Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Bob Smith
    Guest
    Someone posted this in a newsgroup I frequent ... As much as this may sound
    like a good idea, I'm totally against it ... considering the ramifications
    of missing an important business or personal call, incoming or outgoing.

    http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm

    Bob





    See More: Cell phone jammer
    jammerall likes this.




  2. #2
    MTG
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    my phone only works half the time anyway...lol

    "Bob Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Someone posted this in a newsgroup I frequent ... As much as this may

    sound
    > like a good idea, I'm totally against it ... considering the ramifications
    > of missing an important business or personal call, incoming or outgoing.
    >
    > http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm
    >
    > Bob
    >
    >






  3. #3
    DSL GURU
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    Less than $500 for the two you'd need Stateside to have all frequencies
    covered.



  4. #4
    RonInCal
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    Does this really work? How long will the jamming last?

    Thanks-

    "Bob Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Someone posted this in a newsgroup I frequent ... As much as this may

    sound
    > like a good idea, I'm totally against it ... considering the ramifications
    > of missing an important business or personal call, incoming or outgoing.
    >
    > http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm
    >
    > Bob
    >
    >






  5. #5
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer


    "RonInCal" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Does this really work? How long will the jamming last?
    >
    > Thanks-
    >
    > "Bob Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Someone posted this in a newsgroup I frequent ... As much as this may

    > sound
    > > like a good idea, I'm totally against it ... considering the

    ramifications
    > > of missing an important business or personal call, incoming or outgoing.
    > >
    > > http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm
    > >
    > > Bob


    I have no clue ... nor what the range would be. Extremely bad idea though.
    Illegal in the UK, and I suspect here in the states as well ... And if it
    isn't, should be.

    Bob





  6. #6
    TCS
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:32:52 GMT, Bob Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I have no clue ... nor what the range would be. Extremely bad idea though.
    > Illegal in the UK, and I suspect here in the states as well ... And if it
    > isn't, should be.


    It's rather illegal in the US as well and considered about as cool a thing
    to do as hanging around a hospital letting the air out of the tires of
    ambulances.




  7. #7
    Steven J Sobol
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    Bob Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Someone posted this in a newsgroup I frequent ... As much as this may sound
    > like a good idea, I'm totally against it ... considering the ramifications
    > of missing an important business or personal call, incoming or outgoing.


    It's illegal in the US, anyhow.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Proprietor
    888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * [email protected]



  8. #8
    Steven J Sobol
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    DSL GURU <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Less than $500 for the two you'd need Stateside to have all frequencies
    > covered.


    It's illegal in the US. FCC regs say you're not allowed to jam cellular
    transmissions. I imagine that if you got caught, the fine would probably
    be more than whatever you paid for the units.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Proprietor
    888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * [email protected]



  9. #9
    DSL GURU
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    > Illegal in the UK, and I suspect here in the
    > states as well


    Someone in the Verizon group promised to smash cell phones of people that
    rudely use them (ie. loudly in a restaurant, or at a movie theatre). Perhaps
    he's a customer?



  10. #10
    Isaiah Beard
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > Someone posted this in a newsgroup I frequent ... As much as this may sound
    > like a good idea, I'm totally against it ... considering the ramifications
    > of missing an important business or personal call, incoming or outgoing.
    >
    > http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/Personal.htm
    >
    > Bob
    >
    >



    I'm not sure about the UK (where this guy is selling it), but it's
    definitely not legal in the US to operate active jamming equipment.
    Actually... reading further down, this guy KNOWS it's illegal in the UK,
    as he refuses to sell to anyone in the UK.


    This is further demonstrated seeing as the jammer depicted on the site
    was designed to look an awful lot like an innocous cell phone. the only
    thing wrong with the picture is that it has two antennas instead of one.

    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.




  11. #11
    Central
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:54:44 -0600, Steven J Sobol wrote:

    > DSL GURU <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Less than $500 for the two you'd need Stateside to have all frequencies
    >> covered.

    >
    > It's illegal in the US. FCC regs say you're not allowed to jam cellular
    > transmissions. I imagine that if you got caught, the fine would probably
    > be more than whatever you paid for the units.

    Actually it is illegal to jam any transmission(to varying degs of course).
    Now if you throw in the part where most people here not allowed to
    transmit on the freqs our cellphones operate in and not to mention at the
    power levels required to jam them, tho I would imagine just raising
    the noise level on the party channel and or spewing invalid data may work
    and not require as high a power requirement as just blasting the entire
    freq spectrum. Last time I checked cdma was designed with methods to
    cut through invalid data since the code division would have it only
    respond to data specifically crafted for it using the esn/time as a key. Any
    way the FCC has specific rules about any communication jamming or just
    destroying entire bands of the radio spectrum in general so specific
    cellphone jamming laws/restrictions are just the tip of the iceberg.




  12. #12
    Steven J Sobol
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    Central <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Actually it is illegal to jam any transmission(to varying degs of course).
    > Now if you throw in the part where most people here not allowed to
    > transmit on the freqs our cellphones operate in and not to mention at the
    > power levels required to jam them, tho I would imagine just raising
    > the noise level on the party channel and or spewing invalid data may work
    > and not require as high a power requirement as just blasting the entire
    > freq spectrum.


    But is that what those devices do, or do they just blindly interfere with
    given frequency ranges?

    > way the FCC has specific rules about any communication jamming or just
    > destroying entire bands of the radio spectrum in general so specific
    > cellphone jamming laws/restrictions are just the tip of the iceberg.


    Right. I used the term cellular because in this context we were talking about
    cellular jamming.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services
    22674 Motnocab Road * Apple Valley, CA 92307-1950
    Steve Sobol, Proprietor
    888.480.4NET (4638) * 248.724.4NET * [email protected]



  13. #13
    TCS
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:54:44 -0600, Steven J Sobol <[email protected]> wrote:
    > DSL GURU <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Less than $500 for the two you'd need Stateside to have all frequencies
    >> covered.

    >
    > It's illegal in the US. FCC regs say you're not allowed to jam cellular
    > transmissions. I imagine that if you got caught, the fine would probably
    > be more than whatever you paid for the units.


    And could very well include jail time if an emergency call was blocked.



  14. #14
    Central
    Guest

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:59:36 -0600, Steven J Sobol wrote:

    > Central <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Actually it is illegal to jam any transmission(to varying degs of course).
    >> Now if you throw in the part where most people here not allowed to
    >> transmit on the freqs our cellphones operate in and not to mention at the
    >> power levels required to jam them, tho I would imagine just raising
    >> the noise level on the party channel and or spewing invalid data may work
    >> and not require as high a power requirement as just blasting the entire
    >> freq spectrum.

    >
    > But is that what those devices do, or do they just blindly interfere with
    > given frequency ranges?
    >
    >> way the FCC has specific rules about any communication jamming or just
    >> destroying entire bands of the radio spectrum in general so specific
    >> cellphone jamming laws/restrictions are just the tip of the iceberg.

    >
    > Right. I used the term cellular because in this context we were talking about
    > cellular jamming.


    Well I was just saying larger implications of restrictions and penalties
    because there might be some context where a user of a jamming device can
    weasel out of a specific cellular context law. Esp when you realize our
    sprint phones are not "cellphones" but classified as pcs phones (its fun
    to rename things ).

    As far as how they block the singles well the web page lists,
    "Output power: about 20mW, (good in hospital)" and given cdma
    phones have the ability to raise their transmit power much higher then
    that I would bet this device tries to attack the phone registration
    process or paging channel directly.




  15. #15

    Re: Cell phone jammer

    On 18 Nov 2003 18:03:44 GMT, TCS
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:54:44 -0600, Steven J Sobol <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> DSL GURU <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> Less than $500 for the two you'd need Stateside to have all frequencies
    >>> covered.

    >>
    >> It's illegal in the US. FCC regs say you're not allowed to jam cellular
    >> transmissions. I imagine that if you got caught, the fine would probably
    >> be more than whatever you paid for the units.

    >
    >And could very well include jail time if an emergency call was blocked.


    It is very easy to disrupt cell phone use and devices are already in
    place in some areas. A closed loop system will pretty much disable a
    cell phone while it is inside the loop. If you go to a theatre and see
    a sign that states that cellphone use is prohibited inside the
    facility, this is probably what's going on. I haven't seen it much
    yet, but I suspect it will catch on.



  • Similar Threads

    1. General Cell Phone Forum
    2. Chit Chat
    3. alt.cellular.verizon
    4. alt.cellular.verizon
    5. alt.cellular.verizon



  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast