Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    UrKo
    Guest
    Hi all

    Can i update the firmware myself on the n70?

    UrKo






    See More: N70 firmware




  2. #2
    Simon Templar
    Guest

    Re: N70 firmware

    UrKo wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Can i update the firmware myself on the n70?
    >
    > UrKo


    YES... By taking it to your nearest Nokia Care Centre!


    --
    The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may
    belong to.

    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
    http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/cl...IENT_NO=157452




  3. #3
    UrKo
    Guest

    Re: N70 firmware

    Vodafne UK say that it can be downloaded from the nokia website but i cant
    find it

    Any ideas on that.

    How much to get it done in a care cntre?

    Thanx for the reply

    UrKo
    "Simon Templar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > UrKo wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> Can i update the firmware myself on the n70?
    >>
    >> UrKo

    >
    > YES... By taking it to your nearest Nokia Care Centre!
    >
    >
    > --
    > The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may
    > belong to.
    >
    > 73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
    > http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/cl...IENT_NO=157452
    >







  4. #4
    Simon Templar
    Guest

    Re: N70 firmware

    UrKo wrote:
    > Vodafne UK say that it can be downloaded from the nokia website but i cant
    > find it
    >
    > Any ideas on that.
    >
    > How much to get it done in a care cntre?
    >
    > Thanx for the reply


    Sounds to me like the sales moron at Vodafone UK was talking through his
    arse to get the sale. You can download Nokia PC Suite, some
    applications and games on the Nokia website but not Firmware.

    Provided your phone is still under warranty a Nokia Care Centre should
    not charge for the firmware upgrade.


    --
    The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may
    belong to.

    73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
    http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/cl...IENT_NO=157452



  5. #5
    Jean-Yves Avenard
    Guest

    Re: N70 firmware

    UrKo wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > Can i update the firmware myself on the n70?
    >

    yes you can.

    Follow the instruction there:
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15

    quite easy to do...
    You'll need to find the firmware for the N70 though, which isn't too hard

    JY



  6. #6
    Richard Colton
    Guest

    Re: N70 firmware


    "UrKo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Vodafne UK say that it can be downloaded from the nokia website


    Then they're clueless.

    > but i cant find it


    That'd be because it's not there. It is present on the Nokia Carepoint
    site, but unless you're an official service centre you won't have access to
    that.

    > Any ideas on that.


    Yep, sales droids are usually pretty clueless when it comes to technical
    info and will lie rather than find out what the actual position is.

    > How much to get it done in a care cntre?


    Providing it's under warranty (and that you've got a better reason than "I
    want a later firmware"), it should be free of charge.

    > Thanx for the reply


    You can upgrade the firmware yourself, but you need the right equipment to
    do it (and it isn't cheap). To DIY you'll need something like UFS (have a
    look at the GSM-Solutions site in my sig) and will need to learn how to use
    it.

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>
    <<< www.thephonelocker.co.uk >>>
    <<< www.gsm-solutions.co.uk >>>





  7. #7
    C Kreskay
    Guest

    Re: N70 firmware

    Quoth The Raven; Jean-Yves Avenard <[email protected]> in
    <[email protected]>
    > UrKo wrote:
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> Can i update the firmware myself on the n70?
    >>

    > yes you can.
    >
    > Follow the instruction there:
    > http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&page=1&pp=15
    >
    > quite easy to do...
    > You'll need to find the firmware for the N70 though, which isn't too
    > hard
    > JY


    excelent thread, thanks!

    --
    Remove the _CURSING to reply to me

    "I don't do drugs anymore 'cause I find I get the same effect just by
    standing up really fast."





  • Phones Discussed Above

    Nokia N70 More Nokia N70 topics Nokia Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads