Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Rapiblue
    Guest
    Please can someone help?
    I am considering getting a P900 on an upgrade in just under 2 weeks. I've
    considered waiting 2 or 3 months for the P910, but I really like the looks
    of the P900 (outside keypad for example). I know the P910 has more memory,
    but I'll just buy a 128mb memory stick for the P900. Thumbboard - I don't
    like it. I bought my little brother a T610 (with a 65 000 colour display)
    and it's display seems pretty good to me. I'm just wondering, has anyone had
    some experience with a 262 112 colour display? Is it really THAT much better
    than a 65 000?
    TIA.
    Rapidblue.





    See More: P900 or P910?




  2. #2
    Ben Pope
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    Rapiblue wrote:
    > Please can someone help?
    > I am considering getting a P900 on an upgrade in just under 2 weeks. I've
    > considered waiting 2 or 3 months for the P910, but I really like the looks
    > of the P900 (outside keypad for example). I know the P910 has more memory,
    > but I'll just buy a 128mb memory stick for the P900. Thumbboard - I don't
    > like it. I bought my little brother a T610 (with a 65 000 colour display)
    > and it's display seems pretty good to me. I'm just wondering, has anyone
    > had some experience with a 262 112 colour display? Is it really THAT much
    > better than a 65 000?


    I think the general consensus with respect to the screen is that the number
    of colours is indistinguishable, but that the increased brightness of the
    screen on the P910 is a bonus.

    With respect to memory, I think there are things you can have only in the
    internal memory. Also, external memory on the P900 is "only" 128MB (at any
    time, of course, multiple memory sticks are an option)

    Ben
    --
    A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...





  3. #3
    Stefan Bellon
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    Rapiblue wrote:
    > I know the P910 has more memory, but I'll just buy a 128mb memory
    > stick for the P900.


    You know that the P910 has 16 MB more RAM than the P900, not only the
    48 MB more internal memory?

    --
    Stefan Bellon



  4. #4
    Rapiblue
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    You're right, I saw some pictures online showing the difference in
    brightness between the 2 phones. There is definitely an improvement in the
    P910, but the P900 is still very bright.
    What phone are you currently using?

    Rapidblue.

    "Ben Pope" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Rapiblue wrote:
    > > Please can someone help?
    > > I am considering getting a P900 on an upgrade in just under 2 weeks.

    I've
    > > considered waiting 2 or 3 months for the P910, but I really like the

    looks
    > > of the P900 (outside keypad for example). I know the P910 has more

    memory,
    > > but I'll just buy a 128mb memory stick for the P900. Thumbboard - I

    don't
    > > like it. I bought my little brother a T610 (with a 65 000 colour

    display)
    > > and it's display seems pretty good to me. I'm just wondering, has anyone
    > > had some experience with a 262 112 colour display? Is it really THAT

    much
    > > better than a 65 000?

    >
    > I think the general consensus with respect to the screen is that the

    number
    > of colours is indistinguishable, but that the increased brightness of the
    > screen on the P910 is a bonus.
    >
    > With respect to memory, I think there are things you can have only in the
    > internal memory. Also, external memory on the P900 is "only" 128MB (at

    any
    > time, of course, multiple memory sticks are an option)
    >
    > Ben
    > --
    > A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    > Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    > I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
    >
    >






  5. #5
    Rapiblue
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    Cool! Will this help with the speed or with the amount of applications you
    can open at one time?

    Rapidblue.


    "Stefan Bellon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Rapiblue wrote:
    > > I know the P910 has more memory, but I'll just buy a 128mb memory
    > > stick for the P900.

    >
    > You know that the P910 has 16 MB more RAM than the P900, not only the
    > 48 MB more internal memory?
    >
    > --
    > Stefan Bellon






  6. #6
    Ben Pope
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    Rapiblue wrote:
    > You're right, I saw some pictures online showing the difference in
    > brightness between the 2 phones. There is definitely an improvement in the
    > P910, but the P900 is still very bright.
    > What phone are you currently using?


    Nokia 6310i.

    A screen that works. Battery life is excellent too, after nearly 2 years I
    still get a week. That's with around an hour of calls, and on 24/7.

    Ben
    --
    A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...





  7. #7
    Ben Pope
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    Rapiblue wrote:
    > Cool! Will this help with the speed or with the amount of applications you
    > can open at one time?



    Kind of, but my understanding was that the applications don't really close,
    at least for the built-in ones.

    Ben
    --
    A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...





  8. #8
    Stefan Bellon
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    Ben Pope wrote:
    > Rapiblue wrote:
    > > Cool! Will this help with the speed or with the amount of
    > > applications you can open at one time?


    > Kind of, but my understanding was that the applications don't really
    > close, at least for the built-in ones.


    They don't close as long as a new one has enough space to start. If you
    run out of space and cannot start a new application, then Symbian OS
    closes an already opened application for you to make space.

    --
    Stefan Bellon



  9. #9
    The Shadow
    Guest

    Re: P900 or P910?

    From my understanding of this review:

    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/handpho...032162p,00.htm

    the keyboard is not going to get a lot of use. Also, disappointing in that
    you can't sync between two PCs because not all fields in the Contacts are
    moved over. Poor effort, SE.

    "Stefan Bellon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ben Pope wrote:
    >> Rapiblue wrote:
    >> > Cool! Will this help with the speed or with the amount of
    >> > applications you can open at one time?

    >
    >> Kind of, but my understanding was that the applications don't really
    >> close, at least for the built-in ones.

    >
    > They don't close as long as a new one has enough space to start. If you
    > run out of space and cannot start a new application, then Symbian OS
    > closes an already opened application for you to make space.
    >
    > --
    > Stefan Bellon






  • Phones Discussed Above

    Sony Ericsson P910 More Sony Ericsson P910 topics Sony Ericsson Forum Reviews
    Sony Ericsson P900 More Sony Ericsson P900 topics Sony Ericsson Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads