Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Badaboom
    Guest
    At 3:30 this morning my Sanyo 4900 woke me out of a sound sleep telling
    me that I had a message. Turned out it was a BS message advertising
    cdwho.com, a website for snooping on people. This isn't the first time
    I have received BS messages and I really don't want to receive any more.
    Especially at 3:30 am and if they are boosting my SPCS bill. I managed
    to silence my phone whenever a message is received. But I would like to
    turn off all messaging. Does anyone know how or if this can be done?
    Thanks,
    Ted/




    See More: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?




  2. #2
    Robert M.
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Badaboom <[email protected]> wrote:

    > At 3:30 this morning my Sanyo 4900 woke me out of a sound sleep telling
    > me that I had a message. Turned out it was a BS message advertising
    > cdwho.com, a website for snooping on people. This isn't the first time
    > I have received BS messages and I really don't want to receive any more.
    > Especially at 3:30 am and if they are boosting my SPCS bill. I managed
    > to silence my phone whenever a message is received. But I would like to
    > turn off all messaging. Does anyone know how or if this can be done?
    > Thanks,
    > Ted/


    Yes, I just did that myself in response to SPAM text message that I'll
    be charged for. Very unintuitive.

    Log onto http://www.sprintpcs.com with cell # and password

    Click on "My online tools" on the left

    Click on check "txt messaging (Send a txt message)"

    Click on "Settings and Preferences" on the left

    under (For SMS only) unselect all 3 message types

    Click on SAVE ALL CHANGES nearer the top of page


    BINGO - All gone text messages: SPAM and otherwise.


    I think Sprint PCS should adopt ten year old technology and allow
    filtering of text messages by "White List". That is all text messages
    blocked EXCEPT for those whom you add to the White List.



  3. #3
    John Richards
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    "Badaboom" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]
    > At 3:30 this morning my Sanyo 4900 woke me out of a sound sleep =

    telling=20
    > me that I had a message. Turned out it was a BS message advertising
    > cdwho.com, a website for snooping on people. This isn't the first =

    time
    > I have received BS messages and I really don't want to receive any =

    more.
    > Especially at 3:30 am and if they are boosting my SPCS bill. I =

    managed
    > to silence my phone whenever a message is received. But I would like =

    to
    > turn off all messaging. Does anyone know how or if this can be done?
    > Thanks,
    > Ted/


    Do what most people do: turn the phone off while you're sleeping.

    --=20

    John Richards




  4. #4
    Nebby00007
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    > Do what most people do: turn the phone off while > you're sleeping.

    How does that stop SPAM txt messages from coming to his phone and SprintPCS
    from charging him for them?



  5. #5
    John Richards
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    "Nebby00007" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]
    >> Do what most people do: turn the phone off while > you're sleeping.

    >=20
    > How does that stop SPAM txt messages from coming to his phone and =

    SprintPCS
    > from charging him for them?


    It doesn't. But at least it won't disturb your sleep at 3:00 AM, which
    was one of the things the OP complained about.

    --=20

    John Richards




  6. #6
    Badaboom
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?


    Robert M. wrote:

    > Yes, I just did that myself in response to SPAM text message that I'll
    > be charged for. Very unintuitive.
    >
    > Log onto http://www.sprintpcs.com with cell # and password
    >
    > Click on "My online tools" on the left
    >
    > Click on check "txt messaging (Send a txt message)"
    >
    > Click on "Settings and Preferences" on the left
    >
    > under (For SMS only) unselect all 3 message types
    >
    > Click on SAVE ALL CHANGES nearer the top of page
    >
    >
    > BINGO - All gone text messages: SPAM and otherwise.
    >
    >
    > I think Sprint PCS should adopt ten year old technology and allow
    > filtering of text messages by "White List". That is all text messages
    > blocked EXCEPT for those whom you add to the White List.


    Followed your explicit instructions and no more annoying text messages.
    Thanks Robert.
    Ted/




  7. #7
    Tim Smith
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    In article <[email protected]>, John Richards
    wrote:
    > Do what most people do: turn the phone off while you're sleeping.


    Uhm...what about people where it is there only phone? Occasions do arise
    where people need to be reached while asleep.

    --
    --Tim Smith



  8. #8
    Robert M
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Badaboom <[email protected]> wrote:

    >
    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > Yes, I just did that myself in response to SPAM text message that I'll
    > > be charged for. Very unintuitive.
    > >
    > > Log onto http://www.sprintpcs.com with cell # and password
    > >
    > > Click on "My online tools" on the left
    > >
    > > Click on check "txt messaging (Send a txt message)"
    > >
    > > Click on "Settings and Preferences" on the left
    > >
    > > under (For SMS only) unselect all 3 message types
    > >
    > > Click on SAVE ALL CHANGES nearer the top of page
    > >
    > >
    > > BINGO - All gone text messages: SPAM and otherwise.
    > >
    > >
    > > I think Sprint PCS should adopt ten year old technology and allow
    > > filtering of text messages by "White List". That is all text messages
    > > blocked EXCEPT for those whom you add to the White List.

    >
    > Followed your explicit instructions and no more annoying text messages.
    > Thanks Robert.


    You're welcome. Strange none of the "Sprint experts/employees" had that
    information, and its also too bad its so non-intuitive.



  9. #9
    John Richards
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    "Tim Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, John Richards
    > wrote:
    >> Do what most people do: turn the phone off while you're sleeping.

    >
    > Uhm...what about people where it is there only phone? Occasions do arise
    > where people need to be reached while asleep.


    Then you have to make a decision as to which is more important to you:
    a) get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, or
    b) be always on call for anyone who requests your help.

    Scientists are finding that the reason anxiety problems, etc., are
    on the increase is because many people are now "on call" 24 x 7.
    Nature intended for humans to have 'down' time without fear of interruption.

    --

    John Richards




  10. #10
    Tim Smith
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    In article <[email protected]>, John Richards wrote:
    >>> Do what most people do: turn the phone off while you're sleeping.

    >>
    >> Uhm...what about people where it is there only phone? Occasions do arise
    >> where people need to be reached while asleep.

    >
    > Then you have to make a decision as to which is more important to you:
    > a) get 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, or
    > b) be always on call for anyone who requests your help.


    I wasn't talking about people who are in jobs where they are on call. I'm
    talking about ordinary people. Most of the time, most people do not need to
    be reached while asleep...but what about emergencies? Those do arise
    occasionally.

    --
    --Tim Smith



  11. #11
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: How Do You Turn Off Messaging?

    In article <rmarkoff-7DF28A.22013014052004
    @news06.east.earthlink.net>, [email protected] says...
    > You're welcome. Strange none of the "Sprint experts/employees" had that=

    =20
    > information, and its also too bad its so non-intuitive.
    >=20


    It's too bad you're so intent on your maliciousness that you'd ruin=20
    an otherwise good thread with it.

    You posted barely an hour after the post hit the group, Phill, and=20
    you posted accurately (although I don't completely agree with your=20
    characterization of the process). You expected... what? "what he=20
    said" posts?

    --=20
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them



  • Similar Threads