Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Jared Geiger
    Guest
    I am planning to go overseas for a couple months and won't be using my phone
    at all. I had heard there is a vacation plan that is offered so that I don't
    have to break my contract and I don't have to extend my contract when I get
    back. However, I haven't been able to talk to a CSR that knows anything
    about this. I'm thinking the only people I could call would possibly be
    Cancellations. Does anyone have information about this?

    Thanks,
    Jared





    See More: Vacation Plan




  2. #2
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: Vacation Plan

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]=20
    says...
    > I am planning to go overseas for a couple months and won't be using my ph=

    one
    > at all. I had heard there is a vacation plan that is offered so that I do=

    n't
    > have to break my contract and I don't have to extend my contract when I g=

    et
    > back. However, I haven't been able to talk to a CSR that knows anything
    > about this. I'm thinking the only people I could call would possibly be
    > Cancellations. Does anyone have information about this?
    >=20
    > Thanks,
    > Jared


    The not extending is wrong. The Vacation Plan is $5/month, provides=20
    no included minutes, no long distance, and $1/min if you use the=20
    phone. It works for up to 11 months, after which the line is shut=20
    down. No ETF, at least, when it happens.

    When you come back, though, you sign a new agreement and a new plan,=20
    whatever is available at that time.

    If you get another lost CSR, tell them to go to their Intranet, look=20
    under "Plans and Promotions" and search for "Vacation Plan."

    Hopefully, you'll get someone has at least a *little* pride in their=20
    work, and they'll be able to help you out from there.

    If not, ask for a supervisor. Every Team Lead and Senior Specialist=20
    I've spoken to in our call center knows about it.


    --=20
    R=D8=DF
    O/Siris
    I work for Sprint PCS
    I *don't* speak for them



  3. #3
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: Vacation Plan

    (Jared=A0Geiger) wrote:
    <<I am planning to go overseas for a couple months and won't be using my
    phone at all. I had heard there is a vacation plan that is offered so
    that I don't have to break my contract and I don't have to extend my
    contract when I get back. However, I haven't been able to talk to a CSR
    that knows anything about this. I'm thinking the only people I could
    call would possibly be Cancellations. Does anyone have information about
    this? >>

    A vacation plan does exist... but just be sure *no one* uses your phone
    at ALL while you are doing the vacation plan. It includes NO anytime
    minutes...and if the phone is used, it costs like $1 per minute.

    However, upon returning... when you seek to switch back to a regular
    plan, your older plan may not be available anymore. Your new plan has
    to be one that Sprint currently offers, and I believe it does require
    you to resign a new agreement. I don't know if its a one or two year
    agreement, and I don't know how vacation plans affect people with
    retention deals. But if you are on a regular published plan and Sprint
    no longer offers it, you will lose it. Buyer beware.

    Hope this helps,
    Eric




  4. #4
    Elmo P. Shagnasty
    Guest

    Re: Vacation Plan

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Eric) wrote:

    > (Jared*Geiger) wrote:
    > <<I am planning to go overseas for a couple months and won't be using my
    > phone at all. I had heard there is a vacation plan that is offered so
    > that I don't have to break my contract and I don't have to extend my
    > contract when I get back. However, I haven't been able to talk to a CSR
    > that knows anything about this. I'm thinking the only people I could
    > call would possibly be Cancellations. Does anyone have information about
    > this? >>
    >
    > A vacation plan does exist... but just be sure *no one* uses your phone
    > at ALL while you are doing the vacation plan. It includes NO anytime
    > minutes...and if the phone is used, it costs like $1 per minute.
    >
    > However, upon returning... when you seek to switch back to a regular
    > plan, your older plan may not be available anymore. Your new plan has
    > to be one that Sprint currently offers, and I believe it does require
    > you to resign a new agreement. I don't know if its a one or two year
    > agreement, and I don't know how vacation plans affect people with
    > retention deals. But if you are on a regular published plan and Sprint
    > no longer offers it, you will lose it. Buyer beware.


    That's not a vacation plan.

    That's just Sprint eliminating the early termination fee.




  5. #5
    RÝbert M.
    Guest

    Re: Vacation Plan

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Eric) wrote:
    >
    > > (Jared*Geiger) wrote:
    > > <<I am planning to go overseas for a couple months and won't be using my
    > > phone at all. I had heard there is a vacation plan that is offered so
    > > that I don't have to break my contract and I don't have to extend my
    > > contract when I get back. However, I haven't been able to talk to a CSR
    > > that knows anything about this. I'm thinking the only people I could
    > > call would possibly be Cancellations. Does anyone have information about
    > > this? >>
    > >
    > > A vacation plan does exist... but just be sure *no one* uses your phone
    > > at ALL while you are doing the vacation plan. It includes NO anytime
    > > minutes...and if the phone is used, it costs like $1 per minute.
    > >
    > > However, upon returning... when you seek to switch back to a regular
    > > plan, your older plan may not be available anymore. Your new plan has
    > > to be one that Sprint currently offers, and I believe it does require
    > > you to resign a new agreement. I don't know if its a one or two year
    > > agreement, and I don't know how vacation plans affect people with
    > > retention deals. But if you are on a regular published plan and Sprint
    > > no longer offers it, you will lose it. Buyer beware.

    >
    > That's not a vacation plan.
    >
    > That's just Sprint eliminating the early termination fee.


    Nope, if you quit during the vacation or after, you would be subject to
    the ETF. All the vacation plan basically does is hold your phone number
    available to you for $5/month.



  6. #6
    Elmo P. Shagnasty
    Guest

    Re: Vacation Plan

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "RÝbert M." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > That's not a vacation plan.
    > >
    > > That's just Sprint eliminating the early termination fee.

    >
    > Nope, if you quit during the vacation or after, you would be subject to
    > the ETF. All the vacation plan basically does is hold your phone number
    > available to you for $5/month.


    And then make you go back in on a brand new full contract on whatever
    plans are available when you get back.

    It smells funny, because it's bad.

    And then, when you get back, you find all these buck a minute phone
    calls on your bill--and no matter what you say, Sprint will insist that
    you must have made those calls, that there couldn't possibly have been
    any billing errors.

    Yeah, I see that one coming down 5th Avenue.




  7. #7
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: Vacation Plan

    (Elmo=A0P.=A0Shagnasty) wrote:
    <<That's not a vacation plan.
    That's just Sprint eliminating the early termination fee. >>

    No, that is a "Vacation Plan". It holds your phone number in instances
    when you know you are not going to use your phone for an extended period
    of time. The ETF would still apply.




  • Similar Threads

    1. alt.cellular.sprintpcs
    2. alt.cellular.sprintpcs
    3. alt.cellular.sprintpcs
    4. alt.cellular.sprintpcs