Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    DevilsPGD
    Guest
    In message <[email protected]>
    "Sseadoubleyou" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I recently bought a Motorola HS850 v 1.2 bluetooth headset for my RAZR
    >phone. Everything seems to work find EXCEPT for the fact that the damn
    >'boom' (which is what they call the part of the device where the mic is
    >attached too) lays up against your cheek when you have it on and nobody
    >can hear me talk! I have to pull the 'boom' away from my cheek so
    >people can hear me. Is this a common problem with bluetooth headsets
    >or if it's not, can anyone recommend a headset where the 'boom' does
    >not lay up against your cheek? I'm not keeping a 100.00 headset if I
    >have to hold the 'boom' away from my cheek everytime I use it, I might
    >as well be wired then.


    Mine touches my cheek too, but people can hear me just fine. I'm not
    sure if that helps or not...

    --
    A well-dressed man walks into a bar and asks a woman to sleep
    with him for $1M. The woman is excited and she gives immediate
    consent: "Of course I'll sleep with you!".
    Then the man asks, "will you sleep with me for $5?". The woman
    indignantly replies, "Of course not! What do you think I am?".
    The man replies, "We've already established what you are; now
    we're merely haggling over the price."



    See More: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!




  2. #2
    Miles
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    Sseadoubleyou wrote:
    > I recently bought a Motorola HS850 v 1.2 bluetooth headset for my RAZR
    > phone. Everything seems to work find EXCEPT for the fact that the damn
    > 'boom' (which is what they call the part of the device where the mic is
    > attached too) lays up against your cheek when you have it on and nobody
    > can hear me talk! I have to pull the 'boom' away from my cheek so
    > people can hear me. Is this a common problem with bluetooth headsets
    > or if it's not, can anyone recommend a headset where the 'boom' does
    > not lay up against your cheek? I'm not keeping a 100.00 headset if I
    > have to hold the 'boom' away from my cheek everytime I use it, I might
    > as well be wired then.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >


    The Jabra 250V has a boom that remains away from your cheek. I've been
    using this unit for the past month and have no difficulties and it's
    clear for my hearing and for the party on the other end.

    The only thing I don't like about it, and this is probably the cell
    phone, is that each time I turn it off and then turn it on, the cell
    phone again needs to search and find it -- and sometimes it doesn't find
    it right away.

    Miles



  3. #3
    Sseadoubleyou
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    Thanks for the comments, I just got off the phone with Motorola with a
    supervisor and asked him if he could put a suggestion in to the
    designers to make their next 'boom' more adjustable, where one can
    extend it away from their cheek. I'm returning this thing! Can anyone
    recommend some other makers of BT headsets? Jabra is not really
    catching my eye, they are pretty ugly looking

    Thanks.




  4. #4
    Andre
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    On 5 Sep 2005 16:59:02 -0700, "Sseadoubleyou"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for the comments, I just got off the phone with Motorola with a
    >supervisor and asked him if he could put a suggestion in to the
    >designers to make their next 'boom' more adjustable, where one can
    >extend it away from their cheek. I'm returning this thing! Can anyone
    >recommend some other makers of BT headsets? Jabra is not really
    >catching my eye, they are pretty ugly looking
    >
    >Thanks.


    Jabra may be ugly, but it works well. It fits more inside your ear so
    you can hear better. It also has a vibrate feature. I sold my Motorola
    for a Jabra and would not go back.



  5. #5
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    In message <[email protected]>
    "Sseadoubleyou" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks for the comments, I just got off the phone with Motorola with a
    >supervisor and asked him if he could put a suggestion in to the
    >designers to make their next 'boom' more adjustable, where one can
    >extend it away from their cheek. I'm returning this thing! Can anyone
    >recommend some other makers of BT headsets? Jabra is not really
    >catching my eye, they are pretty ugly looking


    I've field testing a few preproduction Jabra units, they're good units,
    but they're not pretty. On the other hand, neither are the Motorola
    units.

    Anyone have any thoughts about the BlueSpoon AX headsets?

    --
    I know what "Cheese" is, and I know what "Whiz" is...



  6. #6
    Sseadoubleyou
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    Motorola units are not "pretty"? You gotta be kidding me? They are
    totally hi-tech looking with lights and everything!




  7. #7
    CJD
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    Lights are good, especially the HS850s soft blue glow!

    As for the boom, I don't mean to be rude, but you must have an odd shaped
    melon or something. ;-)
    Also if you look at the boom, near where the mic is, you will see that
    there is a bulge, where it may rest against your face where the soft rubber
    is, but the mic is at the bottom front of that bulge where it won't be
    covered up.
    Anyway, maybe look into the HS820, you won't be covering that one up, it may
    not have a boom, but it looks good, people hear you just as well, and the
    only thing I didn't like about it was that the volume was a little to low
    for my liking. I wonder if they have fixed that in the meantime?

    "Sseadoubleyou" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    Motorola units are not "pretty"? You gotta be kidding me? They are
    totally hi-tech looking with lights and everything!





  8. #8
    Aaron
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!


    "Sseadoubleyou" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Thanks for the comments, I just got off the phone with Motorola with a
    > supervisor and asked him if he could put a suggestion in to the
    > designers to make their next 'boom' more adjustable, where one can
    > extend it away from their cheek. I'm returning this thing! Can anyone
    > recommend some other makers of BT headsets? Jabra is not really
    > catching my eye, they are pretty ugly looking
    >
    > Thanks.
    >


    not to be rude but do you have very fat cheeks or large head?
    mine doesnt even come close to touching my cheek.
    perhaps you can use the hs820. it has no boom and fits bigger ears and heads
    better.





  9. #9
    SFB
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    If you paid $100 you overpaid! Compusa has it for $50 this week, and
    had it on sale for the same price a month ago. With the replacement
    H700 coming before the end of the year it is "clearance" time on the
    HS850... the new h700 will be 30% smaller/lighter with improved echo
    control (according to specs/reviews). Of course it has a retail of $120
    (on the few sites that even have it listed as being available soon), so
    at $50 for the HS850 you would have a bargain...

    SFB

    Sseadoubleyou wrote:
    > I recently bought a Motorola HS850 v 1.2 bluetooth headset for my RAZR
    > phone. Everything seems to work find EXCEPT for the fact that the damn
    > 'boom' (which is what they call the part of the device where the mic is
    > attached too) lays up against your cheek when you have it on and nobody
    > can hear me talk! I have to pull the 'boom' away from my cheek so
    > people can hear me. Is this a common problem with bluetooth headsets
    > or if it's not, can anyone recommend a headset where the 'boom' does
    > not lay up against your cheek? I'm not keeping a 100.00 headset if I
    > have to hold the 'boom' away from my cheek everytime I use it, I might
    > as well be wired then.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >





  10. #10
    Sseadoubleyou
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    No, I'm not fat lol, I'm a guy, 6'1", 175, I do have a big head though
    but not a fat one I didnt pay 100 for it, I bought it threw
    pricegrabber for 66.06 but still, the retail is 100 bucks, it shouldn't
    be hanging this problem.




  11. #11
    Sseadoubleyou
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    Hey, when should I look for the H700 to be coming out? Maybe I will
    try that one. I don't want an 'old' model.

    Thanks.




  12. #12
    SFB
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    It is supposed to be released in the 4th quarter, i.e. sometime after
    Oct. 1st. I haven't seen a firm release date yet... motorola site just
    says 4th quarter...

    http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...0,,111,00.html
    http://www.slashphone.com/news/?m=show&id=2109&page=3

    SFB

    Sseadoubleyou wrote:

    > Hey, when should I look for the H700 to be coming out? Maybe I will
    > try that one. I don't want an 'old' model.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >





  13. #13
    Sseadoubleyou
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    Ah, very cool! I will be on the look out for it then. When it is
    released, you don't think it will be available online for under retail?




  14. #14
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    In message <[email protected]>
    "Sseadoubleyou" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Motorola units are not "pretty"? You gotta be kidding me? They are
    >totally hi-tech looking with lights and everything!


    Exactly the problem.

    I prefer something stylish, functional, but otherwise as unobtrusive as
    possible. There is nothing unobtrusive about walking around with a blue
    flash light shining from my head or a big piece of plastic sticking out
    of the front of my ear.

    My Jabra prerelease headset is great, it wraps around the back of my ear
    instead of the front, and the light is much smaller -- Overall it looks
    a bit more "clunky", but it's less obtrusive.

    Unfortunately it's battery life is next to nothing now (Although it's at
    least 3 years old, and was left unplugged over two years due to the fact
    that I lost the charger and wasn't really using it anyway), so I ruined
    the battery myself.

    --
    Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section
    in a swimming pool.



  15. #15
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Motorola HS850 Bluetooth Headset!

    In message <[email protected]> SFB
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If you paid $100 you overpaid! Compusa has it for $50 this week, and
    >had it on sale for the same price a month ago. With the replacement
    >H700 coming before the end of the year it is "clearance" time on the
    >HS850... the new h700 will be 30% smaller/lighter with improved echo
    >control (according to specs/reviews). Of course it has a retail of $120
    >(on the few sites that even have it listed as being available soon), so
    >at $50 for the HS850 you would have a bargain...


    The HS850s are $199CDN+GST at Rogers dealers. Ouch! I paid full price,
    but only because I was getting reimbursed because they promised a free
    headset but didn't bother to deliver it as part of the contract signup

    I saw it online much cheaper, but why shop around to save Rogers money?
    If they wanted a better price, they should have shipped it in the first
    place, or shipped it to me when I called to complain -- Since they said
    the only option was to buy it from a dealer, I had them recommend a few
    dealers and that's where I went

    --
    Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section
    in a swimming pool.



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast