Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    RÝbert M.
    Guest
    So my Sanyo RL5400 is wierding out and I'm told to call an 877 number
    for Tech Support.

    I call the number and the CSR goes to a webpage @ pinpoint.com for
    "Known Sanyo Issues",
    and tells me:

    "I can't get to the web page now, must be our new Firewall".



    See More: CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.




  2. #2
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.

    (R=F8bert=A0M.)
    > So my Sanyo RL5400 is wierding out and I'm
    > told to call an 877 number for Tech Support.


    What kinds of problems are you having with it?




  3. #3
    RÝbert M.
    Guest

    Re: CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Eric) wrote:

    > (RÝbert*M.)
    > > So my Sanyo RL5400 is wierding out and I'm
    > > told to call an 877 number for Tech Support.

    >
    > What kinds of problems are you having with it?


    Dropped Calls.

    Party at other end saying "You're breaking up"

    Network Busy Messages.


    I would swear its a bad local tower, except, I get 4 bars signal, and my
    wife's Identical phone has no such issues.



  4. #4
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.

    (R=F8bert=A0M.) wrote:
    > Dropped Calls.
    > Party at other end saying "You're breaking
    > up"
    > Network Busy Messages.
    > I would swear its a bad local tower, except, I
    > get 4 bars signal, and my wife's Identical
    > phone has no such issues.


    Yeah it does sound like on the surface it should be a tower problem.
    Have you tried dialing *18? I don't even know if that works anymore.
    Did you and your wife get the phones at the same time? The network busy
    messages is very puzzling.

    Good luck trying to call CS. Let us know how they helped, if they do at
    all.

    Eric




  5. #5
    Steven J Sobol
    Guest

    Re: CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.

    Eric <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> I would swear its a bad local tower, except, I
    >> get 4 bars signal, and my wife's Identical
    >> phone has no such issues.

    >
    > Yeah it does sound like on the surface it should be a tower problem.
    > Have you tried dialing *18? I don't even know if that works anymore.


    *18 DOES NOT WORK ON SPRINT PCS'S SYSTEM. IT IS MORE LIKELY TO CAUSE
    PROBLEMS THAN NOT. (You obviously haven't been reading the recent threads)


    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / [email protected]
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.



  6. #6
    Eric
    Guest

    Re: CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.

    (Steven=A0J=A0Sobol) wrote:
    > *18 DOES NOT WORK ON SPRINT PCS'S
    > SYSTEM. IT IS MORE LIKELY TO CAUSE
    > PROBLEMS THAN NOT. (You obviously
    > haven't been reading the recent threads)


    Wow, no need for the shouting. I didn't know if it still worked or not,
    that's is why I stated that in my post. And no, I don't read all the
    threads in this newsgroup... just the ones that interest me.

    Eric




  7. #7
    Steven J Sobol
    Guest

    Re: CSR's stymied by SprintPCS computer security.

    Eric <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Wow, no need for the shouting. I didn't know if it still worked or not,
    > that's is why I stated that in my post. And no, I don't read all the
    > threads in this newsgroup... just the ones that interest me.


    OK... well, it was made very clear that *18 may *cause* problems if you
    use it.

    Sorry about the shouting.

    --
    JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
    Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / [email protected]
    PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
    Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.



  • Similar Threads