Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    The Truth
    Guest
    8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the
    phone?

    I want to try the Google search with SMS.

    Thanks



    See More: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the phone?




  2. #2
    The Truth
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the phone?

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:00:46 -0500, Lunchbox G4 <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >The Truth wrote:
    >> 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the
    >> phone?
    >>
    >> I want to try the Google search with SMS.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >
    >Can't. The 8100 doesn't support SMS, and last time I checked (which was
    >a while ago, admittedly), there were no plans to add that feature to the
    >firmware. You could check, but I think the plan was to make all
    >non-Vision phones at the time of SMS release capable as a perk for a
    >crappy phone, and all new phones as of that time have the feature.
    >Stinks, I know since I had an 8100, but I came up for an upgrade, and
    >did. The RL-4920 is a nice upgrade from the 8100, IMHO.
    >
    >//LBG4


    Thank for the nfo and tip.



  3. #3
    yory_boy
    yory_boy is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 01:00:46 -0500, Lunchbox G4 <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >The Truth wrote:
    >> 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the
    >> phone?
    >>
    >> I want to try the Google search with SMS.
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >
    >Can't. The 8100 doesn't support SMS, and last time I checked (which was
    >a while ago, admittedly), there were no plans to add that feature to the
    >firmware. You could check, but I think the plan was to make all
    >non-Vision phones at the time of SMS release capable as a perk for a
    >crappy phone, and all new phones as of that time have the feature.
    >Stinks, I know since I had an 8100, but I came up for an upgrade, and
    >did. The RL-4920 is a nice upgrade from the 8100, IMHO.
    >
    >//LBG4


    Thank for the nfo and tip.

    If you still need firmware with SMS for Sanyo 8100, contact me.

    www.cdma-ware.com // [email protected]

    I also have firmwares with SMS for Samsung a460, a500, a600



  4. #4
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the phone?

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > If you still need firmware with SMS for Sanyo 8100, contact me.
    >
    > www.cdma-ware.com // [email protected]
    >
    > I also have firmwares with SMS for Samsung a460, a500, a600
    >


    This is a lie. A scam. Sprint PCS will not send "real" SMS to an 8100.
    It uses Shortmail, and always will.

    --
    R
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+



  5. #5
    yory_boy
    yory_boy is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by O/Siris
    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > If you still need firmware with SMS for Sanyo 8100, contact me.
    >
    > www.cdma-ware.com // [email protected]
    >
    > I also have firmwares with SMS for Samsung a460, a500, a600
    >


    This is a lie. A scam. Sprint PCS will not send "real" SMS to an 8100.
    It uses Shortmail, and always will.
    You are just not know about that what you said. Firmwares 100% worked and tested by me and my customers. This is special modified firmwares maked special for Sprint PCS



  6. #6
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messagingon the phone?

    yory_boy wrote:

    > You are just not know about that what you said. Firmwares 100% worked
    > and tested by me and my customers. This is special modified firmwares
    > maked special for Sprint PCS


    Even if you're not lying, and the modified firmware does do SMS, if anything
    happens to the phone (software-wise) in the future, I doubt Sprint would fix
    it. If the firmware proves to be buggy, are you going to re-flash the phone
    with the firmware it came with? Are you going to offer any other support for
    the phone?

    (Irrelevant, probably. I'm sure you're not telling the truth.)

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"



  7. #7
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the phone?

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > yory_boy wrote:
    >
    > > You are just not know about that what you said. Firmwares 100% worked
    > > and tested by me and my customers. This is special modified firmwares
    > > maked special for Sprint PCS

    >
    > Even if you're not lying, and the modified firmware does do SMS, if anything
    > happens to the phone (software-wise) in the future, I doubt Sprint would fix
    > it. If the firmware proves to be buggy, are you going to re-flash the phone
    > with the firmware it came with? Are you going to offer any other support for
    > the phone?
    >
    > (Irrelevant, probably. I'm sure you're not telling the truth.)
    >
    >

    SMS to a Sanyo 8100 is not possible. Partly because it's not the
    phone's choice where the message goes. The Sprint network will not send
    SMS to a Shortmail phone. Period. Zippy can flash Ubuntu Linux on the
    8100 for all the system cares. The system will *still* send all "SMS"
    messages going to an 8100 to Shortmail.

    Period.

    --
    R
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+



  8. #8
    yory_boy
    yory_boy is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    7

    1,5 years ago i sold firmware with SMS for Sanyo 8100 for 2000$ to Korean refurbish company, this company sells refurbishing cell phones to USA. Also i sold some times Sanyo, Samsung firmwares for USA customers for 1500$(Sanyo 8100) year ago.

    Now price much more cheaply and this firmwares still popular.

    Also exist modified firmwares with SMS for other models like Sanyo 5150, Samung n240, etc, but i have only for Sanyo 8100, Samung a460, a500, a600

    All firmwares 100% tested and worked. Yes, i know, price for this firmwares not for end-users, but this firmwares for commercial usage not for personal.
    Last edited by yory_boy; 06-23-2005 at 02:46 PM.



  9. #9
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messagingon the phone?

    yory_boy wrote:
    > 1,5 years ago i sold firmware with SMS for Sanyo 8100 for 2000$ to
    > Korean refurbish company, this company sells refurbishing cell phones
    > to USA.


    Well, Rob (O/Siris) used to work in Vision Tech Support at Sprint, so when
    he says the *system* won't send SMS to a phone not originally equipped for
    SMS, I believe him. And the Sprint 8100s weren't originally equipped for SMS.

    Is there any point to you continuing to argue?

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"



  10. #10
    yory_boy
    yory_boy is offline
    Junior Member

    Posts
    7

    Ask about it customers who bought and uses this firmwares for a long time.... As you see Rob (O/Siris) not so good in technical questions.

    This is Sprint politics, they not want sells phones with SMS, because they have own service. Other operators uses SMS without any problem, but you cant usage firmware with SMS from other operators (for example Bell - canada)) without modification. But this problem is solved long long long time ago..



  11. #11
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messagingon the phone?

    yory_boy wrote:

    > Ask about it customers who bought and uses this firmwares for a long
    > time.... As you see Rob (O/Siris) not so good in technical questions.


    He's never had problems giving me correct answers before. On the other hand,
    you popped out of nowhere, I don't know you, and I have no reason to trust
    that you know a damned thing about what you're discussing.

    > This is Sprint politics, they not want sells phones with SMS,


    Well, gee, this just *proves* you don't have a clue. With the exception of
    one model, every phone currently in Sprint's lineup has SMS. Have you
    forgotten that Sprint only launched true SMS around a year ago?

    The phones that don't support SMS are older phones. Lessee. Sprintpcs.com,
    Shopping... browse phones. Here we are...

    Some of the phones aren't listed as being SMS capable on the "browse" page
    but the details page for each phone lists SMS as a feature. 20 of the 21
    phones currently listed for my US zip code, 92307, are listed as
    SMS-capable. The only one that isn't is an older Samsung smartphone model,
    the i500.

    Even the no-frills, no-Vision, voice-only Motorola V60v and the no-frills,
    no-Vision, voice-only Nokia 6016i are SMS-capable.

    But that's right, Yo-yo, Sprint doesn't want to sell phones with SMS. :>

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"



  12. #12
    O/Siris
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messaging on the phone?

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > Well, Rob (O/Siris) used to work in Vision Tech Support at Sprint, so when
    > he says the *system* won't send SMS to a phone not originally equipped for
    > SMS, I believe him. And the Sprint 8100s weren't originally equipped for SMS.
    >
    > Is there any point to you continuing to argue?
    >


    Thanks, Steve. I can't get across just how honored I am every time I
    hear of someone valuing my experience like that. To me, that means more
    than any raise or bonus a company could give me.

    --
    R
    O/Siris
    -+-
    A thing moderately good
    is not so good as it ought to be.
    Moderation in temper is always a virtue,
    but moderation in principle is always a vice.
    +Thomas Paine, "The Rights of Man", 1792+



  13. #13
    Steve Sobol
    Guest

    Re: 8100 Sprint PCS Phone....Where can I fing SMS Text Messagingon the phone?

    O/Siris wrote:

    > Thanks, Steve. I can't get across just how honored I am every time I
    > hear of someone valuing my experience like that. To me, that means more
    > than any raise or bonus a company could give me.


    My experiences with CS have been mixed.

    My experiences with Tech Support have been consistently good. Sprint's Tech
    Support employees have been clued and helpful whenever I've called.

    I'm just giving credit where it's due.

    --
    JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / [email protected] / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
    Coming to you from Southern California's High Desert, where the
    temperatures are as high as the gas prices! / 888.480.4NET (4638)

    "Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"



  • Phones Discussed Above

    BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Black More BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Black topics RIM (Blackberry) Forum Reviews
  • Similar Threads