Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Breck Fontaine
    Guest
    Hello,

    Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip? I
    think it goes onto the gold colored shield on the board. I just don't
    know if I should stick it anyplace or at a certain spot on the shield.
    Or, if there was a link to a picture that would help too. Any help
    would be appreciated.

    Thanks!


    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:21:58 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com






    See More: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip




  2. #2
    Breck Fontaine
    Guest

    Re: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip - clip.gif (0/1)

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:21:58 -0400, Breck Fontaine

    I added a picture of the shield. Anyones help in telling me where to
    position the clip would be appreciated.

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    > Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip? I
    >think it goes onto the gold colored shield on the board. I just don't
    >know if I should stick it anyplace or at a certain spot on the shield.
    >Or, if there was a link to a picture that would help too. Any help
    >would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >
    >---
    >avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    >Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    >Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:21:58 AM
    >avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    >http://www.avast.com
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >---
    >avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
    >Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    >Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:22:14 AM
    >avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    >http://www.avast.com
    >
    >




    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:27:22 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com






  3. #3
    Breck Fontaine
    Guest

    Re: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip - clip.gif (0/1)

    On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:21:58 -0400, Breck Fontaine
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    > Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip? I
    >think it goes onto the gold colored shield on the board. I just don't
    >know if I should stick it anyplace or at a certain spot on the shield.
    >Or, if there was a link to a picture that would help too. Any help
    >would be appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >
    >---
    >avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    >Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    >Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:21:58 AM
    >avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    >http://www.avast.com
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >---
    >avast! Antivirus: Inbound message clean.
    >Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    >Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:22:14 AM
    >avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    >http://www.avast.com
    >
    >




    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    Tested on: 5/4/2005 11:28:21 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com






  4. #4
    Thomas
    Guest

    Re: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip

    FYI............The grounding clip does not work. It is like the old antenna
    boosters sticky that you used to add to you phone for better reception.

    "Neon Knight" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Breck Fontaine <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> Could someone help me with where to place the grounding clip?

    >
    > I tried emailing you the Motorola document that shows where to put the
    > ground clip, but the email bounced back. I sent it to your address
    > listed in this post.






  5. #5
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip

    In message <[email protected]> "Thomas"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >FYI............The grounding clip does not work. It is like the old antenna
    >boosters sticky that you used to add to you phone for better reception.


    That is not correct. You wouldn't see Motorola+Nextel doing it at no
    charge (in other words, at their expense) if that were the case.

    Not all phones suffered from the flaw, so in some cases it won't help,
    but in many cases it definitely will help.

    I noticed a huge improvement -- And to prove it wasn't a placebo effect,
    I was aware of the issue, but I wasn't aware my phone had the clip
    applied (it went in for a different reason and as far as my dealer and I
    knew the fix only applied to Motorola phones, not TELUS phones)


    --
    Never try to extort more than it would cost to have you killed.



  6. #6
    Thomas
    Guest

    Re: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip

    I am a 1st and 2nd Echleon Motorola Repair Tech. that use to work in a
    Authorized Service Center before I went over to Engineering. We put
    countless number of these in and in some cases told people that they were
    already installed when they actually wasn't. But yet all claimed that helped
    with signal level, even with the one's we didn't install it in...Mind of
    matter. Anyways...We have completed bench level testing with a Motorola 2600
    "this is the actual test equipment that is used to check a radio with at
    Motorola" and there was no notice increase in signal reception with or
    without the ground clip in the phone.
    I am not trying to be a no it all by any means on this. If will make you
    feel better by all means install it. If you are not sure where to put it let
    me know and I will give you the place where Motorola says to.
    "DevilsPGD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In message <[email protected]> "Thomas"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>FYI............The grounding clip does not work. It is like the old
    >>antenna
    >>boosters sticky that you used to add to you phone for better reception.

    >
    > That is not correct. You wouldn't see Motorola+Nextel doing it at no
    > charge (in other words, at their expense) if that were the case.
    >
    > Not all phones suffered from the flaw, so in some cases it won't help,
    > but in many cases it definitely will help.
    >
    > I noticed a huge improvement -- And to prove it wasn't a placebo effect,
    > I was aware of the issue, but I wasn't aware my phone had the clip
    > applied (it went in for a different reason and as far as my dealer and I
    > knew the fix only applied to Motorola phones, not TELUS phones)
    >
    >
    > --
    > Never try to extort more than it would cost to have you killed.






  7. #7
    DevilsPGD
    Guest

    Re: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip

    In message <[email protected]> "Thomas"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am a 1st and 2nd Echleon Motorola Repair Tech. that use to work in a
    >Authorized Service Center before I went over to Engineering. We put
    >countless number of these in and in some cases told people that they were
    >already installed when they actually wasn't. But yet all claimed that helped
    >with signal level, even with the one's we didn't install it in...Mind of
    >matter. Anyways...We have completed bench level testing with a Motorola 2600
    >"this is the actual test equipment that is used to check a radio with at
    >Motorola" and there was no notice increase in signal reception with or
    >without the ground clip in the phone.
    >I am not trying to be a no it all by any means on this. If will make you
    >feel better by all means install it. If you are not sure where to put it let
    >me know and I will give you the place where Motorola says to.


    Well perhaps -- But I noticed an improvement, and only later determined
    that I had the clip installed (My phone had been in for an unrelated
    fix)

    The only real improvement I've noticed is that I haven't dropped a
    single call since the clip was installed. I might have slightly better
    signal strength in my house, but I believe that's a placebo effect.

    --
    Oh well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.



  8. #8
    Breck Fontaine
    Guest

    Re: Nextel i730 Grounding Clip

    Thanks for everyones help. The email address is not valid it is for
    spammers. My email address that I don't use that often is
    [email protected] I installed the clip the way that I thought was
    correct. I placed the clip on the shield with the jagged part going to
    the right ( into the board rather than away or the the edge of the
    board. It seemed to actually help the reception. But then again I am
    using a i730A model phone which for some areas the reception is not
    that great (unlike the i730T). I think I am going to sell the phone.
    It is a shame because I just installed the phone in a nice black
    inkjet housing with a black inner panel flip and a laser cut black
    keypad (waste of my damn money). I was hoping that Nextel or Motorla
    would come out with another version of IDEN software/firmware so that
    I could test it before I would consider selling it. I am using the
    version 9. Thanks to everyone for your help.

    On Thu, 05 May 2005 21:32:36 -0600, DevilsPGD <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >In message <[email protected]> "Thomas"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I am a 1st and 2nd Echleon Motorola Repair Tech. that use to work in a
    >>Authorized Service Center before I went over to Engineering. We put
    >>countless number of these in and in some cases told people that they were
    >>already installed when they actually wasn't. But yet all claimed that helped
    >>with signal level, even with the one's we didn't install it in...Mind of
    >>matter. Anyways...We have completed bench level testing with a Motorola 2600
    >>"this is the actual test equipment that is used to check a radio with at
    >>Motorola" and there was no notice increase in signal reception with or
    >>without the ground clip in the phone.
    >>I am not trying to be a no it all by any means on this. If will make you
    >>feel better by all means install it. If you are not sure where to put it let
    >>me know and I will give you the place where Motorola says to.

    >
    >Well perhaps -- But I noticed an improvement, and only later determined
    >that I had the clip installed (My phone had been in for an unrelated
    >fix)
    >
    >The only real improvement I've noticed is that I haven't dropped a
    >single call since the clip was installed. I might have slightly better
    >signal strength in my house, but I believe that's a placebo effect.




    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
    Tested on: 5/6/2005 9:05:39 AM
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2004 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com






  • Phones Discussed Above

    Motorola i730 / i733 More Motorola i730 / i733 topics Motorola Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads