Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    John_A
    Guest
    I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem as I do, mu phone will not
    display the correct time as in after the time zone has been set it still
    displays local time plus one hour, I can't seem to find the option to alter
    a daylight saving mode, anyone else ?

    John





    See More: Nokia 5233 problem




  2. #2
    Rex
    Guest

    Re: Nokia 5233 problem

    John_A wrote:
    > I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem as I do, mu phone will not
    > display the correct time as in after the time zone has been set it still
    > displays local time plus one hour, I can't seem to find the option to alter
    > a daylight saving mode, anyone else ?
    >
    > John
    >
    >

    Have you set it to synchronize network operator time? If you turn it off
    you can set timezone/DST as you prefer. If it still doesn't work then it
    could indicate a problem that your service center will have to fix.


    -------------------------------------
    Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
    -------------------------------------



  3. #3
    Invisible Man
    Guest

    Re: Nokia 5233 problem

    On 27/09/2010 07:40, Rex wrote:
    > John_A wrote:
    >> I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem as I do, mu phone
    >> will not
    >> display the correct time as in after the time zone has been set it still
    >> displays local time plus one hour, I can't seem to find the option to
    >> alter
    >> a daylight saving mode, anyone else ?
    >>
    >> John
    >>
    >>

    > Have you set it to synchronize network operator time? If you turn it off
    > you can set timezone/DST as you prefer. If it still doesn't work then it
    > could indicate a problem that your service center will have to fix.
    >
    >
    > -------------------------------------
    > Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
    > -------------------------------------


    My N86 did not revert to UK time when I returned from Spain after a
    short holiday. I unset the automatic synch, rest the time to London,
    reset the synch and it is fine now.

    I use Vodafone and it was interesting to note on a train from Fuengirola
    to Malaga airport that the phone started with Vodafone ES then swapped
    to Orange then back to Vodafone ES.

    Be interesting to see what it does when I next go to the Canaries. They
    are on the same time as the UK but when on o2 the phone used Movistar
    out there, evidently assumed it was in mainland Spain and adjusted
    itself an hour forward.



  4. #4
    Rex
    Guest

    Re: Nokia 5233 problem

    Invisible Man wrote:
    > On 27/09/2010 07:40, Rex wrote:
    >
    > My N86 did not revert to UK time when I returned from Spain after a
    > short holiday. I unset the automatic synch, rest the time to London,
    > reset the synch and it is fine now.
    >
    > I use Vodafone and it was interesting to note on a train from Fuengirola
    > to Malaga airport that the phone started with Vodafone ES then swapped
    > to Orange then back to Vodafone ES.
    >
    > Be interesting to see what it does when I next go to the Canaries. They
    > are on the same time as the UK but when on o2 the phone used Movistar
    > out there, evidently assumed it was in mainland Spain and adjusted
    > itself an hour forward.


    Guess it's because of different times used by network operators, so when
    you travel and switch operators due to roaming it messes up the phone
    time accordingly.

    -------------------------------------
    I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's
    a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work.
    -- Gallagher
    -------------------------------------



  5. #5
    John_A
    Guest

    Re: Nokia 5233 problem

    It's funny thet the operators manula makes no mention of time adjustments,
    when the phone is ste to my time zone ( utc +8 ) it's one hour ahead - I
    tried to "fool" the device by changing the setting to Indonesia ( one hour
    behind Perth/Western Australia ) but I found it put the phone two hours
    back, so the hone is being returned to the store for a refund, not good
    enough.

    john
    "Rex" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Invisible Man wrote:
    >> On 27/09/2010 07:40, Rex wrote:
    >>
    >> My N86 did not revert to UK time when I returned from Spain after a
    >> short holiday. I unset the automatic synch, rest the time to London,
    >> reset the synch and it is fine now.
    >>
    >> I use Vodafone and it was interesting to note on a train from Fuengirola
    >> to Malaga airport that the phone started with Vodafone ES then swapped
    >> to Orange then back to Vodafone ES.
    >>
    >> Be interesting to see what it does when I next go to the Canaries. They
    >> are on the same time as the UK but when on o2 the phone used Movistar
    >> out there, evidently assumed it was in mainland Spain and adjusted
    >> itself an hour forward.

    >
    > Guess it's because of different times used by network operators, so when
    > you travel and switch operators due to roaming it messes up the phone time
    > accordingly.
    >
    > -------------------------------------
    > I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's
    > a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work.
    > -- Gallagher
    > -------------------------------------






  • Similar Threads