Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 91
  1. #1
    Oxford
    Guest
    Okay, finally AT&T has posted the list of where you can (try) and get an
    iPhone. Rumor is the highest volume sales stores will be allocated the
    most, but there are only 3 million to be had over the first few days, so
    it's going to be tough to get one.

    Good Luck!

    http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/

    http://www.wireless.att.com/iphone/



    See More: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.




  2. #2
    Larry
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    Oxford <[email protected]> wrote in news:colalovesmacs-
    [email protected]:

    > http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/


    "Maintenance In Progress
    Wireless from AT&T is continually working to improve our internet site
    for our customers. As part of this ongoing effort, we are currently doing
    maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask that you please
    try back again later.

    Should you require immediate assistance, please call:

    1-800-331-0500"

    Wow...it crashed already!

    Larry
    --
    http://www.spp.gov/
    The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP




  3. #3
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    Larry <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/

    >
    > "Maintenance In Progress
    > Wireless from AT&T is continually working to improve our internet site
    > for our customers. As part of this ongoing effort, we are currently doing
    > maintenance. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask that you please
    > try back again later.
    >
    > Should you require immediate assistance, please call:
    >
    > 1-800-331-0500"
    >
    > Wow...it crashed already!
    >
    > Larry


    Too FUNNY... I had a little trouble with their main link before I posted
    it... but thought it was on my end... but simply knowing it was the
    "official" source it didn't matter... but now to learn that even ATT can
    keep up is funny on a major scale.

    If this is the case with a simple website/database, just think of the
    chaos at their stores on Friday. Wow, it really shows how poorly Cell
    Companies are run.

    Computer World... Welcome to the Cell World... "maintenance in
    progress", what a complete joke to computer people, you know Steve is
    flying in "real" engineers to fix this problem at this very moment.

    ATT can't handle Apple's popularity, hate to say it, but I told them so!



  4. #4
    BruceR
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    Hey, Cool! It works just like the iPOD I tried - it froze my PC! After
    my experience with an iPOD Mini I'd be VERY hesitant to do business with
    Apple ever again. It worked almost 3 weeks before having to return it 4
    times before they finally replaced it. The replacement never saw the
    light of day at my house. I sold the sealed box replacement on ebay the
    day it arrived.

    Oxford wrote:
    > Okay, finally AT&T has posted the list of where you can (try) and get
    > an iPhone. Rumor is the highest volume sales stores will be allocated
    > the most, but there are only 3 million to be had over the first few
    > days, so it's going to be tough to get one.
    >
    > Good Luck!
    >
    > http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/
    >
    > http://www.wireless.att.com/iphone/






  5. #5
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    "BruceR" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Hey, Cool! It works just like the iPOD I tried - it froze my PC! After
    > my experience with an iPOD Mini I'd be VERY hesitant to do business with
    > Apple ever again. It worked almost 3 weeks before having to return it 4
    > times before they finally replaced it. The replacement never saw the
    > light of day at my house. I sold the sealed box replacement on ebay the
    > day it arrived.


    but your are forgetting the iPod didn't have anything to do with your
    problem, you were still trying to use a PC. please learn how modern tech
    works and where the problems actually occur.

    the iPod was perfect, your system wasn't, so you need to move up to a
    Mac then you'll be fine. Windows just can't handle modern tech, that's
    all.

    Oh, and don't TOP POST on usenet, it makes you look like a further fool.

    -



  6. #6
    MuahMan
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.


    "BruceR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Hey, Cool! It works just like the iPOD I tried - it froze my PC! After my
    > experience with an iPOD Mini I'd be VERY hesitant to do business with
    > Apple ever again. It worked almost 3 weeks before having to return it 4
    > times before they finally replaced it. The replacement never saw the light
    > of day at my house. I sold the sealed box replacement on ebay the day it
    > arrived.
    >
    > Oxford wrote:
    >> Okay, finally AT&T has posted the list of where you can (try) and get
    >> an iPhone. Rumor is the highest volume sales stores will be allocated
    >> the most, but there are only 3 million to be had over the first few
    >> days, so it's going to be tough to get one.
    >>
    >> Good Luck!
    >>
    >> http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/
    >>
    >> http://www.wireless.att.com/iphone/

    >
    >

    Mine didn't lock my PC but the battery is only good for a few minutes. iPods
    are garbage!




  7. #7
    SoCalCommie
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    I doubt if there's 3 million idiots who would 'line up' to buy this
    over hyped piece of crap. Sure, there are those under endowed fools
    who thing this cool thing will get them laid (and they'll run out and
    buy one) or those with far too much disposable income that have to
    keep up with the Jones, but beyond that it's just another toy for
    idiots! If there are 3 million idiots willing to part with $500 I'd
    love to take a piece of that action. **** CRAPPLE!

    SoCalCommie

    "The difference between patriotism and nationalism is that the patriot
    is proud of his country for what it does, and the nationalist is proud
    of his country no matter what it does; the first attitude creates a
    feeling of responsibility, but the second a feeling of blind arrogance
    that leads to war." - Sidney J. Harris

    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Okay, finally AT&T has posted the list of where you can (try) and

    get an
    > iPhone. Rumor is the highest volume sales stores will be allocated

    the
    > most, but there are only 3 million to be had over the first few

    days, so
    > it's going to be tough to get one.
    >
    > Good Luck!
    >
    > http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/
    >
    > http://www.wireless.att.com/iphone/






  8. #8
    Richard Colton
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.


    "Oxford" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]..
    > Okay, finally


    <fanboi drivel snipped>

    Any chance you could crosspost to a few more disintersted groups next time?

    FU's set.

    --
    <<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
    <<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>
    <<< www.thephonelocker.co.uk >>>
    <<< www.gsm-solutions.co.uk >>>





  9. #9
    BruceR
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.



    Oxford wrote:
    > "BruceR" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Hey, Cool! It works just like the iPOD I tried - it froze my PC!
    >> After my experience with an iPOD Mini I'd be VERY hesitant to do
    >> business with Apple ever again. It worked almost 3 weeks before
    >> having to return it 4 times before they finally replaced it. The
    >> replacement never saw the light of day at my house. I sold the
    >> sealed box replacement on ebay the day it arrived.

    >
    > but your are forgetting the iPod didn't have anything to do with your
    > problem, you were still trying to use a PC. please learn how modern
    > tech works and where the problems actually occur.
    >
    > the iPod was perfect, your system wasn't, so you need to move up to a
    > Mac then you'll be fine. Windows just can't handle modern tech, that's
    > all.
    >
    > Oh, and don't TOP POST on usenet, it makes you look like a further
    > fool.
    >


    Well Oxford, explain to me how a battery that wouldn't hold a charge for
    more than 24 hours while turned off relates to the fact I use a PC.

    While you're at it can you also explain how the fact that it took 4
    returns and 6 calls to get Apple to finally "fix" the bad battery
    problem by sending a new unit relates to my using a PC?

    The iPOD was anything BUT perfect... it had a defective battery and
    that's why they had to replace it (of course, if the brilliant Apple
    designers had added a battery door I could have just popped in a new
    battery but I guess having an easily replaceable battery isn't "modern
    tech" - just practical).

    Whether a Dual Core Intel PC or Apple machine is better is a subject
    for another time and place (as is top vs bottom posting). But based on
    my experience with Apple service I'll stick with my Sony PC, Sensa MP3.

    Apple has beautiful if not always practical designs and there is no
    taking away from the their marketing prowess with the iPOD and the
    iPhone and even some of their computer designs. But after such a
    horrendous experience with their service deptartment I'll just have to
    pass.





  10. #10
    BruceR
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.



    MuahMan wrote:
    > "BruceR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Hey, Cool! It works just like the iPOD I tried - it froze my PC!
    >> After my experience with an iPOD Mini I'd be VERY hesitant to do
    >> business with Apple ever again. It worked almost 3 weeks before
    >> having to return it 4 times before they finally replaced it. The
    >> replacement never saw the light of day at my house. I sold the
    >> sealed box replacement on ebay the day it arrived.
    >>
    >> Oxford wrote:
    >>> Okay, finally AT&T has posted the list of where you can (try) and
    >>> get an iPhone. Rumor is the highest volume sales stores will be
    >>> allocated the most, but there are only 3 million to be had over the
    >>> first few days, so it's going to be tough to get one.
    >>>
    >>> Good Luck!
    >>>
    >>> http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/
    >>>
    >>> http://www.wireless.att.com/iphone/

    >>
    >>

    > Mine didn't lock my PC but the battery is only good for a few
    > minutes. iPods are garbage!


    Mine was a battery problem too (see response to Oxford). They finally
    realized it on the 4 try. My Sensa MP3 player sounds great and runs 14
    hours on a AAA battery. When it dies I pop a new one in in a few
    seconds.





  11. #11
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    "BruceR" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Oh, and don't TOP POST on usenet, it makes you look like a further
    > > fool.
    > >

    >
    > Well Oxford, explain to me how a battery that wouldn't hold a charge for
    > more than 24 hours while turned off relates to the fact I use a PC.


    Because of the implementation of USB on some PC's it's dicey at best.
    You tried to connect a high quality product (the iPod) to a low end
    device (a PC) so it's clear the PC was at fault here. What brand of PC
    was it?

    > While you're at it can you also explain how the fact that it took 4
    > returns and 6 calls to get Apple to finally "fix" the bad battery
    > problem by sending a new unit relates to my using a PC?


    But that wasn't related to Apple, they sent you 4 different iPods? and
    the (3,5 one worked) or did you get a new PC / plug it into a different
    USB port in the meantime?

    Either way, why people continue to beat themselves up with PC's is
    beyond reason. Get a Mac and live a better life.

    > The iPOD was anything BUT perfect... it had a defective battery and
    > that's why they had to replace it (of course, if the brilliant Apple
    > designers had added a battery door I could have just popped in a new
    > battery but I guess having an easily replaceable battery isn't "modern
    > tech" - just practical).


    Replacing a battery on the iPod is easy, but adding a door would created
    consumer quality issues. iPod batteries last a LONG time. 3-5 years on
    average, so it's a cheaper, more eco friendly, more reliable way to go
    compared to using old fashioned AA / AAA batteries. Spending $19.95 on 1
    iPod battery sure beats spending $90 for the same power using AA/AAA
    ones, then you always have to worry about running out of power, with an
    iPod, you just plug it into FireWire or USB, done.

    > Whether a Dual Core Intel PC or Apple machine is better is a subject
    > for another time and place (as is top vs bottom posting). But based on
    > my experience with Apple service I'll stick with my Sony PC, Sensa MP3.
    >
    > Apple has beautiful if not always practical designs and there is no
    > taking away from the their marketing prowess with the iPOD and the
    > iPhone and even some of their computer designs. But after such a
    > horrendous experience with their service deptartment I'll just have to
    > pass.


    Was it Apple's service, or somewhere like Compusa? Just curious.



  12. #12
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    "Richard Colton" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Any chance you could crosspost to a few more disintersted groups next time?


    no, everyone that this was posted to was interested. you are just
    jealous that you are locked into another servive plan, that's all.

    you'll get an iPhone at some point. thanks.

    > > Good Luck!
    > >
    > > http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/
    > >
    > > http://www.wireless.att.com/iphone/




  13. #13
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    "SoCalCommie" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I doubt if there's 3 million idiots who would 'line up' to buy this
    > over hyped piece of crap. Sure, there are those under endowed fools
    > who thing this cool thing will get them laid (and they'll run out and
    > buy one) or those with far too much disposable income that have to
    > keep up with the Jones, but beyond that it's just another toy for
    > idiots! If there are 3 million idiots willing to part with $500 I'd
    > love to take a piece of that action. **** CRAPPLE!
    >
    > SoCalCommie


    There aren't 3 million idiots, but 3-20 million smart people that want
    this smart phone. People that demand the very best in life will want the
    iPhone on that first day, you'll get one at some point, but since it
    appears you don't have any income you'll have to wait until a less
    featured model is created for your economic status level.



  14. #14
    News
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    What very colorful flavor KoolAid are they serving today?

    No sane individual willingly pays-to-beta bleeding edge appliances.



    Oxford Fashion Victim wrote:


    > There aren't 3 million idiots, but 3-20 million smart people that want
    > this smart phone. People that demand the very best in life will want the
    > iPhone on that first day




  15. #15
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: AT&T's iPhone Store Locator has been posted.

    witfal <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > There aren't 3 million idiots, but 3-20 million smart people that want
    > > this smart phone. People that demand the very best in life will want the
    > > iPhone on that first day, you'll get one at some point, but since it
    > > appears you don't have any income you'll have to wait until a less
    > > featured model is created for your economic status level.

    >
    > Here's the perfect phone for his ilk:
    > http://tinyurl.com/2h6rou


    yes, people that don't get an iphone will fast be using the "equivalent"
    of that technology. (as seen in the link above) All cell phones outside
    of the iphone become obsolete starting at 6:01pm tomorrow. Nobody will
    have a phone this good for 1/2 a decade at least, so congrats to
    everyone at Apple all the very hard work.

    http://www.apple.com/iphone/



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast