On Cell Phone Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Eric
    Guest
    I just added a second line to my account and placed an order for a new
    phone online. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for them
    to activate the phone and ship it to you? I know the standard line is
    "4-5 business days", but I know they ship faster than that sometimes...
    and used to have overnight shipping. If I placed the order at around
    11:30am (Central Time) today (Monday) and received my order confirmation
    email (not an order shipped notice), about how long should I expect my
    new phone and number? Just curious because I want to try to be around
    the house when UPS comes so that the phone doesn't sit on my porch all
    day unattended.

    Thanks,
    Eric




    See More: Placing an order online




  2. #2
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online


    "Eric" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > I just added a second line to my account and placed an order for a new
    > phone online. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it takes for them
    > to activate the phone and ship it to you? I know the standard line is
    > "4-5 business days", but I know they ship faster than that sometimes...
    > and used to have overnight shipping. If I placed the order at around
    > 11:30am (Central Time) today (Monday) and received my order confirmation
    > email (not an order shipped notice), about how long should I expect my
    > new phone and number? Just curious because I want to try to be around
    > the house when UPS comes so that the phone doesn't sit on my porch all
    > day unattended.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Eric


    Eric, unless someone works from SPCS in the shipping dept, you will probably
    won't get a direct answer. What I'd recommend, is to call CS either later
    tonight or first thing tomorrow morning and ask them to look up the order,
    if had been sent and if so, what kind of delivery ... 1 or 2 day delivery.

    BTW, I don't know whether that phone will be activated when it's sent. You
    may have to do that when it arrives.

    Bob





  3. #3
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    (Bob=A0Smith) wrote:
    <<Eric, unless someone works from SPCS in the shipping dept, you will
    probably won't get a direct answer. What I'd recommend, is to call CS
    either later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning and ask them to
    look up the order, if had been sent and if so, what kind of delivery ...
    1 or 2 day delivery. >>

    Thanks Bob, I'll try that later tonight. I was just wonderingif anyone
    who regularly posts here has had to place an order online and what their
    results were. I hope it comes soon... I just don't like the idea of
    leaving a new phone on my porch for hours until I come home from work.

    Eric




  4. #4
    Doscia
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    >Just curious because I want to try to be around
    >the house when UPS comes so that the phone doesn't sit on my porch all
    >day unattended.


    Ask CSR for the "UPS Tracking Number" - with that you can call UPS and get an
    approximate time for delivery.



  5. #5
    Porter Haskew
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    Actually you can go to their web site and check after getting the
    tracking number.

    Porter Haskew

    On 19 Apr 2004 22:54:12 GMT, [email protected]ojunk (Doscia) wrote:

    >>Just curious because I want to try to be around
    >>the house when UPS comes so that the phone doesn't sit on my porch all
    >>day unattended.

    >
    >Ask CSR for the "UPS Tracking Number" - with that you can call UPS and get an
    >approximate time for delivery.





  6. #6
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    In article <[email protected]com>,
    [email protected]ojunk (Doscia) wrote:

    > >Just curious because I want to try to be around
    > >the house when UPS comes so that the phone doesn't sit on my porch all
    > >day unattended.

    >
    > Ask CSR for the "UPS Tracking Number" - with that you can call UPS and get an
    > approximate time for delivery.


    If its in stock, you should get it in a day or two. Shipping out of
    Louisville is one of SprintPCS' bright spots.



  7. #7
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    (Robert=A0M.) wrote:
    <<If its in stock, you should get it in a day or two. Shipping out of
    Louisville is one of SprintPCS' bright spots. >>

    Yeah, that's what I was figuring. I ordered the Nokia 3588i because I
    wanted just a simple voice phone with no Vision bells or whsitles. I
    hope they still have a good amount in stock, depsite it being one of
    their more popular entry-level phones.

    Eric




  8. #8
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    In article <[email protected]>,=20
    [email protected] says...
    > (Robert=A0M.) wrote:
    > <<If its in stock, you should get it in a day or two. Shipping out of
    > Louisville is one of SprintPCS' bright spots. >>
    >=20
    > Yeah, that's what I was figuring. I ordered the Nokia 3588i because I
    > wanted just a simple voice phone with no Vision bells or whsitles. I
    > hope they still have a good amount in stock, depsite it being one of
    > their more popular entry-level phones.
    >=20
    > Eric
    >=20
    >=20


    Yes, we maintain a pretty good stock. We get once-a-day snapshots of=20
    inventory, and the Nokia is pretty consistently high.

    --=20
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them



  9. #9
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    In article <[email protected]>,
    O/Siris <[email protected]întpcs.com> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    > > (Robert*M.) wrote:
    > > <<If its in stock, you should get it in a day or two. Shipping out of
    > > Louisville is one of SprintPCS' bright spots. >>
    > >
    > > Yeah, that's what I was figuring. I ordered the Nokia 3588i because I
    > > wanted just a simple voice phone with no Vision bells or whsitles. I
    > > hope they still have a good amount in stock, depsite it being one of
    > > their more popular entry-level phones.
    > >
    > > Eric
    > >
    > >

    >
    > Yes, we maintain a pretty good stock. We get once-a-day snapshots of
    > inventory, and the Nokia is pretty consistently high.


    ONCE _ A_ DAY ?? That's 1980's technology? I hope you're mistaken.

    Most large businesses have been able to have REAL TIME information for
    10 years now.



  10. #10
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    [email protected] (Robert=A0M.) wrote:
    <<ONCE _ A_ DAY ?? That's 1980's technology? I hope you're mistaken.
    Most large businesses have been able to have REAL TIME information for
    10 years now. >>

    You'll find anything to complain about won't you? Go back to blowing
    your whistles and maybe God will reward you.




  11. #11
    TechGeek
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > O/Siris <[email protected]întpcs.com> wrote:
    >
    > > >

    > >
    > > Yes, we maintain a pretty good stock. We get once-a-day snapshots of
    > > inventory, and the Nokia is pretty consistently high.

    >
    > ONCE _ A_ DAY ?? That's 1980's technology? I hope you're mistaken.
    >
    > Most large businesses have been able to have REAL TIME information for
    > 10 years now.


    First, we need to use a system that goes along with UPS's management
    software, which is based on an AS400. If you don't like the updates,
    then complain to UPS.

    When I check inventory levels, I see several things.

    The amount physicaly on hand
    The amount physicaly on hand but set aside because it's for an order
    The amount physicaly on hand and available to be ordered
    The amount being shipped to the warehouse form the MFG
    The amount on backorder (if applicable).

    This gets updated every 2-4 hours, but the ordered ones are shown what
    will be processed in the next 4 hours on average.

    For example, say at 10 AM I check the stock levels of the Nokia.

    I MIGHT see:

    25,000 on hand
    2,500 on hand, but set aside for an order
    22,500 avaible to order
    15,000 being shipped to the warehouse.

    Then, I check 4 hours later:

    22,500 on hand
    1,500 on hand, but set aside for an order
    21,000 available to order
    15,000 being shipped to the warehouse.

    O/Sirus may be looking at a list created (by a person in KC) and
    pushed out once or twice a day by our logistics department. I don't
    think he has access to the actual inventory program (access is limited
    since a few years ago it was a program also used to manage the store's
    inventory at the 'back door' level).



  12. #12
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (TechGeek) wrote:

    > "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > O/Siris <[email protected]întpcs.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > > Yes, we maintain a pretty good stock. We get once-a-day snapshots of
    > > > inventory, and the Nokia is pretty consistently high.

    > >
    > > ONCE _ A_ DAY ?? That's 1980's technology? I hope you're mistaken.
    > >
    > > Most large businesses have been able to have REAL TIME information for
    > > 10 years now.

    >
    > First, we need to use a system that goes along with UPS's management
    > software, which is based on an AS400. If you don't like the updates,
    > then complain to UPS.
    >
    > When I check inventory levels, I see several things.
    >
    > The amount physicaly on hand
    > The amount physicaly on hand but set aside because it's for an order
    > The amount physicaly on hand and available to be ordered
    > The amount being shipped to the warehouse form the MFG
    > The amount on backorder (if applicable).
    >
    > This gets updated every 2-4 hours, but the ordered ones are shown what
    > will be processed in the next 4 hours on average.


    2-4 hours is not once a day. Which is it, you've said both.



  13. #13
    TechGeek
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > >
    > > This gets updated every 2-4 hours, but the ordered ones are shown what
    > > will be processed in the next 4 hours on average.

    >
    > 2-4 hours is not once a day. Which is it, you've said both.


    The database itself gets updated every 2-4 hours, the sheet O/Sirus is
    referring to is probabaly one that is typed up by someone in Kansas
    City.

    We also get a similar sheet in the retail stores to show what is
    available in the warehouse for warranty replacement phones for the
    sales reps who don't have access to that inventory management program.



  14. #14
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online

    "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote:
    <<2-4 hours is not once a day. Which is it, you've said both. >>

    Who cares?? And again, why is how often Sprint updates their database of
    supply any of your business?




  15. #15
    Scott Stephenson
    Guest

    Re: Placing an order online


    "Robert M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    >
    > 2-4 hours is not once a day. Which is it, you've said both.


    It has no bearing on the customer experience, as there have been few
    complaints of any problem with the system.





  • Similar Threads




  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast