Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Jimmy
    Guest
    My 16yr old broke her i730 so I thought I might get her a new phone for
    Xmas. The girl at the local Nextel store gave me a price of $500.00. Does
    anyone think it is worth it? I could renew my contract for another 2 years
    and get it for $300.

    J.





    See More: Went to buy the i860




  2. #2
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    In message <[email protected]_s52> "Jimmy"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My 16yr old broke her i730 so I thought I might get her a new phone for
    >Xmas. The girl at the local Nextel store gave me a price of $500.00. Does
    >anyone think it is worth it? I could renew my contract for another 2 years
    >and get it for $300.


    My dealer said to avoid it, they've had nothing but complaints, mainly
    battery life and reception issues.

    That says something, if a dealer won't even recommend a phone (knowing
    that there wasn't another commission, I was just going to stick with my
    u730)


    --
    A fool and his money are soon popular.



  3. #3
    WKR
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    Jim
    Shop around.Amazon.com has it for $380..just for phone.I have seen and used
    the i860 ,no complaint except it is still bulky,but it has the iDen
    components in it,hard to make phones smaller I guess.
    $300 with 2 year renewal isn't too bad.
    HTH
    Wayne



    "Jimmy" <[email protected]> wrote in message ...
    > My 16yr old broke her i730 so I thought I might get her a new phone for
    > Xmas. The girl at the local Nextel store gave me a price of $500.00. Does
    > anyone think it is worth it? I could renew my contract for another 2 years
    > and get it for $300.
    >
    > J.
    >






  4. #4
    Jimmy
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860



    DevilsPGD wrote:
    > In message <[email protected]_s52> "Jimmy"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> My 16yr old broke her i730 so I thought I might get her a new phone
    >> for Xmas. The girl at the local Nextel store gave me a price of
    >> $500.00. Does anyone think it is worth it? I could renew my contract
    >> for another 2 years and get it for $300.

    >
    > My dealer said to avoid it, they've had nothing but complaints, mainly
    > battery life and reception issues.
    >
    > That says something, if a dealer won't even recommend a phone (knowing
    > that there wasn't another commission, I was just going to stick with
    > my u730)


    How do you find such a dealer? You must be a good customer. I didn't think
    it had been available long enough for a true evaluation, which is exactly
    what was going through my mind when I was speaking to our local Nextal store
    salesperson. I guess I will just get another i730.

    J.





  5. #5
    Jimmy
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860



    WKR wrote:
    > Jim
    > Shop around.Amazon.com has it for $380..just for phone.I have seen
    > and used the i860 ,no complaint except it is still bulky,but it has
    > the iDen components in it,hard to make phones smaller I guess.
    > $300 with 2 year renewal isn't too bad.
    > HTH
    > Wayne
    >

    I handled a demo this afternoon and it didn't appear bulky but I didn't
    really think to compare it or actually hold the 730 at the same time. I
    don't feel comfortable with a two year contract to begin with the way things
    happen so quickly these days but I am considering that option. Is that price
    of $380 without the renewal? That might not seem to bad. I don't mind
    spending the money as much as I dislike the abuse the girl dishes out due to
    only being 16 I guess

    Thanks for the response.

    J.





  6. #6
    1badss
    1badss is offline
    Phone Addict

    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    456 - liked 3 times

    when the guy above stated that his dealer did not recommend the phone because it had reception issues I think he was speaking of the i830. The i860 which you are refering to has no reception issues that I am aware of. The i830 does and it has very poor battery life but the i860 gets very similar batter life as the i730. The i860 is $249 with a contract extension, if that is what you want to do it is your best bet, unless you see some reason why you would cancel the service in the near future.



  7. #7
    =?windows-1252?Q?JDa=99?=
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    My God, 380.00 No way, 249.00 at Nextelonline.com after 50.00 mail
    in rebate.

    http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...n/PhoneLanding


    Jimmy wrote:

    >WKR wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Jim
    >>Shop around.Amazon.com has it for $380..just for phone.I have seen
    >>and used the i860 ,no complaint except it is still bulky,but it has
    >>the iDen components in it,hard to make phones smaller I guess.
    >>$300 with 2 year renewal isn't too bad.
    >>HTH
    >>Wayne
    >>
    >>
    >>

    > I handled a demo this afternoon and it didn't appear bulky but I didn't
    >really think to compare it or actually hold the 730 at the same time. I
    >don't feel comfortable with a two year contract to begin with the way things
    >happen so quickly these days but I am considering that option. Is that price
    >of $380 without the renewal? That might not seem to bad. I don't mind
    >spending the money as much as I dislike the abuse the girl dishes out due to
    >only being 16 I guess
    >
    > Thanks for the response.
    >
    >J.
    >
    >
    >
    >




  8. #8
    Jimmy
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860



    JDa™ wrote:
    > My God, 380.00 No way, 249.00 at Nextelonline.com after 50.00 mail
    > in rebate.


    Like I mentioned that price is only if you agree to renew for another two
    years. Otherwise they want $500.00.

    J.





  9. #9
    Jimmy
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860



    1badss wrote:
    > when the guy above stated that his dealer did not recommend the phone
    > because it had reception issues I think he was speaking of the i830.
    > The i860 which you are refering to has no reception issues that I am
    > aware of. The i830 does and it has very poor battery life but the
    > i860 gets very similar batter life as the i730. The i860 is $249
    > with a contract extension, if that is what you want to do it is your
    > best bet, unless you see some reason why you would cancel the service
    > in the near future.


    I am in my first year with Nextel and cells are not necessary to sustain my
    lifestyle. Especially at the cost of a $500 deposit and agree to TWO years
    without any real trial period along with the outrageous price of these
    phones to begin with. Not to mention the over price rip-off i730 that needed
    an up grade just to get it to work right. This whole Nextel contract was a
    gift to a special person. I am not in a hurry to submit to a ransom demand
    to replace a broken phone with a practice as such that is unheard of in any
    other market. I already pay well over $100 per for service and one would
    think a reduced rate would be a nice way to treat an already contracted
    customer. This alone would make me a bit sour about add more time to a
    company that shows no care about anything but their bottom line. $249.00
    isn't way bad but $500 is a bit over the top don't you think? No matter how
    much fine print you read before signing on these details don't appear to be
    visible. Not to mention that other fact of more phones with lousy reception.
    Is there really any incentive for them to do something righteous? I don't
    think so as long as people don't seem to mind these practices.

    J.





  10. #10
    Al Klein
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 22:51:39 GMT, "Jimmy" <[email protected]> said
    in alt.cellular.nextel:

    >I don't feel comfortable with a two year contract to begin with the way things
    >happen so quickly these days


    If you buy a Nextel phone you're locking yourself into using Nextel.
    There's no such thing as unlocking a Nextel phone and taking it to
    another carrier. (Unless you're moving to Canada, maybe.)



  11. #11
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    In message <[email protected]> "WKR"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Shop around.Amazon.com has it for $380..just for phone.I have seen and used
    >the i860 ,no complaint except it is still bulky,but it has the iDen
    >components in it,hard to make phones smaller I guess.


    Have you compared the reception and/or battery life to the i730 (With
    the fix, if possible -- It made a big difference here)

    --
    Nobody ever lost money underestimating the human intelligence.
    -- P.T.Barnum



  12. #12
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    In message <[email protected]> 1badss
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >when the guy above stated that his dealer did not recommend the phone
    >because it had reception issues I think he was speaking of the i830.
    >The i860 which you are refering to has no reception issues that I am
    >aware of. The i830 does and it has very poor battery life but the i860
    >gets very similar batter life as the i730. The i860 is $249 with a
    >contract extension, if that is what you want to do it is your best bet,
    >unless you see some reason why you would cancel the service in the near
    >future.


    Actually, you might be right. I checked my email and it was the i860 we
    were talking about, but I suspect it was the i830 that he was thinking
    of as the i860 isn't all that tiny.


    --
    Nobody ever lost money underestimating the human intelligence.
    -- P.T.Barnum



  13. #13
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    In message <[email protected]> Al Klein
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>I don't feel comfortable with a two year contract to begin with the way things
    >>happen so quickly these days

    >
    >If you buy a Nextel phone you're locking yourself into using Nextel.
    >There's no such thing as unlocking a Nextel phone and taking it to
    >another carrier. (Unless you're moving to Canada, maybe.)


    Boost (although they only use Nextel's network)


    --
    Nobody ever lost money underestimating the human intelligence.
    -- P.T.Barnum



  14. #14
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    > Boost (although they only use Nextel's network)


    Southern Linc, a Nextel affiliate in the Southeast (again, they use Nextel's
    network)



    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / [email protected]
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.



  15. #15
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Went to buy the i860

    In message <[email protected]> Steve Sobol
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> Boost (although they only use Nextel's network)

    >
    >Southern Linc, a Nextel affiliate in the Southeast (again, they use Nextel's
    >network)


    Forgot about them...


    --
    "NEWS SERVERS ARE NOT POWER BY HAMSTERS"
    -- rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski



  • Phones Discussed Above

    Motorola i860 More Motorola i860 topics Motorola Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast