Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    siNist3r
    Guest
    any advice which is better?

    N70 or N80?

    or any other CELPHONES, BRANDS which much better...


    thanks,





    See More: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80




  2. #2
    Mark Hall
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80

    I have the N73 and my mam has the N80

    the only thing better in the N80 than the N73 is that the n80 has wifi.

    the n73 has way better performance than the n80
    its newer than the n80
    it has a better screen resolution than the n80
    and its batery last 4x longer than the n80

    my mam has to charge her batery every night where as i charge it about every
    4 days

    nokia had to release a program for the n80 which speeds up the txt message
    sendin because after the first couple of weeks it gets very slow. (the
    program is available from the official n80 website)

    well i hope you make the right decision

    gud look



    "siNist3r" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    any advice which is better?

    N70 or N80?

    or any other CELPHONES, BRANDS which much better...


    thanks,






  3. #3
    BT News
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80

    Mark Hall wrote:
    > I have the N73 and my mam has the N80
    >
    > the only thing better in the N80 than the N73 is that the n80 has wifi.
    >
    > the n73 has way better performance than the n80


    Not that much difference with the latest firmware.

    > its newer than the n80


    New, doesn't always mean better.

    > it has a better screen resolution than the n80


    No its doesn't Screen resolution of N80 is way better than N73.

    >
    > my mam has to charge her batery every night where as i charge it about every
    > 4 days


    I can get 2 days easy from N80, N73 about 3 to 4 days.

    > nokia had to release a program for the n80 which speeds up the txt message
    > sendin because after the first couple of weeks it gets very slow. (the
    > program is available from the official n80 website)


    Same for the N73 aswell.



  4. #4
    Hrvoje
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80


    "BT News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Mark Hall wrote:
    >> I have the N73 and my mam has the N80
    >>
    >> the only thing better in the N80 than the N73 is that the n80 has wifi.
    >>
    >> the n73 has way better performance than the n80

    >
    > Not that much difference with the latest firmware.
    >
    >> its newer than the n80

    >
    > New, doesn't always mean better.
    >
    >> it has a better screen resolution than the n80

    >
    > No its doesn't Screen resolution of N80 is way better than N73.
    >
    >>
    >> my mam has to charge her batery every night where as i charge it about
    >> every 4 days

    >
    > I can get 2 days easy from N80, N73 about 3 to 4 days.
    >
    >> nokia had to release a program for the n80 which speeds up the txt
    >> message sendin because after the first couple of weeks it gets very slow.
    >> (the program is available from the official n80 website)

    >
    > Same for the N73 aswell.


    I only wanna comment the screen resolution. N80 is THE FIRST cell I've seen
    with such tiny pixels, the resoultion is wacky (meaning awesome), so unless
    N73 uses the same screen it cannot have higher resolution. I know that N70
    uses the old LCD with normal resolution.





  5. #5
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80

    "Hrvoje" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > "BT News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Mark Hall wrote:
    >>> I have the N73 and my mam has the N80
    >>>
    >>> the only thing better in the N80 than the N73 is that the n80 has wifi.
    >>>
    >>> the n73 has way better performance than the n80

    >>
    >> Not that much difference with the latest firmware.
    >>
    >>> its newer than the n80

    >>
    >> New, doesn't always mean better.
    >>
    >>> it has a better screen resolution than the n80

    >>
    >> No its doesn't Screen resolution of N80 is way better than N73.
    >>
    >>>
    >>> my mam has to charge her batery every night where as i charge it about
    >>> every 4 days

    >>
    >> I can get 2 days easy from N80, N73 about 3 to 4 days.
    >>
    >>> nokia had to release a program for the n80 which speeds up the txt
    >>> message sendin because after the first couple of weeks it gets very
    >>> slow. (the program is available from the official n80 website)

    >>
    >> Same for the N73 aswell.

    >
    > I only wanna comment the screen resolution. N80 is THE FIRST cell I've
    > seen with such tiny pixels, the resoultion is wacky (meaning awesome), so
    > unless N73 uses the same screen it cannot have higher resolution. I know
    > that N70 uses the old LCD with normal resolution.

    I think you all are wrong ;-) According to nokia.com, N80 has the same
    display as E70, so it is not the FIRST cell phone with this brilliant
    display (well, I guess Hrvoje only claimed it being the first such display
    he/she has seen). But yes, the N80 display resolution is better than that of
    the N73:
    240x320 pixels versus 352x416 pixels

    I've seen the E70 and it really is an amazing display.





  6. #6
    BT News
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80

    Anonymous wrote:
    > I think you all are wrong ;-) According to nokia.com, N80 has the same
    > display as E70, so it is not the FIRST cell phone with this brilliant
    > display (well, I guess Hrvoje only claimed it being the first such display
    > he/she has seen). But yes, the N80 display resolution is better than that of
    > the N73:
    > 240x320 pixels versus 352x416 pixels
    >
    > I've seen the E70 and it really is an amazing display.
    >
    >


    Well if you want the facts then N90 was the First phone with that
    display and N80 is the last one



  7. #7
    Anonymous
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80

    "BT News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anonymous wrote:
    > > I think you all are wrong ;-) According to nokia.com, N80 has the same
    >> display as E70, so it is not the FIRST cell phone with this brilliant
    >> display (well, I guess Hrvoje only claimed it being the first such
    >> display he/she has seen). But yes, the N80 display resolution is better
    >> than that of the N73:
    >> 240x320 pixels versus 352x416 pixels
    >>
    >> I've seen the E70 and it really is an amazing display.

    >
    > Well if you want the facts then N90 was the First phone with that display
    > and N80 is the last one

    Who claimed E70 was the first phone with that display? Myself I claimed that
    N80 was not the first, proven by E70 being there first, to me it doesn't
    read out as E70 would definitely be the first. Don't know which one came
    first, if you say N90, I'm perfectly fine with that, you did give us a fact.
    But how on earth you know N80 will be the last one? I thought it was the
    latest one ;-)





  8. #8
    BT News
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80

    Anonymous wrote:
    >
    > Who claimed E70 was the first phone with that display? Myself I claimed that
    > N80 was not the first, proven by E70 being there first, to me it doesn't
    > read out as E70 would definitely be the first. Don't know which one came
    > first, if you say N90, I'm perfectly fine with that, you did give us a fact.
    > But how on earth you know N80 will be the last one? I thought it was the
    > latest one ;-)
    >


    N80 was available before E70.

    No other phone has been announced with that display, and Nokia is no
    longer supporting that display in S60 FP1. Hence there will not be any
    other phones with it.



  9. #9
    Hrvoje
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80


    "BT News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anonymous wrote:
    >>
    >> Who claimed E70 was the first phone with that display? Myself I claimed
    >> that N80 was not the first, proven by E70 being there first, to me it
    >> doesn't read out as E70 would definitely be the first. Don't know which
    >> one came first, if you say N90, I'm perfectly fine with that, you did
    >> give us a fact. But how on earth you know N80 will be the last one? I
    >> thought it was the latest one ;-)

    >
    > N80 was available before E70.
    >
    > No other phone has been announced with that display, and Nokia is no
    > longer supporting that display in S60 FP1. Hence there will not be any
    > other phones with it.


    I don't get it. But when they make a new version of any expensive series I'm
    sure it will use this display, or better. I'm sure they won't go back. This
    will set the standard for high end phones. It's gotta be much more expensive
    so they won't put it on cheap models.





  10. #10
    For example: John Smith
    Guest

    Re: NOKIA N73 or NOKIA N80

    Hrvoje wrote:
    > "BT News" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Anonymous wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Who claimed E70 was the first phone with that display? Myself I
    >>> claimed that N80 was not the first, proven by E70 being there
    >>> first, to me it doesn't read out as E70 would definitely be the
    >>> first. Don't know which one came first, if you say N90, I'm
    >>> perfectly fine with that, you did give us a fact. But how on earth
    >>> you know N80 will be the last one? I thought it was the latest one
    >>> ;-)

    >>
    >> N80 was available before E70.
    >>
    >> No other phone has been announced with that display, and Nokia is no
    >> longer supporting that display in S60 FP1. Hence there will not be
    >> any other phones with it.

    >
    > I don't get it. But when they make a new version of any expensive
    > series I'm sure it will use this display, or better. I'm sure they
    > won't go back. This will set the standard for high end phones. It's
    > gotta be much more expensive so they won't put it on cheap models.


    Nope.
    They've finished with 416 x 352 in favour of VGA multiples - so developers
    can program for VGA scalability.
    Hence 640 x 480 (VGA) , 480 x 320 (HVGA), 320 x 240 (QVGA) will be the
    norm - and (eventually) upwards to SVGA and who knows, even QSXGA (2560 X
    2048)





  • Phones Discussed Above

    Nokia N80 More Nokia N80 topics Nokia Forum Reviews
    Nokia N73 Black More Nokia N73 Black topics Nokia Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads

    1. General Service Provider Forum
    2. alt.cellular.nokia