Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Jeff
    Guest
    My i730 beeps every time it regains a coverage signal. Does anyone know
    how to get that to go away? I spend a lot of time in an office in which
    I get coverage only on one side. That means that every time I walk back
    and forth, I get an annoying beep from my phone. Beep, beep, beep, all
    day long. Its driving me crazy. I've checked the manual and every menu
    on the phone, but no luck turning it off.

    Thanks,

    Jeff




    See More: i730 in service beep




  2. #2
    CWArnold
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep

    keep the phone powered off. LOL



    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My i730 beeps every time it regains a coverage signal. Does anyone know
    > how to get that to go away? I spend a lot of time in an office in which
    > I get coverage only on one side. That means that every time I walk back
    > and forth, I get an annoying beep from my phone. Beep, beep, beep, all
    > day long. Its driving me crazy. I've checked the manual and every menu
    > on the phone, but no luck turning it off.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff
    >






  3. #3
    admin too
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep


    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > My i730 beeps every time it regains a coverage signal. Does anyone know
    > how to get that to go away? I spend a lot of time in an office in which
    > I get coverage only on one side. That means that every time I walk back
    > and forth, I get an annoying beep from my phone. Beep, beep, beep, all
    > day long. Its driving me crazy. I've checked the manual and every menu
    > on the phone, but no luck turning it off.
    >


    Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.





  4. #4
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep

    In message <[email protected]> "admin too"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.


    Correct.


    --
    You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best testing indicates.



  5. #5
    WindsorFox[SS]
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    > In message <[email protected]> "admin too"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.

    >
    >
    > Correct.
    >
    >


    My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
    all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
    way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
    I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
    different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
    last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
    unacceptable.

    --





  6. #6
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep

    In message <[email protected]> "WindsorFox[SS]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.

    >>
    >> Correct.

    >
    > My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
    >all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
    >way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
    >I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
    >different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
    >last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
    >unacceptable.


    Most odd. I have one profile with all the volumes set to "0", it still
    chirps. Might be a firmware fix though...


    --
    "Gee, Bill what do you want to do tonight?"
    "The same thing we do every night Steve. Try to take over the world!"



  7. #7
    WindsorFox[SS]
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    > In message <[email protected]> "WindsorFox[SS]"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>>>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.
    >>>
    >>>Correct.

    >>
    >> My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
    >>all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
    >>way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
    >>I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
    >>different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
    >>last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
    >>unacceptable.

    >
    >
    > Most odd. I have one profile with all the volumes set to "0", it still
    > chirps. Might be a firmware fix though...
    >
    >


    And it may be different from "vibrate all". Thry it the way I said
    and see if it still beeps.

    --





  8. #8
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep

    In message <[email protected]> "WindsorFox[SS]"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>>>Yeah, and I think it still beeps even if you have it in vibrate mode.
    >>>>
    >>>>Correct.
    >>>
    >>> My i730 does not give any service beeps when I'm in "vibrate
    >>>all". If you OPEN the phone and then click the volume down all the
    >>>way you get vibrate all and my phone never makes another sound until
    >>>I OPEN the clam and raise the vol again. Apparently this is quite
    >>>different from doing it with the phone closed. I worked in a school
    >>>last April and May so internittant noises from it would be totally
    >>>unacceptable.

    >>
    >>
    >> Most odd. I have one profile with all the volumes set to "0", it still
    >> chirps. Might be a firmware fix though...
    >>
    >>

    >
    >And it may be different from "vibrate all". Thry it the way I said
    >and see if it still beeps.


    I'm not using Vibrate all in this profile.

    When you turn the volume up or down when the flip is open you're
    changing the "Ring Volume" -- I've already got it at zero.


    --
    HAM AND EGGS: A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig



  9. #9
    WindsorFox[SS]
    Guest

    Re: i730 in service beep

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    >
    > I'm not using Vibrate all in this profile.
    >
    > When you turn the volume up or down when the flip is open you're
    > changing the "Ring Volume" -- I've already got it at zero.
    >
    >


    Actually when you do it with it closed you're changing the ring
    volume. When you do it open it apparently changes every thing that
    makes a noise. Turn the volume all the way down while it's closed and
    if someone hits a DC or alerts you, it still comes out loud and I
    still get service beeps. When I turn it down flipped open, I get no
    service beeps and anything that would make a sound vibes.

    --





  • Phones Discussed Above

    Motorola i730 / i733 More Motorola i730 / i733 topics Motorola Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads