Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    sparks
    Guest
    I an out of contract and called retention to get a 2 phone setup.
    you need
    $45 plan with 500 anytime unlimited nw
    $20 for second phone
    total will be $73
    about $78 with taxes

    whoooo there 45 + 20 =65
    well charges + tax is about 28% so total is about 78
    are we really paying 28% taxes now ?

    I have been with sprint 3+ years and have not had a contract for 2 yrs
    and to get any kind of second phone is $99 (good flip phone)
    seems that yep we don't care if you stay or not since I don't spend
    $80+ a month.

    and this is 2 yr commitment I think its time to check out
    another carrier



    See More: tried to change plans and it does not add up




  2. #2
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sparks <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I an out of contract and called retention to get a 2 phone setup.
    > you need
    > $45 plan with 500 anytime unlimited nw
    > $20 for second phone
    > total will be $73
    > about $78 with taxes
    >
    > whoooo there 45 + 20 =65
    > well charges + tax is about 28% so total is about 78
    > are we really paying 28% taxes now ?
    >
    > I have been with sprint 3+ years and have not had a contract for 2 yrs
    > and to get any kind of second phone is $99 (good flip phone)
    > seems that yep we don't care if you stay or not since I don't spend
    > $80+ a month.
    >
    > and this is 2 yr commitment I think its time to check out
    > another carrier


    Ask for the $40 with 750 Anytime Minutes and 8 PM Night and Weekends.



  3. #3
    I.T.
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    Here is what I pay for 4 Phones/phone numbers

    2000 Minutes Plan For One Hundred Bucks

    Primary Line $100.00
    Second Line FREE
    Third Line $20.00
    Forth Line $20.00
    PCS to PCS FREE
    7am to 7 pm $5.00
    Clear America Roaming $5.00 --------------- No roaming Up to %50 of
    all minutes. Very Important Detail.
    Sprint Vision FREE --------------- Available for $5 extra per
    phone
    Insurance $4.00

    TOTAL $154.00


    Plus TAX (probably another $20)

    I think it is ok, what do you think?






    "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > sparks <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I an out of contract and called retention to get a 2 phone setup.
    > > you need
    > > $45 plan with 500 anytime unlimited nw
    > > $20 for second phone
    > > total will be $73
    > > about $78 with taxes
    > >
    > > whoooo there 45 + 20 =65
    > > well charges + tax is about 28% so total is about 78
    > > are we really paying 28% taxes now ?
    > >
    > > I have been with sprint 3+ years and have not had a contract for 2 yrs
    > > and to get any kind of second phone is $99 (good flip phone)
    > > seems that yep we don't care if you stay or not since I don't spend
    > > $80+ a month.
    > >
    > > and this is 2 yr commitment I think its time to check out
    > > another carrier

    >
    > Ask for the $40 with 750 Anytime Minutes and 8 PM Night and Weekends.






  4. #4
    sparks
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    Robert thanks big time that is what I got
    with second phone it made it $60

    Now all I have to do is update my old OLD phone and get a second
    phone
    they are pushing samsung but the only input I have is for sanyo for
    best reception and sound quality
    what does everyone else say....samsung or sanyo

    would like to get myself a 4500 rofl(skip this months house payment)
    maybe a 8100


    or a 1000/660 samsung

    jerry




    On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:33:52 GMT, "Robert M." <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > sparks <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I an out of contract and called retention to get a 2 phone setup.
    >> you need
    >> $45 plan with 500 anytime unlimited nw
    >> $20 for second phone
    >> total will be $73
    >> about $78 with taxes
    >>
    >> whoooo there 45 + 20 =65
    >> well charges + tax is about 28% so total is about 78
    >> are we really paying 28% taxes now ?
    >>
    >> I have been with sprint 3+ years and have not had a contract for 2 yrs
    >> and to get any kind of second phone is $99 (good flip phone)
    >> seems that yep we don't care if you stay or not since I don't spend
    >> $80+ a month.
    >>
    >> and this is 2 yr commitment I think its time to check out
    >> another carrier

    >
    >Ask for the $40 with 750 Anytime Minutes and 8 PM Night and Weekends.





  5. #5
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sparks <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Robert thanks big time that is what I got
    > with second phone it made it $60
    >
    > Now all I have to do is update my old OLD phone and get a second
    > phone
    > they are pushing samsung but the only input I have is for sanyo for
    > best reception and sound quality
    > what does everyone else say....samsung or sanyo
    >
    > would like to get myself a 4500 rofl(skip this months house payment)
    > maybe a 8100


    Get a Sanyo RL2500, and turn off the Ready Link on it. You should have
    asked for that and a discount on it.

    DO NOT ACCEPT A SAMSUNG.

    You have THREE DAYS to CANCEL your acceptance of any contract. Make sure
    they know you do.



  6. #6
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "I.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Here is what I pay for 4 Phones/phone numbers
    >
    > 2000 Minutes Plan For One Hundred Bucks
    >
    > Primary Line $100.00
    > Second Line FREE
    > Third Line $20.00
    > Forth Line $20.00
    > PCS to PCS FREE
    > 7am to 7 pm $5.00
    > Clear America Roaming $5.00 --------------- No roaming Up to %50 of
    > all minutes. Very Important Detail.



    No! Only 50% of the minutes used. Not 50% of Plan minutes.


    > Sprint Vision FREE --------------- Available for $5 extra per
    > phone
    > Insurance $4.00
    >
    > TOTAL $154.00
    >
    >
    > Plus TAX (probably another $20)
    >
    > I think it is ok, what do you think?




  7. #7
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up


    "sparks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Robert thanks big time that is what I got
    > with second phone it made it $60
    >
    > Now all I have to do is update my old OLD phone and get a second
    > phone
    > they are pushing samsung but the only input I have is for sanyo for
    > best reception and sound quality
    > what does everyone else say....samsung or sanyo
    >
    > would like to get myself a 4500 rofl(skip this months house payment)
    > maybe a 8100
    >
    >
    > or a 1000/660 samsung
    >
    > jerry


    Sanyo ...

    Bob





  8. #8
    tom ronson
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up


    "sparks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >samsung or sanyo


    Sanyo --- for sure!!

    --tr (looking in wonderment at his slick new 7300 -- what a phone!!)





    .................................................................
    Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
    >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

    -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-




  9. #9
    sparks
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    Well I just got back from radioshack
    they have all the phones.
    2500 $349 and even sprint would not give a rebate on this phone.
    (they didn't know what to do)
    they had one 8100 in stock
    of course they had 4500 (sweet but toooooo much money)
    radio shack could not give me any discount for old phone
    got sprint on the phone and they said old qualcomm
    well you will have to talk to radioshack for replacement
    and any additional discount for tradin


    5300 and 8100
    one of each ?


    On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 20:19:21 -0500, "tom ronson" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"sparks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >
    >>samsung or sanyo

    >
    >Sanyo --- for sure!!
    >
    > --tr (looking in wonderment at his slick new 7300 -- what a phone!!)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >................................................................
    > Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
    > >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

    >-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-





  10. #10
    tom ronson
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up


    "sparks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Well I just got back from radioshack


    Geez, I'm sorry. (it's just a joke, it's just a joke <grin>)

    You might check to see if you're eligible for a rebate from sprint here.....

    http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/

    If you've not replaced your phone(s) in the past 18 months I think you can
    get a $150 mail in rebate per line.

    Personally I've only played with either phone you've mentioned, not lived
    with them --- but friends have both models and seem to like them a lot.

    Check out that link tho --- you might be able to save yourself some bread.

    --tr






    .................................................................
    Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
    >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

    -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-




  11. #11
    sparks
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    What are the menus like in the new 2500....
    are they more 8100 style ?
    Robert M.
    anyone...

    thanks for help
    I got an 8100 and a 5300 last night (got the 5300 as second phone
    because it was cheap/now its discontinued) and wondering if the
    2500 would not be better in the long run.
    (man the 8100 is sweet) simple to use 5300 just need to get better
    menu system....just tooo many things going on with the background pics
    and color menu selection its hard for me to read.


    On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:53:39 -0500, "tom ronson"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    >"sparks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> Well I just got back from radioshack

    >
    >Geez, I'm sorry. (it's just a joke, it's just a joke <grin>)
    >
    >You might check to see if you're eligible for a rebate from sprint here.....
    >
    >http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/
    >
    >If you've not replaced your phone(s) in the past 18 months I think you can
    >get a $150 mail in rebate per line.
    >
    >Personally I've only played with either phone you've mentioned, not lived
    >with them --- but friends have both models and seem to like them a lot.
    >
    >Check out that link tho --- you might be able to save yourself some bread.
    >
    > --tr
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >................................................................
    > Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
    > >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

    >-=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-





  12. #12
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sparks <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What are the menus like in the new 2500....
    > are they more 8100 style ?
    > Robert M.
    > anyone...
    >
    > thanks for help
    > I got an 8100 and a 5300 last night (got the 5300 as second phone
    > because it was cheap/now its discontinued) and wondering if the
    > 2500 would not be better in the long run.
    > (man the 8100 is sweet) simple to use 5300 just need to get better
    > menu system....just tooo many things going on with the background pics
    > and color menu selection its hard for me to read.


    I turned off all the animations and background colors on my RL2500, and
    set it to :"High Contrast"



  13. #13
    sparks
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:51:19 GMT, "Robert M." <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    > sparks <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> What are the menus like in the new 2500....
    >> are they more 8100 style ?
    >> Robert M.
    >> anyone...
    >>
    >> thanks for help
    >> I got an 8100 and a 5300 last night (got the 5300 as second phone
    >> because it was cheap/now its discontinued) and wondering if the
    >> 2500 would not be better in the long run.
    >> (man the 8100 is sweet) simple to use 5300 just need to get better
    >> menu system....just tooo many things going on with the background pics
    >> and color menu selection its hard for me to read.

    >
    >I turned off all the animations and background colors on my RL2500, and
    >set it to :"High Contrast"

    just got off the phone with sprint...
    and yes they do give rebates on 2500
    she asked who told me that sprint didn't have that information
    I told here someone at sprint, I was standing in radioshack and had no
    way of writing it all down.

    she told me to take the 5300 back and swap for a 2500 if I wanted too





  14. #14
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    In article <[email protected]>,
    sparks <[email protected]> wrote:

    > she told me to take the 5300 back and swap for a 2500 if I wanted too


    The RL2500 has a great speaker phone, but no camera.



  15. #15
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: tried to change plans and it does not add up

    In article <[email protected]>,=20
    [email protected] says...
    > I an out of contract and called retention to get a 2 phone setup.
    > you need=20
    > $45 plan with 500 anytime unlimited nw
    > $20 for second phone
    > total will be $73
    > about $78 with taxes
    >=20
    > whoooo there 45 + 20 =3D65
    > well charges + tax is about 28% so total is about 78
    > are we really paying 28% taxes now ?
    >=20
    > I have been with sprint 3+ years and have not had a contract for 2 yrs
    > and to get any kind of second phone is $99 (good flip phone)=20
    > seems that yep we don't care if you stay or not since I don't spend
    > $80+ a month.
    >=20
    > and this is 2 yr commitment I think its time to check out
    > another carrier
    >=20


    Do you have a Vision phone? Is a Vision package active on that=20
    subscription? That's another $10/$15 (depending upon how long you've=20
    had the package). Since all of our current flips are Vision phones,=20
    you need to add a Vision pack to qualify for the rebate, so that's an=20
    additional $5/month (since you mention it'll be as a share phone).

    I think you've been misinformed a little. And then there's also the=20
    fact that this could be happening mid-month in your billing cycle,=20
    which would prorate minutes and charges.

    --=20
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them



  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast