    Is there any way to back up SMS messages from this handset onto my Mac?
    An app called PhoneAgent works with my current T616, but will not work
    with the P900.

    Thanks,

    Andrew



  4. #4
    Dave Waller
    Guest

    Re: P900 and Mac OS 10.3.3

    Thanks for the information Art. I ordered a P900 and eagerly await receiving
    it.

    Apparently 10.3.4 will be released shortly as well.

    Thanks,
    Dave

    On 4/20/04 7:25 PM, in article
    amgorskiNOSPAM-91B6A8.18254320042004....earthlink.net, "Art Gorski"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <BCA9F29C.C995%[email protected].net>,
    > Dave Waller <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Is the iCal and Address Book synchronization relatively stable?

    >
    > Flawless. It even syncs the Address Book thumbnail pictures and
    > displays the picture of the caller on incoming calls.
    >
    >> Is it worth purchasing for the $800 price tag for a Mac system?

    >
    > I think so. Since you can't use the PC software, you have to use
    > Bluetooth File Exchange to transfer applications and files to the phone.
    > This works fine, except you can't specify the external memory in the
    > Stick, so big files, like MP3s, are a problem because they won't fit in
    > the internal memory. You might have to just buy a memory stick reader
    > for the Mac.





  5. #5
    Art Gorski
    Guest

    Re: P900 and Mac OS 10.3.3

    In article <210420040855484890%[email protected]>,
    Andrew Currie <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Is there any way to back up SMS messages from this handset onto my Mac?
    > An app called PhoneAgent works with my current T616, but will not work
    > with the P900.


    Haven't tried but any file can be Bluetoothed to the Mac.

    --
    * Please remove NOSPAM from address when replying via email! *
    Art Gorski * Cigar Aficianado (_{@}______|| ~~~ * Houston, Texas



  6. #6
    fastMario
    Guest

    Re: P900 and Mac OS 10.3.3

    In article <BCA9F29C.C995%[email protected]>,
    Dave Waller <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Wondering how many people use the P900 with the Mac platform. Has anyone
    > found a solution for synching with Entourage? Is the iCal and Address Book
    > synchronization relatively stable? Does the P900 operate in the same fashion
    > as the T68i with the Address Book (Displaying incoming calls on the Mac and
    > placing calls through the address book)? Is it worth purchasing for the $800
    > price tag for a Mac system?


    Also the Ericsson suite works perfectly with VPC over the USB cable
    M



  7. #7
    Andrew Currie
    Guest

    Re: P900 and Mac OS 10.3.3


    In article <BCA9F29C.C995%[email protected]>,
    Dave Waller <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Wondering how many people use the P900 with the Mac platform. Has anyone
    > > found a solution for synching with Entourage? Is the iCal and Address Book
    > > synchronization relatively stable? Does the P900 operate in the same fashion
    > > as the T68i with the Address Book (Displaying incoming calls on the Mac and
    > > placing calls through the address book)? Is it worth purchasing for the $800
    > > price tag for a Mac system?


    Lack of support for the Mac platform is the only thing keeping me from
    getting a P900 myself!

    At this point you may or may not be able to successfully sync a P900
    using iSync -- there were problems with this at one point -- but there
    is nothing for the Mac like this this indispensable app I use with my
    SE Z600:

    http://www.macmedia.sk/pa.htm

    Andrew



  • Phones Discussed Above

    Sony Ericsson P900 More Sony Ericsson P900 topics Sony Ericsson Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads