Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Jason Chapa
    Guest
    A couple of questions:

    On the 3590, is the address book stored on the SIM card? Or do I need to
    set something to make it do that. How can I tell? If I take the SIM card
    out and stick it in a 3595, what all will come across?

    On a 3595: Can you assign ringtones in the "Gallery" to caller groups or
    individual contacts? It can't be done with a 3586i, only ringtones from the
    main list can be assigned to caller groups or individual contacts. I was
    wondering if this issue exists in a 3595.





    See More: 3595 and 3590 questions




  2. #2
    Jason Chapa
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions

    Another question:

    My wife has the AT&T Go Phone 3590 (pre-paid via recurring charge on check
    card). If I take the SIM out and put it in another AT&T GSM phone (such as
    the 3595), will it work? I think it should, but I just want to make sure.
    Has anyone tried this and can verify it?





  3. #3
    Group Special Mobile
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:13:02 GMT, "Jason Chapa"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Another question:
    >
    >My wife has the AT&T Go Phone 3590 (pre-paid via recurring charge on check
    >card). If I take the SIM out and put it in another AT&T GSM phone (such as
    >the 3595), will it work? I think it should, but I just want to make sure.
    >Has anyone tried this and can verify it?


    Any information that 's on the SIM will facilitate that same
    information on any phone you put the SIM into. Any information that
    is stored in the phone will of course not transfer.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    To send an email reply send to
    GSMthemobilestandard ( yahoo.com



  4. #4
    Joey DoWop Dee
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions

    In article <[email protected]>, Jason Chapa
    says...
    > A couple of questions:
    > <snip>
    > On a 3595: Can you assign ringtones in the "Gallery" to caller groups or
    > individual contacts? It can't be done with a 3586i, only ringtones from the
    > main list can be assigned to caller groups or individual contacts. I was
    > wondering if this issue exists in a 3595.


    I don't know for sure the first question, but on the 3595 you can assign
    rintones from the Gallery to individuals and caller groups.

    --
    Un not my address if you wanna reply.



  5. #5
    Mike S.
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions


    In article <[email protected]>,
    Jason Chapa <[email protected]> wrote:
    >A couple of questions:
    >
    >On the 3590, is the address book stored on the SIM card? Or do I need to
    >set something to make it do that. How can I tell? If I take the SIM card
    >out and stick it in a 3595, what all will come across?


    You get the options of using the phone memory, the SIM card, or both. The
    default is display both, but to store new entries to phone memory. You can
    easily move stuff back and forth. When you go through your phone book, a
    little card icon appears in the upper right for those entries that are
    stored on the SIM.

    If you transfer a SIM card from a 3590 to a 3595 with the default
    settings, I'd imagine the phone book would NOT be transferred as they were
    probably saved to phone memory and not the SIM. But you can easily copy
    the entries to the SIM on the 3590, and then put the SIM in the 3595. You
    can then, if you desire, transfer them from the SIM to the 3595's internal
    phone memory.





  6. #6
    Jason Brian Chapa
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions


    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > You get the options of using the phone memory, the SIM card, or both. The
    > default is display both, but to store new entries to phone memory. You can
    > easily move stuff back and forth. When you go through your phone book, a
    > little card icon appears in the upper right for those entries that are
    > stored on the SIM.
    >
    > If you transfer a SIM card from a 3590 to a 3595 with the default
    > settings, I'd imagine the phone book would NOT be transferred as they were
    > probably saved to phone memory and not the SIM. But you can easily copy
    > the entries to the SIM on the 3590, and then put the SIM in the 3595. You
    > can then, if you desire, transfer them from the SIM to the 3595's internal
    > phone memory.
    >

    How do you move the phone book entries to the SIM card in the 3590?





  7. #7
    Mike S.
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions


    In article <[email protected]>,
    Jason Brian Chapa <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >"Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >
    >> You get the options of using the phone memory, the SIM card, or both. The
    >> default is display both, but to store new entries to phone memory. You can
    >> easily move stuff back and forth. When you go through your phone book, a
    >> little card icon appears in the upper right for those entries that are
    >> stored on the SIM.
    >>
    >> If you transfer a SIM card from a 3590 to a 3595 with the default
    >> settings, I'd imagine the phone book would NOT be transferred as they were
    >> probably saved to phone memory and not the SIM. But you can easily copy
    >> the entries to the SIM on the 3590, and then put the SIM in the 3595. You
    >> can then, if you desire, transfer them from the SIM to the 3595's internal
    >> phone memory.
    >>

    >How do you move the phone book entries to the SIM card in the 3590?



    From the phone book menu. I'm _sure_ it is in your manual.






  8. #8
    Group Special Mobile
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions

    On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:59:10 GMT, "Jason Brian Chapa"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >
    >> You get the options of using the phone memory, the SIM card, or both. The
    >> default is display both, but to store new entries to phone memory. You can
    >> easily move stuff back and forth. When you go through your phone book, a
    >> little card icon appears in the upper right for those entries that are
    >> stored on the SIM.
    >>
    >> If you transfer a SIM card from a 3590 to a 3595 with the default
    >> settings, I'd imagine the phone book would NOT be transferred as they were
    >> probably saved to phone memory and not the SIM. But you can easily copy
    >> the entries to the SIM on the 3590, and then put the SIM in the 3595. You
    >> can then, if you desire, transfer them from the SIM to the 3595's internal
    >> phone memory.
    >>

    >How do you move the phone book entries to the SIM card in the 3590?


    Use the copy function on your phone to copy from the phone memory to
    the SIM card. You can also do that with a data cable or IR and use of
    software such as MobiMB, Oxygen Phone Manager, etc.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    To send an email reply send to
    GSMthemobilestandard ( yahoo.com



  9. #9
    Jason Chapa
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions


    "Group Special Mobile" <[email protected]_to.reply> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:59:10 GMT, "Jason Brian Chapa"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:[email protected]
    > >
    > >> You get the options of using the phone memory, the SIM card, or both.

    The
    > >> default is display both, but to store new entries to phone memory. You

    can
    > >> easily move stuff back and forth. When you go through your phone book,

    a
    > >> little card icon appears in the upper right for those entries that are
    > >> stored on the SIM.
    > >>
    > >> If you transfer a SIM card from a 3590 to a 3595 with the default
    > >> settings, I'd imagine the phone book would NOT be transferred as they

    were
    > >> probably saved to phone memory and not the SIM. But you can easily copy
    > >> the entries to the SIM on the 3590, and then put the SIM in the 3595.

    You
    > >> can then, if you desire, transfer them from the SIM to the 3595's

    internal
    > >> phone memory.
    > >>

    > >How do you move the phone book entries to the SIM card in the 3590?

    >
    > Use the copy function on your phone to copy from the phone memory to
    > the SIM card. You can also do that with a data cable or IR and use of
    > software such as MobiMB, Oxygen Phone Manager, etc.


    I couldn't find it anywhere in the manual. I dont have the phone in front
    of me, so I can't try different stuff. I have a data cable on the way, so I
    guess I will have to do it that way.





  10. #10
    Jason Chapa
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions

    I figured out how to copy address book names to the SIM card. But it will
    only copy one number per name! That is not cool!






  11. #11
    tuned by RZO
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions

    "Jason Chapa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    | I figured out how to copy address book names to the SIM card. But it will
    | only copy one number per name! That is not cool!
    |

    Hmm....how come it's so different from other nokia's (8310 etc)? I thought
    that you could "copy from phone to simcard" ?





  12. #12
    Mike S.
    Guest

    Re: 3595 and 3590 questions


    In article <[email protected]>,
    Jason Chapa <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I figured out how to copy address book names to the SIM card. But it will
    >only copy one number per name! That is not cool!


    That is a limitation of SIM card storage.





  • Phones Discussed Above

    Nokia 3595 More Nokia 3595 topics Nokia Forum Reviews
    Nokia 3590 More Nokia 3590 topics Nokia Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads