Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Bryce
    Guest
    I was just looking at the details of my plan and it states I have caller id.

    I am wondering if caller id is only to identify the number calling, or if it
    should include a name, like my home phone does.

    If it is suppose to include the name, could it be a feature my phone doesn't
    support, and thats why I only get a number?

    Bryce





    See More: Caller ID... what is it?




  2. #2
    TCS
    Guest

    Re: Caller ID... what is it?

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:06:01 GMT, Bryce <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I was just looking at the details of my plan and it states I have caller id.


    >I am wondering if caller id is only to identify the number calling, or if it
    >should include a name, like my home phone does.


    It's just the number; if the number is found in your phone's phonebook then
    the name will be displayed.



  3. #3
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: Caller ID... what is it?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    TCS <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:06:01 GMT, Bryce <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    > >I was just looking at the details of my plan and it states I have caller id.

    >
    > >I am wondering if caller id is only to identify the number calling, or if it
    > >should include a name, like my home phone does.

    >
    > It's just the number; if the number is found in your phone's phonebook then
    > the name will be displayed.



    and on newer phones, if a picture is present, a picture would be
    displayed.



  4. #4
    Bryce
    Guest

    Re: Caller ID... what is it?

    I wonder why, if we can get the names on LAN lines, why we cant get them on
    cell phones.


    "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > TCS <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 02:06:01 GMT, Bryce <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > > >I was just looking at the details of my plan and it states I have

    caller id.
    > >
    > > >I am wondering if caller id is only to identify the number calling, or

    if it
    > > >should include a name, like my home phone does.

    > >
    > > It's just the number; if the number is found in your phone's phonebook

    then
    > > the name will be displayed.

    >
    >
    > and on newer phones, if a picture is present, a picture would be
    > displayed.






  5. #5
    Isaiah Beard
    Guest

    Re: Caller ID... what is it?

    Bryce wrote:

    > I wonder why, if we can get the names on LAN lines, why we cant get them on
    > cell phones.


    None of the cell phone manufacturers seem to support it, except in cases
    where you already have the name in your phone book. It may also be that
    none of the mobile networks support caller ID name info either.


    --
    E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
    Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.




  • Similar Threads

    1. alt.cellular.verizon
    2. alt.cellular.sprintpcs
    3. alt.cellular.verizon
    4. alt.cellular.nokia
    5. alt.cellular.sprintpcs