Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    GREGORY MITCHELL
    Guest
    Yeah so I've had my ups and downs with Sprint, but I've stayed with them
    since '99 mainly because they always offer me a killer deal when
    contract renewal ('advantage' agreement) time rolls around.

    Last year, retention had given me a CRAZY good deal including a better
    plan (750/$40), free PCS to PCS, and 8pm evenings.

    Now fast forward 14 months... I'm real happy with everything- my plan's
    working out great, I've had no billing issues recently- the ONLY thing
    it'd like is a rebate on a new phone. (I've been through a lot of
    defective phones, but i haven't gotten any kind of REBATE in *years*)

    So I work my way through customer care and get up to retention... I'm
    talking to a real nice guy who seems like he's going to help me. HE
    OFFERERS ME NOTHING! NO PHONE, NO PLAN, NO DEALS.. NOTHING!!! It's like
    they don't even care if h'm under an agreement or not! I was speechless.

    Am I missing something? Or has Sprint's policies changed drastically?



    See More: what happened to retention?




  2. #2
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    GREGORY MITCHELL <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Yeah so I've had my ups and downs with Sprint, but I've stayed with them
    > since '99 mainly because they always offer me a killer deal when
    > contract renewal ('advantage' agreement) time rolls around.
    >
    > Last year, retention had given me a CRAZY good deal including a better
    > plan (750/$40), free PCS to PCS, and 8pm evenings.
    >
    > Now fast forward 14 months... I'm real happy with everything- my plan's
    > working out great, I've had no billing issues recently- the ONLY thing
    > it'd like is a rebate on a new phone. (I've been through a lot of
    > defective phones, but i haven't gotten any kind of REBATE in *years*)
    >
    > So I work my way through customer care and get up to retention... I'm
    > talking to a real nice guy who seems like he's going to help me. HE
    > OFFERERS ME NOTHING! NO PHONE, NO PLAN, NO DEALS.. NOTHING!!!


    You already have as good a plan as they offer.



  3. #3
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?


    "GREGORY MITCHELL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news[email protected]
    > Yeah so I've had my ups and downs with Sprint, but I've stayed with them
    > since '99 mainly because they always offer me a killer deal when
    > contract renewal ('advantage' agreement) time rolls around.
    >
    > Last year, retention had given me a CRAZY good deal including a better
    > plan (750/$40), free PCS to PCS, and 8pm evenings.
    >
    > Now fast forward 14 months... I'm real happy with everything- my plan's
    > working out great, I've had no billing issues recently- the ONLY thing
    > it'd like is a rebate on a new phone. (I've been through a lot of
    > defective phones, but i haven't gotten any kind of REBATE in *years*)
    >
    > So I work my way through customer care and get up to retention... I'm
    > talking to a real nice guy who seems like he's going to help me. HE
    > OFFERERS ME NOTHING! NO PHONE, NO PLAN, NO DEALS.. NOTHING!!! It's like
    > they don't even care if h'm under an agreement or not! I was speechless.
    >
    > Am I missing something? Or has Sprint's policies changed drastically?


    Have you tried http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/ yet?

    Bob





  4. #4
    fusQuanto
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:46:29 -0500
    GREGORY MITCHELL <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Yeah so I've had my ups and downs with Sprint, but I've stayed with them
    > since '99 mainly because they always offer me a killer deal when
    > contract renewal ('advantage' agreement) time rolls around.
    >
    > Last year, retention had given me a CRAZY good deal including a better
    > plan (750/$40), free PCS to PCS, and 8pm evenings.
    >
    > Now fast forward 14 months... I'm real happy with everything- my plan's
    > working out great, I've had no billing issues recently- the ONLY thing
    > it'd like is a rebate on a new phone. (I've been through a lot of
    > defective phones, but i haven't gotten any kind of REBATE in *years*)
    >
    > So I work my way through customer care and get up to retention... I'm
    > talking to a real nice guy who seems like he's going to help me. HE
    > OFFERERS ME NOTHING! NO PHONE, NO PLAN, NO DEALS.. NOTHING!!! It's like
    > they don't even care if h'm under an agreement or not! I was speechless.
    >
    > Am I missing something? Or has Sprint's policies changed drastically?


    thats hte best retention plan you can get, i think. u gotta have ur fone 18
    months to get a rebate



  5. #5
    GREGORY MITCHELL
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    fusQuanto wrote:

    > On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:46:29 -0500
    > GREGORY MITCHELL <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Yeah so I've had my ups and downs with Sprint, but I've stayed with them
    >>since '99 mainly because they always offer me a killer deal when
    >>contract renewal ('advantage' agreement) time rolls around.
    >>
    >>Last year, retention had given me a CRAZY good deal including a better
    >>plan (750/$40), free PCS to PCS, and 8pm evenings.
    >>
    >>Now fast forward 14 months... I'm real happy with everything- my plan's
    >>working out great, I've had no billing issues recently- the ONLY thing
    >>it'd like is a rebate on a new phone. (I've been through a lot of
    >>defective phones, but i haven't gotten any kind of REBATE in *years*)
    >>
    >>So I work my way through customer care and get up to retention... I'm
    >>talking to a real nice guy who seems like he's going to help me. HE
    >>OFFERERS ME NOTHING! NO PHONE, NO PLAN, NO DEALS.. NOTHING!!! It's like
    >>they don't even care if h'm under an agreement or not! I was speechless.
    >>
    >>Am I missing something? Or has Sprint's policies changed drastically?

    >
    >
    > thats hte best retention plan you can get, i think. u gotta have ur fone 18
    > months to get a rebate


    i know my plan is good. if you read what i wrote, i wasn't asking for
    any plan upgrades.

    the thing that blows my mind is that for the first time ever, sprint
    really doesn't seem to care whether or not i'm under an agreement.
    Sprint has ALWAYS made good offers to get existing customers back under
    an agreement- which is smart for them. As a month to month customer,
    i'm going to jump on the first deal that another carrier offers me-
    especially with the new laws regarding phone number porting.

    I mean come on.. if I really wanted to, I could cancel my account, then
    open a new one and get the rebate deal i'm asking retention for now.

    Whatever.



  6. #6
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?


    "fusQuanto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    <snipped>

    >
    > thats hte best retention plan you can get, i think. u gotta have ur fone

    18
    > months to get a rebate


    Not just 18 months, but the same phone number on that phone ... for 18
    months as well.

    I just checked on that link, noticed my daughter's phone is eligible for the
    rebate, and she wants to get rid of her A500 & get a new phone ... Now ...
    to decide which handset ...

    Bob





  7. #7
    tom ronson
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?


    "GREGORY MITCHELL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I mean come on.. if I really wanted to, I could cancel my account, then
    > open a new one and get the rebate deal i'm asking retention for now.


    Greg, try that link Bob posted ( http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/ )---
    enter your phone number and it'll tell you if you're eligible for a $150
    credit --- which from the sounds of it you probably are. And yes, you can
    cancel the line to get what you're looking for --- but you probably won't
    get the deal on the plan you got now.

    Try that link out tho --- you might be pleasantly surprised.

    --tr





    .................................................................
    Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
    >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

    -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-




  8. #8
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    "GREGORY MITCHELL" wrote:
    <<Last year, retention had given me a CRAZY good deal including a better
    plan (750/$40), free PCS to PCS, and 8pm evenings.
    Now fast forward 14 months... I'm real happy with everything- my plan's
    working out great, I've had no billing issues recently- the ONLY thing
    it'd like is a rebate on a new phone. >>

    No offense to you Gregory, but I don't know why people who already have
    a great retention plan try to always get more... especially when they
    admit they don't have any problems with Sprint. Your plan is very very
    nice... if I were you, I would be more than happy with it -- there are
    many others who would love to have a plan like yours. I know it sounds
    like I am attacking you, but I'm not and please don't read it that way.

    If you have had the same phone for 14 months, you are only four months
    (I believe) away from qualifying for the handset upgrade program. If
    you have swapped out a phone here or there because it was defective
    during that time, I would call customer care and tell them so and see if
    they can still allow you to get a rebate on a new phone since the
    swapout was not your fault.

    As far as why they didn't offer you anything since you are out of
    contract... I hae no idea. I think it really depends on the rep you
    get... but also because so many others have abused the
    retention/cancellation department, they may have also tightened the
    purse strings there as well.

    Hope this helps,
    Eric




  9. #9
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    GREGORY MITCHELL <[email protected]> wrote:

    > i know my plan is good. if you read what i wrote, i wasn't asking for
    > any plan upgrades.
    >
    > the thing that blows my mind is that for the first time ever, sprint
    > really doesn't seem to care whether or not i'm under an agreement.
    > Sprint has ALWAYS made good offers to get existing customers back under
    > an agreement- which is smart for them. As a month to month customer,
    > i'm going to jump on the first deal that another carrier offers me-
    > especially with the new laws regarding phone number porting.
    >
    > I mean come on.. if I really wanted to, I could cancel my account, then
    > open a new one and get the rebate deal i'm asking retention for now.


    But then you wouldn't have a retention plan for 750 minutes @ $40



  10. #10
    GREGORY MITCHELL
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    tom ronson wrote:

    > "GREGORY MITCHELL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >
    >>I mean come on.. if I really wanted to, I could cancel my account, then
    >>open a new one and get the rebate deal i'm asking retention for now.

    >
    >
    > Greg, try that link Bob posted ( http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/ )---
    > enter your phone number and it'll tell you if you're eligible for a $150
    > credit --- which from the sounds of it you probably are. And yes, you can
    > cancel the line to get what you're looking for --- but you probably won't
    > get the deal on the plan you got now.
    >
    > Try that link out tho --- you might be pleasantly surprised.
    >
    > --tr
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > ................................................................
    > Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
    > >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

    > -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-
    >

    nope.. i knew about that.. thats' the problem... i had a few lemon
    phones last summer, so they won't honor it. Even though they replaced
    the phones as "defective", they won't let me since my esn hasn't been
    active 18 months. i got in an arguement with two different reps about
    the policy. It seems like they are penalizing me becuase *they* shipped
    me defective phones.
    greg



  11. #11
    GREGORY MITCHELL
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    Eric wrote:

    > "GREGORY MITCHELL" wrote:
    > <<Last year, retention had given me a CRAZY good deal including a better
    > plan (750/$40), free PCS to PCS, and 8pm evenings.
    > Now fast forward 14 months... I'm real happy with everything- my plan's
    > working out great, I've had no billing issues recently- the ONLY thing
    > it'd like is a rebate on a new phone. >>
    >
    > No offense to you Gregory, but I don't know why people who already have
    > a great retention plan try to always get more... especially when they
    > admit they don't have any problems with Sprint. Your plan is very very
    > nice... if I were you, I would be more than happy with it -- there are
    > many others who would love to have a plan like yours. I know it sounds
    > like I am attacking you, but I'm not and please don't read it that way.
    >
    > If you have had the same phone for 14 months, you are only four months
    > (I believe) away from qualifying for the handset upgrade program. If
    > you have swapped out a phone here or there because it was defective
    > during that time, I would call customer care and tell them so and see if
    > they can still allow you to get a rebate on a new phone since the
    > swapout was not your fault.
    >
    > As far as why they didn't offer you anything since you are out of
    > contract... I hae no idea. I think it really depends on the rep you
    > get... but also because so many others have abused the
    > retention/cancellation department, they may have also tightened the
    > purse strings there as well.
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    > Eric
    >


    yeah you're prolly right.
    i still want a new phone though :-P
    -greg



  12. #12
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    Eric wrote:


    >
    > As far as why they didn't offer you anything since you are out of
    > contract... I hae no idea. I think it really depends on the rep you
    > get... but also because so many others have abused the
    > retention/cancellation department, they may have also tightened the
    > purse strings there as well.



    Typical. He admits he has no idea, but proceeds to invent an answer
    anyway. We've had zero dimunition of folks posting that they've gotten
    "retention" deals from what is now the "Cancellation" department.

    It's only some blind Sprint apologists that consider getting a retention
    deal as abuse. I wonder how anxious they are to insist on paying full
    sticker when they buy a new car?



  13. #13
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?

    tom ronson wrote:

    > "GREGORY MITCHELL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >
    >>I mean come on.. if I really wanted to, I could cancel my account, then
    >>open a new one and get the rebate deal i'm asking retention for now.

    >
    >
    > Greg, try that link Bob posted ( http://pcshandsetupgrade.sprint.com/ )---
    > enter your phone number and it'll tell you if you're eligible for a $150
    > credit --- which from the sounds of it you probably are. And yes, you can
    > cancel the line to get what you're looking for --- but you probably won't
    > get the deal on the plan you got now.
    >
    > Try that link out tho --- you might be pleasantly surprised.


    My 3 month old RL2500 meets the 18 month requirement according to that
    web page. Woo hoo. Think I'll get a Sanyo 8200 when they come out.



  14. #14
    tom ronson
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?


    "GREGORY MITCHELL" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > nope.. i knew about that.. thats' the problem... i had a few lemon
    > phones last summer, so they won't honor it.


    Ya, it does blow. It pissed me off that it was a phone I bought off ebay
    reset my meter, and I for sure know what you mean about getting pissy with
    them. Who knew? After some prodding they coughed up service credits for
    phones on my account --- just shy of the $150 new customer rebate. I'm
    assuming why they relented is my plan is quite a bit more expensive than
    yours (2,000/$100).

    Anyway, rumor has it they are looking at changing that policy. I sure don't
    know that to be true --- but it might be in play in the next few weeks.
    Also, depending on what ur looking for, ebay's got all sorts of fones now
    that there's a few new models out --- some of them new. Might be worth a
    look.

    Good luck man ---

    --tr






    .................................................................
    Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access
    >>>> at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<

    -=Every Newsgroup - Anonymous, UNCENSORED, BROADBAND Downloads=-




  15. #15
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: what happened to retention?


    "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >
    >
    > Typical. He admits he has no idea, but proceeds to invent an answer
    > anyway. We've had zero dimunition of folks posting that they've gotten
    > "retention" deals from what is now the "Cancellation" department.


    That's not what he said, you idiot.

    >
    > It's only some blind Sprint apologists that consider getting a retention
    > deal as abuse. I wonder how anxious they are to insist on paying full
    > sticker when they buy a new car?


    Probably as anxious as you are to pay full price to have your proctologist
    remove your head from your ass.





  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast