Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75
  1. #1
    Oxford
    Guest
    Apple's relentless march into becoming the No. 1 handset maker continues.

    Apple is now in talks with China Mobile Ltd.

    If this happens it *****s the financial end of Nokia quicker than most
    thought.

    http://snipurl.com/1tlab

    HONG KONG (AP) China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    company's chief executive said Tuesday.

    The companies still need to iron out their differences over revenue
    sharing, Wang Jianzhou told reporters on the sidelines of the GSMA
    Mobile Asia Congress in the Chinese territory of Macau.

    Apple launched its iPhone in the U.S. earlier this year. The Cupertino,
    California-based company has plans to launch the device in Asia in 2008
    and is in talks with various operators in the region. China Mobile is
    China's largest cellphone carrier.

    ---

    Apple has a long history with China, bring the the first laser printers
    to the country and first to offer a China OS.

    Congrats to Apple for making the world a better place.

    -



    See More: Next Up - The iPhone in China




  2. #2
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Oxford wrote:
    > Apple's relentless march into becoming the No. 1 handset maker continues.
    >
    > Apple is now in talks with China Mobile Ltd.
    >
    > If this happens it *****s the financial end of Nokia quicker than most
    > thought.
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/1tlab
    >
    > HONG KONG (AP) China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    > the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    > company's chief executive said Tuesday.
    >
    > The companies still need to iron out their differences over revenue
    > sharing, Wang Jianzhou told reporters on the sidelines of the GSMA
    > Mobile Asia Congress in the Chinese territory of Macau.
    >
    > Apple launched its iPhone in the U.S. earlier this year. The Cupertino,
    > California-based company has plans to launch the device in Asia in 2008
    > and is in talks with various operators in the region. China Mobile is
    > China's largest cellphone carrier.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > Apple has a long history with China, bring the the first laser printers
    > to the country and first to offer a China OS.
    >
    > Congrats to Apple for making the world a better place.
    >
    > -

    answer me this, what does the iPhone have to do with Verizon? Nokia?
    T-Mobile?



  3. #3
    M. MacDonald
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    > HONG KONG (AP)
    > China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    > the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    > company's chief executive said Tuesday.


    I'll bet the Chinese will really appreciate how slow the iPhone will be on
    their network.
    What a joke!

    Mack





  4. #4
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    "M. MacDonald" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > HONG KONG (AP)
    > > China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    > > the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    > > company's chief executive said Tuesday.

    >
    > I'll bet the Chinese will really appreciate how slow the iPhone will be on
    > their network.


    The iPhone 2.4 times faster than the old 3G standard, so they will be
    overjoyed by the advancement.

    Apple now sets the rules for cells, so everyone will be happy!

    -



  5. #5
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Oxford wrote:
    > "M. MacDonald" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>> HONG KONG (AP)
    >>> China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    >>> the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    >>> company's chief executive said Tuesday.

    >> I'll bet the Chinese will really appreciate how slow the iPhone will be on
    >> their network.

    >
    > The iPhone 2.4 times faster than the old 3G standard, so they will be
    > overjoyed by the advancement.
    >
    > Apple now sets the rules for cells, so everyone will be happy!
    >
    > -

    WTF you smoking? The iPhone runs on 2G, which means its SLOWER than 3G



  6. #6
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Jon <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > http://snipurl.com/1tlab
    > >
    > > HONG KONG (AP) China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    > > the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    > > company's chief executive said Tuesday.
    > >
    > > The companies still need to iron out their differences over revenue
    > > sharing, Wang Jianzhou told reporters on the sidelines of the GSMA
    > > Mobile Asia Congress in the Chinese territory of Macau.
    > >
    > > Apple launched its iPhone in the U.S. earlier this year. The Cupertino,
    > > California-based company has plans to launch the device in Asia in 2008
    > > and is in talks with various operators in the region. China Mobile is
    > > China's largest cellphone carrier.
    > >
    > > ---
    > >
    > > Apple has a long history with China, bringing the the first laser printers
    > > to the country and first to offer a Chinese based OS.
    > >
    > > Congrats to Apple for making the world a better place.
    > >
    > > -

    > answer me this, what does the iPhone have to do with Verizon? Nokia?
    > T-Mobile?


    The iPhone is what Verizon is trying to WIN a contract for, Nokia is the
    current design embarrassment of all cell phones and needs to learn how
    Apple has set the standard which all smartphones are now judged.

    And T-Mobile is the iPhone carrier for Germany. They wished they had won
    the American contract but weren't up to the quality level Apple requires.

    Orange is up next in France, so expect plenty of iPhone developments
    there.

    I think you might not realize, but the iPhone will entirely change the
    cell phone industry. Nobody has a cell phone as advanced as the iPhone
    and can't for 17 years because of the 200+ patents on the iPhone.

    So join in the FUN, or live a life of poor quality phones for the next
    17 years.

    The multi-touch party stars here:

    http://www.iphone.com/

    -



  7. #7
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Oxford wrote:
    > Jon <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>> http://snipurl.com/1tlab
    >>>
    >>> HONG KONG (AP) China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    >>> the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    >>> company's chief executive said Tuesday.
    >>>
    >>> The companies still need to iron out their differences over revenue
    >>> sharing, Wang Jianzhou told reporters on the sidelines of the GSMA
    >>> Mobile Asia Congress in the Chinese territory of Macau.
    >>>
    >>> Apple launched its iPhone in the U.S. earlier this year. The Cupertino,
    >>> California-based company has plans to launch the device in Asia in 2008
    >>> and is in talks with various operators in the region. China Mobile is
    >>> China's largest cellphone carrier.
    >>>
    >>> ---
    >>>
    >>> Apple has a long history with China, bringing the the first laser printers
    >>> to the country and first to offer a Chinese based OS.
    >>>
    >>> Congrats to Apple for making the world a better place.
    >>>
    >>> -

    >> answer me this, what does the iPhone have to do with Verizon? Nokia?
    >> T-Mobile?

    >
    > The iPhone is what Verizon is trying to WIN a contract for, Nokia is the
    > current design embarrassment of all cell phones and needs to learn how
    > Apple has set the standard which all smartphones are now judged.
    >
    > And T-Mobile is the iPhone carrier for Germany. They wished they had won
    > the American contract but weren't up to the quality level Apple requires.
    >
    > Orange is up next in France, so expect plenty of iPhone developments
    > there.
    >
    > I think you might not realize, but the iPhone will entirely change the
    > cell phone industry. Nobody has a cell phone as advanced as the iPhone
    > and can't for 17 years because of the 200+ patents on the iPhone.
    >
    > So join in the FUN, or live a life of poor quality phones for the next
    > 17 years.
    >
    > The multi-touch party stars here:
    >
    > http://www.iphone.com/
    >
    > -

    Actually no, Apple went to Verizon FIRST for a contract, but Verizon
    wanted to put its own Operating System on it, which Apple didn't like.
    Apple then broke off deals with Verizon and went with AT&T

    If people in the Nokia group wanted to know about the iphone, they would
    look at the iphone and att groups, not deal with your SPAM.

    And you are correct about T-Mobile, but still, it has nothing to do with
    Verizon and Nokia



  8. #8
    ChairMan
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    In news:[email protected],
    Jon <[email protected]>spewed forth:
    > Oxford wrote:
    >> Apple's relentless march into becoming the No. 1 handset maker
    >> -

    > answer me this, what does the iPhone have to do with Verizon? Nokia?
    > T-Mobile?


    Answer me this, why do you idiots continue to reply to this asswipe troll?
    If everyone would KF him and stop responding, the ****wit would go away.


    **

    It's best not to argue with an idiot.
    They'll slap ya down to their level then beat ya with experience





  9. #9
    jerryeveretts
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    On Nov 13, 4:12 pm, Jon <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Oxford wrote:
    > > "M. MacDonald" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > >>> HONG KONG (AP)
    > >>> China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    > >>> the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    > >>> company's chief executive said Tuesday.
    > >> I'll bet the Chinese will really appreciate how slow the iPhone will be on
    > >> their network.

    >
    > > The iPhone 2.4 times faster than the old 3G standard, so they will be
    > > overjoyed by the advancement.

    >
    > > Apple now sets the rules for cells, so everyone will be happy!

    >
    > > -

    >
    > WTF you smoking? The iPhone runs on 2G, which means its SLOWER than 3G


    Oxford is just spouting his regular Wi-Fi... you see, in the high
    tech, socialist, hippie commune where Oxford lives, there is wifi
    abound. What he fails to realize is that wifi is merely a network
    connection, and the speed at which you connect to the internet relies
    entirely on the connection at the other end of the router. So if your
    local coffee shop has a ****ty high latency satellite connection, it
    doesn't really matter how fast the wifi is.

    Last weekend I was staying in a hotel which had free wifi, of course
    the network connection was fast, but their internet connection sucked,
    it obviously didn't have the bandwidth for all the hotel guest that
    were using it. Lucky for me, I just popped my Verizon 3G nationwide
    broadband card in my MBP and was actually able to play World of
    Warcraft with ping times less than 200ms.

    Good Wifi is nice when you can get it.. but for the other 98% of my
    time, Verizon 3G is a godsent.




  10. #10
    Mark Crispin
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007, jerryeveretts wrote:
    > Oxford is just spouting his regular Wi-Fi...


    What makes it particularly ironic is that if he really uses Wi-Fi more
    than cellular, he can get a much better user experience with a Nokia N800.
    The Nokia's 800x480 screen may be somewhat short of "the full Internet" of
    a laptop with 1024x780 or better, but it's more than twice as good as the
    pathetic 320x480 in iPhone.

    Nokia even gives you a Skype card good for 3 months of unlimited free
    calls in the USA and Canada.

    Of course, that doesn't help when there is no Wi-Fi, or the Wi-Fi sucks,
    or it's a technical conference where thousands of people are using the
    Wi-Fi simultaneously. For that, you have mobile phones; and that is when
    having a Verizon 3G phone really shines.

    And, since the Nokia N800 talks to any Bluetooth capable mobile phone on
    any network, it too can access the Internet via Verizon's 3G network.

    Meanwhile, the iPhone geeks are stuck with the local broken Wi-Fi or
    AT&T's pathetic 2G network on their little tiny screens. They're not
    allowed to use other networks.

    > Last weekend I was staying in a hotel which had free wifi, of course
    > the network connection was fast, but their internet connection sucked,
    > it obviously didn't have the bandwidth for all the hotel guest that
    > were using it.


    Since when is that NOT the case with hotel Wi-Fi?

    -- Mark --

    http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
    Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.



  11. #11
    Todd Allcock
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    At 13 Nov 2007 14:17:58 -0700 Oxford wrote:

    > Orange is up next in France, so expect plenty of iPhone developments
    > there.



    Agreed. Since locking handsets is prohibited by French law, I suspect
    French software updates will be the updates of choice for iPhone hackers.

    C'est la vie for Apple's draconian control over it's users...


    > So join in the FUN, or live a life of poor quality phones for the next
    > 17 years.


    Since I do three or four things on my phone every day that iPhones
    cannot, I'll be happly NOT to join the "fun," thanks....





  12. #12
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Jon <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Actually no, Apple went to Verizon FIRST for a contract, but Verizon
    > wanted to put its own Operating System on it, which Apple didn't like.
    > Apple then broke off deals with Verizon and went with AT&T


    Well, no. Verizon had no chance to put their OS on it, that wouldn't
    make any sense. What Verizon screwed up on is that Apple demanded a cut
    of each month's "scam" from the cell user. Verizon didn't understand the
    impact the iPhone would have so they have been shrinking ever since.

    > If people in the Nokia group wanted to know about the iphone, they would
    > look at the iphone and att groups, not deal with your SPAM.


    But Nokia has very little experience with high quality consumer devices.
    Apple does so Nokia is under the gun to either give up or create a
    iPhone clone like MS had to do with Windows. There are no other choices
    at this point in the game.

    > And you are correct about T-Mobile, but still, it has nothing to do with
    > Verizon and Nokia


    Yes.



  13. #13
    Oxford
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Jon <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >>> HONG KONG (AP)
    > >>> China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    > >>> the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    > >>> company's chief executive said Tuesday.
    > >> I'll bet the Chinese will really appreciate how slow the iPhone will be on
    > >> their network.

    > >
    > > The iPhone 2.4 times faster than the old 3G standard, so they will be
    > > overjoyed by the advancement.
    > >
    > > Apple now sets the rules for cells, so everyone will be happy!
    > >
    > > -

    > WTF you smoking? The iPhone runs on 2G, which means its SLOWER than 3G


    No. It mainly runs on 802.11g which is far faster than 3G, the fall back
    is 2.5G. 3G isn't used in the States except for around 5% of the market.

    Most people will use the normal 802.11g speed, not get stuck with slower
    3G so the concept of 3G is moot.



  14. #14
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Oxford wrote:
    > Jon <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>>>> HONG KONG (AP)
    >>>>> China Mobile Ltd. is in talks with Apple about bringing
    >>>>> the iPhone to China, but no agreement has been reached yet, the Chinese
    >>>>> company's chief executive said Tuesday.
    >>>> I'll bet the Chinese will really appreciate how slow the iPhone will be on
    >>>> their network.
    >>> The iPhone 2.4 times faster than the old 3G standard, so they will be
    >>> overjoyed by the advancement.
    >>>
    >>> Apple now sets the rules for cells, so everyone will be happy!
    >>>
    >>> -

    >> WTF you smoking? The iPhone runs on 2G, which means its SLOWER than 3G

    >
    > No. It mainly runs on 802.11g which is far faster than 3G, the fall back
    > is 2.5G. 3G isn't used in the States except for around 5% of the market.
    >
    > Most people will use the normal 802.11g speed, not get stuck with slower
    > 3G so the concept of 3G is moot.

    The 802.11 is if there is a Wifi connection, and almost all the time
    there will not be.

    Hell, if you are on a bus or in a car, you cannot maintain a wifi
    connection, as wifi does not transmit far.

    And if the iPhone is advanced as you say it is, why not make it 3G? I
    mean, it is so much better to have faster connections than slower 2.5G
    connections.

    And its only 5% of the market in the states because its a new technology
    which just came out. You are boosting that the iPhone is a new and
    great device, yet it does not even have the lastest technology built
    into it.

    It is just another fad like the iPoods



  15. #15
    Jon
    Guest

    Re: Next Up - The iPhone in China

    Oxford wrote:
    > Jon <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Actually no, Apple went to Verizon FIRST for a contract, but Verizon
    >> wanted to put its own Operating System on it, which Apple didn't like.
    >> Apple then broke off deals with Verizon and went with AT&T

    >
    > Well, no. Verizon had no chance to put their OS on it, that wouldn't
    > make any sense. What Verizon screwed up on is that Apple demanded a cut
    > of each month's "scam" from the cell user. Verizon didn't understand the
    > impact the iPhone would have so they have been shrinking ever since.
    >

    Well, yes. If you had any knowledge of the iPhone, you would know that
    Apple went to verizon (because it has the fastest data network
    available) first to discuss contracts. The fact that verizon wanted to
    put its own OS on the iPhone forced Apple to call it quits with verizon
    and choose ATT (which has a slower data connection) instead.

    >> If people in the Nokia group wanted to know about the iphone, they would
    >> look at the iphone and att groups, not deal with your SPAM.

    >
    > But Nokia has very little experience with high quality consumer devices.
    > Apple does so Nokia is under the gun to either give up or create a
    > iPhone clone like MS had to do with Windows. There are no other choices
    > at this point in the game.

    But it am 99.999999% sure that the people in the Nokia group don't want
    to see your spam on their group.

    How would you feel if someone from the nokia group posted on the iphone
    group how great nokia products are (and they, by far, offer much more
    than the iPhone ever will)
    >
    >> And you are correct about T-Mobile, but still, it has nothing to do with
    >> Verizon and Nokia

    >
    > Yes.


    No.



  • Similar Threads

    1. alt.cellular.verizon
    2. alt.cellular.attws



  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast