Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Ade
    Guest
    Is there any way to record conversations with the warning BEEP in the
    background?? I KNOW it'd PROBABLY be illegal but SOMETIMES it's good to have
    record of something said over the phone





    See More: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230




  2. #2
    Bales1983 (Lee Bales)
    Guest

    Re: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230

    Ade wrote:
    > Is there any way to record conversations with the warning BEEP in the
    > background?? I KNOW it'd PROBABLY be illegal but SOMETIMES it's good to have
    > record of something said over the phone
    >
    >


    Hi,

    I don't think it is possible, as you say, im not certain but i think it
    would be illegal to record without informing the caller, therefore the
    beep is a reminder the call is being recorded.

    Lee

    --
    www.leebales.co.uk - Under Construction



  3. #3
    Ade
    Guest

    Re: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230

    Or MAYBE a reminder "my battery is running out...honest" There;s only so
    many times I can use that excuse though!





  4. #4
    Ƨ
    Guest

    Re: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:45:15 GMT, "Ade" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Is there any way to record conversations with the warning BEEP in the
    >background?? I KNOW it'd PROBABLY be illegal but SOMETIMES it's good to have
    >record of something said over the phone
    >


    No, sadly not. Nor can you record conversations directly to the MMC
    card, which is a big disappointment as you're limited to recording a
    maximum of a 3- minute conversation using the handset's own chip.

    The beep used to be a legal requirement to ensure no-one could be
    recorded without their knowledge. This requirement has been removed
    in the UK, but maybe has been retained by the phone manufacturers to
    satisfy the regulations of other countries.



  5. #5
    R.M
    Guest

    Re: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230

    Bales1983 (Lee Bales) wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I don't think it is possible, as you say, im not certain but i think it
    > would be illegal to record without informing the caller, therefore the
    > beep is a reminder the call is being recorded.
    >
    > Lee
    >


    Its not a legal requirement in the United States to notify a person that
    you are recording their phone call. However, when it comes to a court,
    it harder to submit recordings as evidence if the person wasn't
    notified, but many judges will still allow it. It is NOT Illegal to
    record someone without their knowledge.

    I can only guess that the reason the "beep" is put on the phone is to
    comply with some other country's laws. On a side note, if you try to
    record a voice mail message on Cingular's voice mail, it will stop the
    playback if it hears that "beep". I wonder if that has anything to do
    with it.




  6. #6
    Kevin I Chapple
    Guest

    Re: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230

    For those in the group that areinterested:-

    Check out....

    http://www.ccma.org.uk/Articles/recording_calls.htm

    and various links on that page.





    "Ƨ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:45:15 GMT, "Ade" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is there any way to record conversations with the warning BEEP in the
    > >background?? I KNOW it'd PROBABLY be illegal but SOMETIMES it's good to

    have
    > >record of something said over the phone
    > >

    >
    > No, sadly not. Nor can you record conversations directly to the MMC
    > card, which is a big disappointment as you're limited to recording a
    > maximum of a 3- minute conversation using the handset's own chip.
    >
    > The beep used to be a legal requirement to ensure no-one could be
    > recorded without their knowledge. This requirement has been removed
    > in the UK, but maybe has been retained by the phone manufacturers to
    > satisfy the regulations of other countries.
    >






  7. #7
    a_dude
    Guest

    Re: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230

    yes u can record directly to an mmc, but only some mmcs work..(something to
    do with the data trasnfer rates)

    cheers

    "Kevin I Chapple" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > For those in the group that areinterested:-
    >
    > Check out....
    >
    > http://www.ccma.org.uk/Articles/recording_calls.htm
    >
    > and various links on that page.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Ƨ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:45:15 GMT, "Ade" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is there any way to record conversations with the warning BEEP in the
    >> >background?? I KNOW it'd PROBABLY be illegal but SOMETIMES it's good to

    > have
    >> >record of something said over the phone
    >> >

    >>
    >> No, sadly not. Nor can you record conversations directly to the MMC
    >> card, which is a big disappointment as you're limited to recording a
    >> maximum of a 3- minute conversation using the handset's own chip.
    >>
    >> The beep used to be a legal requirement to ensure no-one could be
    >> recorded without their knowledge. This requirement has been removed
    >> in the UK, but maybe has been retained by the phone manufacturers to
    >> satisfy the regulations of other countries.
    >>

    >
    >






  8. #8
    Sam Lowry
    Guest

    Re: Record Calls WITHOUT the beep...Nokia 6230

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:53:57 +1000, a_dude wrote:

    > yes u can record directly to an mmc, but only some mmcs work..(something to
    > do with the data trasnfer rates)


    I can record direct to the MMC, but only for the standard three mins (just
    tested it).

    -SL



  • Phones Discussed Above

    Nokia 6230 More Nokia 6230 topics Nokia Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads