Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Steve Crow
    Guest
    If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.

    Steve



    See More: MSN on Vision: Workaround




  2. #2
    Paul Kim
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    Whatever happened to them charging for MSN mobile? Wasn't it supposed to
    start last November?

    "Steve Crow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your

    phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN
    Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.
    >
    > Steve






  3. #3
    Larry Thomas
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    Steve Crow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.
    >
    > Steve


    That might be the case for some phones but not all. My A500 (and many
    others) don't work no matter how you try to get there.



  4. #4
    Steven V Crow
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Paul Kim wrote:

    > Whatever happened to them charging for MSN mobile? Wasn't it supposed to
    > start last November?
    >
    > "Steve Crow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your

    > phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN
    > Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.
    > >
    > > Steve

    >
    >
    >


    I must have missed that.

    Steve





  5. #5
    Steven V Crow
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    On 14 Jan 2004, Larry Thomas wrote:

    > Steve Crow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.
    > >
    > > Steve

    >
    > That might be the case for some phones but not all. My A500 (and many
    > others) don't work no matter how you try to get there.
    >


    Yeah, I posted the same thing on HowardForums.com last night and someone
    mentioned their A500 wouldn't pull it up either. I have been thinking back
    to about a year ago when I had an A500, and as I recall everything worked
    except Hotmail. I have since learned of gross incompatibilities between
    MSN and the Samsung handsets. I'll have to try it out on the A620 we have
    for a demo line at the store and see what happens.

    Steve





  6. #6
    Larry Thomas
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    Steven V Crow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On 14 Jan 2004, Larry Thomas wrote:
    >
    > > Steve Crow <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.
    > > >
    > > > Steve

    > >
    > > That might be the case for some phones but not all. My A500 (and many
    > > others) don't work no matter how you try to get there.
    > >

    >
    > Yeah, I posted the same thing on HowardForums.com last night and someone
    > mentioned their A500 wouldn't pull it up either. I have been thinking back
    > to about a year ago when I had an A500, and as I recall everything worked
    > except Hotmail. I have since learned of gross incompatibilities between
    > MSN and the Samsung handsets. I'll have to try it out on the A620 we have
    > for a demo line at the store and see what happens.
    >
    > Steve



    I just wish that Samsung, MSN, or Sprint will get their act together
    and fix this once and for all. It's totally unacceptable for MSN to
    still not be working on Samsungs after a year and a half. All they
    probably need to do is release a software update or something.



  7. #7
    girl in green
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    not premium, just always broken. Steve is the only one who can use it,
    apparently.

    In article <[email protected]>, Jose wrote:

    > Is MSN a premium service of some sort for Sprint Pcs?
    >
    > I got asked so many questions about if I agreed with accepting the
    > terms of this new premium service I though I had to pay for it.
    >
    > Can someone clarify this ,,,,,,,,,, Is MSN Mobile a premium service
    > you have to pay for in your Sprint PCS Vsion or to Microsoft?
    >
    > Or is just legalese?
    >
    >
    >
    > On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:00:16 +0000 (UTC), Steve Crow
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your
    > >phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN
    > >Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.
    > >
    > >Steve

    >




  8. #8
    Joe Gill
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    I tried the workaround...
    Can get to the site...
    Get to the login
    Enter credentials...
    End up with the same basic message... different format.....

    Something is wrong with the link between the two.... I just wish we would
    get one of these answers:
    A) It is a known technical problem on(MSN/SprintPCS) side with a target
    date of completion of ________ .
    B) It is a relationship issue between MSN and SprintPCS. Please be
    patient
    C) The MSN service is no longer part of Vision, and MSN services cannot
    be reached from Vision

    It has to be A, B, or C

    I just don't like being treated like a mushroom...
    (Being kept in the dark and fed plenty of S**T)


    "girl in green" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:160120041819141605%[email protected]
    > not premium, just always broken. Steve is the only one who can use it,
    > apparently.
    >
    > In article <[email protected]>, Jose wrote:
    >
    > > Is MSN a premium service of some sort for Sprint Pcs?
    > >
    > > I got asked so many questions about if I agreed with accepting the
    > > terms of this new premium service I though I had to pay for it.
    > >
    > > Can someone clarify this ,,,,,,,,,, Is MSN Mobile a premium service
    > > you have to pay for in your Sprint PCS Vsion or to Microsoft?
    > >
    > > Or is just legalese?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:00:16 +0000 (UTC), Steve Crow
    > > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point

    your
    > > >phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail,

    MSN
    > > >Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next

    time.
    > > >
    > > >Steve

    > >






  9. #9
    Steve Crow
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    Yup, and I can still use it just fine.

    For what it's worth, I'm using a VM4500. While I've had plenty
    of opportunities to try my store's VGA1000 demo line on MSN using
    the workaround, my *memory* hasn't allowed me to.

    I'll have a chat with my contacts at PCS and see what light they
    might be able to shed on the situation. It'll probably be late
    Monday before I get in touch with them, but I'll try to ReadyLink
    one of 'em tomorrow.

    Steve



  10. #10
    Steve Crow
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    == Quote from Larry Thomas ([email protected])'s article
    > Steve
    > I just wish that Samsung, MSN, or Sprint will get their act together
    > and fix this once and for all. It's totally unacceptable for MSN to
    > still not be working on Samsungs after a year and a half. All they
    > probably need to do is release a software update or something.


    Okay, I'll go there... Remember that Windows has been around since
    the early 1980's and still doesn't work...

    Steve



  11. #11
    girl in green
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    In article <[email protected]>, Steve Crow
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > == Quote from Larry Thomas ([email protected])'s article
    > > Steve
    > > I just wish that Samsung, MSN, or Sprint will get their act together
    > > and fix this once and for all. It's totally unacceptable for MSN to
    > > still not be working on Samsungs after a year and a half. All they
    > > probably need to do is release a software update or something.

    >
    > Okay, I'll go there... Remember that Windows has been around since
    > the early 1980's and still doesn't work...
    >
    > Steve

    Steve, are you able to use hotmail and messenger from msn mobile? Not
    me.



  12. #12
    girl in green
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    found the answer elsewhere. For other treo hotmail users, go to
    http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

    and for you Manichean freeper cultists, my survey among 100
    acquaintances to buy cell service in the first place put Verizon at #1
    and Sprint at #2. Got Sprint and spent a month getting the phone to
    work, including 3 weeks completely without service and over a dozen
    hours with helpless reps.


    In article <170120040754387187%[email protected]>, girl in green
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Steve Crow
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > == Quote from Larry Thomas ([email protected])'s article
    > > > Steve
    > > > I just wish that Samsung, MSN, or Sprint will get their act together
    > > > and fix this once and for all. It's totally unacceptable for MSN to
    > > > still not be working on Samsungs after a year and a half. All they
    > > > probably need to do is release a software update or something.

    > >
    > > Okay, I'll go there... Remember that Windows has been around since
    > > the early 1980's and still doesn't work...
    > >
    > > Steve

    > Steve, are you able to use hotmail and messenger from msn mobile? Not
    > me.




  13. #13
    Steven V Crow
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, girl in green wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, Steve Crow
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > == Quote from Larry Thomas ([email protected])'s article
    > > > Steve
    > > > I just wish that Samsung, MSN, or Sprint will get their act together
    > > > and fix this once and for all. It's totally unacceptable for MSN to
    > > > still not be working on Samsungs after a year and a half. All they
    > > > probably need to do is release a software update or something.

    > >
    > > Okay, I'll go there... Remember that Windows has been around since
    > > the early 1980's and still doesn't work...
    > >
    > > Steve

    > Steve, are you able to use hotmail and messenger from msn mobile? Not
    > me.
    >


    Yes, both work fine for me.






  14. #14
    John Richards
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    > Okay, I'll go there... Remember that Windows has been around since
    > the early 1980's and still doesn't work...


    Works well enough for 90% of all desktops to use it. ;-)

    --
    John Richards





  15. #15
    Jose
    Guest

    Re: MSN on Vision: Workaround

    Is MSN a premium service of some sort for Sprint Pcs?

    I got asked so many questions about if I agreed with accepting the
    terms of this new premium service I though I had to pay for it.

    Can someone clarify this ,,,,,,,,,, Is MSN Mobile a premium service
    you have to pay for in your Sprint PCS Vsion or to Microsoft?

    Or is just legalese?



    On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 18:00:16 +0000 (UTC), Steve Crow
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >If you are unable to get to MSN via your Vision menus, manually point your phone at http://mobile.msn.com and you will be able to access Hotmail, MSN Messenger, etc. Works like a charm. Bookmark it for easy access next time.
    >
    >Steve





  • Similar Threads

    1. LG
    2. alt.cellular.verizon
    3. alt.cellular.sprintpcs



  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast